genglerm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Totally Discouraged

I have been lifting for a few months now - my body is losing inches so I feel that is a good thing - however the scale is not budging...literally. I weigh in the same time each day (first thing in the AM right after going to the bathroom), while the scale may move a few tenths of a pound I am not losing weight. I'm eating 1,490 calories a day with 130 g protein, 130 g carbs, and 50 g fat. I need some tips / advice. I'm lifting 3 days a week with a little cardio - not a ton. Should I do cardio on my off days? I'm getting pretty discouraged

Any info or tips would be great. I'm so close to finding someone to lay out my daily meals and snacks to see if I'm doing something wrong. I measure my food out before eating. I haven't had a "cheat" day or meal in almost a month.

vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much do you weigh? How tall are you? Just to get an idea of you stats.

If you are eating 1490 cals you should be loosing. How are you tracking foods? Problems likes this are usually just down to eating more than you think.

genglerm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vhenley164 View Post
    How much do you weigh? How tall are you? Just to get an idea of you stats.

If you are eating 1490 cals you should be loosing. How are you tracking foods? Problems likes this are usually just down to eating more than you think.
    As of this AM I am weighing in at 151.7 and I'm 67" tall.

I keep thinking I should be losing too...my daily meals are pretty close to this:

5a - 1 scoop whey protein, 1 c. 1% milk, 1 medium banana, and 1 TBSP. peanut butter

8a - 5 egg whites, a touch of butter (just enough to keep the eggs from sticking), and a tangerine

12p - 6 oz raw chicken (cooked obviously) with 1/2 c. mashed sweet potatoes (or brown rice depending on what sounds better) and a 1/4 c. mixed veggies

3p - Trader Joe's pre-packaged almonds "Just a handful of Almonds" plain and a cheese stick

6p - dinner is the same meal as lunch

This would be a non workout day - on a workout day I would have a protein shake after my workout.