DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation What is the average amount of body fat that an average person can lose per month

Hi guys how are you doing tonight

i just finally posted some pictures on here of my before and after for the first month of in the gym eating healthy results..
    i go to the gym every day cardio and lift and eat right except for on my cheat day.

my question is how much is the average body fat or weight loss a person around 185 lbs lose per month..

im not looking for the water weight added because i can lose 10 lbs a day on water but as soon as i drink it its right back so it does not really count..

BB.com has honestly made me very comfortable with how my body looks and not being afraid of being judged because there are plenty of people just like me looking to do the same thing

so i thank you

logicspeaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logicspeaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I know in my very limited experience....

It is safe to lose at most 2 pounds per week, and ideally all of this would be fat but in reality it's probably about 90% fat and 10% LBM. You can do the math from there.

However, those numbers change depending on how lean you are - leaner people (let's say 15% BF and lower) will lose more lean mass on that kind of a deficit, while people with higher BF (25%+) will lose less lean mass, quite possibly 100% fat.

Edit: In addition, people with very high BF (30%+) can probably safely lose more than 2 pounds a week, something like 3 pounds a week, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by logicspeaks View Post
    From what I know in my very limited experience....

It is safe to lose at most 2 pounds per week, and ideally all of this would be fat but in reality it's probably about 90% fat and 10% LBM. You can do the math from there.

However, those numbers change depending on how lean you are - leaner people (let's say 15% BF and lower) will lose more lean mass on that kind of a deficit, while people with higher BF (25%+) will lose less lean mass, quite possibly 100% fat.

Edit: In addition, people with very high BF (30%+) can probably safely lose more than 2 pounds a week, something like 3 pounds a week, but I wouldn't really recommend it.
    i think right now im at around 20% body fat i fluctuate any where from 183-187 in the week just depending on water weight

i started at 190 and the average is 185 so i think ive lost 5 lbs of fat in a bout a month
    is that normal?

bump

scoresman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoresman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DavieP View Post
    Hi guys how are you doing tonight

i just finally posted some pictures on here of my before and after for the first month of in the gym eating healthy results..
    i go to the gym every day cardio and lift and eat right except for on my cheat day.

my question is how much is the average body fat or weight loss a person around 185 lbs lose per month..

im not looking for the water weight added because i can lose 10 lbs a day on water but as soon as i drink it its right back so it does not really count..

BB.com has honestly made me very comfortable with how my body looks and not being afraid of being judged because there are plenty of people just like me looking to do the same thing

so i thank you

Well I am 183lbs and 29% BF (caliper test by a professional vs the 18% BF I got from an Omnitron handheld) and currently working with my coach to drop down to around 8% ASAP.

Should be up for another caliper measurement in a month or so. Lets see what the results are

Originally Posted by scoresman View Post
    Well I am 183lbs and 29% BF (caliper test by a professional vs the 18% BF I got from an Omnitron handheld) and currently working with my coach to drop down to around 8% ASAP.

Should be up for another caliper measurement in a month or so. Lets see what the results are
    good luck with that man

my first bf fat test was showing i was around 25% that was army standard tests for me where they take the height weight a neck measure and a stomach measure and it gives you it..