casrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Right Elbow Buckles in on Dumbbell Press?

Just to give a little background, I'm 19, 140 pounds, Bench 185 about 2-3 times, Squat-225, deadlift-330, DB Shoulder Press 50 lb x 12 reps or so....

Whenever I start going up to the 80 pound dumbbell range on flat dumbbell presses, i would get this problem. I would start the set: kicking back dumbbells at the same time, and then pushing up. Problem is, my left arm will push the DB up, while my right one has this feeling of weakness(not necessarily shooting pain), and will start buckling inwards so that my elbow is almost at my ribs. I then have to push the DB up in that way, with the elbow basically touching the ribs. Im right handed by the way. After getting it up initially, I can then do ~ 8 reps after that.

I would definitely say my weakest body part is shoulders, especially with a few inflamation problems with it in the past where Ive had to shut it down for a few weeks(in terms of heavy exercises like DB shoulder presses, military presses etc.). To this day, I am back doing the ordinary shoulder exercises: Barbell Upright Rows, Arnold Presses, DB shoulder presses, with "rehab" exercises on other days, stuff that strengthens my rotator cuff, common shoulder flyes, etc. Im always cautious in pushing my shoulders though on heavy exercises, worrying that Ill bust it up again.

How did this shoulder inequality come about, and how can I fix it? Is this injury related, or is it just my right shoulder is weaker than my left? Is it even a shoulder problem?

Thanks guys.

pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pickin101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You tried having someone hand you one of the weights at the top of the movement for DB press? I do that on my last heavy set after a shoulder injury to take the stress off.

With regards to the shoulder inequality it happens. It can happen with any body part. For me i just added some extra reps with that arm and shoulder to level it out.
    "Not with the lights on, baby. I'm bulking."