irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation Does Whey Protein Intake Produce Excess Mucus?

I know that milk itself generally causes excessive mucus. But what I want to know is does Whey Protein cause excess mucus? Currently have very very light mucus buildup from the remains of a previous cold. This seems to still make me have a slight cough.

I read that low lactose products don't cause as much mucus as milk itself? Currently talking MGN Pure Isolate Protein.

If this is still the cause of my cough/mucus buildup I will have to stop it for a week then, but I need some way to get in my protein intake! Appreciate the input and help guys!

PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irboreddd View Post
    I know that milk itself generally causes excessive mucus. But what I want to know is does Whey Protein cause excess mucus? Currently have very very light mucus buildup from the remains of a previous cold. This seems to still make me have a slight cough.

I read that low lactose products don't cause as much mucus as milk itself? Currently talking MGN Pure Isolate Protein.

If this is still the cause of my cough/mucus buildup I will have to stop it for a week then, but I need some way to get in my protein intake! Appreciate the input and help guys!
    How about meat?
    PRM - Off-Season and Competition Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140058233

irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irboreddd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PRMachine View Post
    How about meat?
    I can't eat meat every meal. Especially not at work. I have about 3 solid meals and 3 shakes with nuts and some kind of fruit.

Also more input!

psbodybuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by irboreddd View Post

I also had the same problem since I started taking whey protein 5 times a day. I had so much phlegm from my sinus draining
    into my throat making it cough. I started getting sinus headaches on and off, so I stopped all whey protein
    today and I feel a lot better already. I am going to use eggs, turkey and fish instead.

My doctor told me not to take whey protein, because he says it's not REAL food.

I hope this helps. The Livestrong website confirms my suspicion, excessive mucus from whey.