jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplement to help cure overtraining

Hey there,

Last month, before i discovered keto dieting i continued on my normal diet but upped my training a lot. My old routine was 4 days a week with both cardio and weights, the cardio was a 30 minutes run, 50% of this was HIIT and the rest was at a speed that would leave me knackered by the end (not a speed i could just do all day). To be exact the sprints were at 20.5kph and the run at the end was 13.6kph for 15 minutes+

This was fine for me, but last month i tried doing 7 day cardio in an effort to lose fat. I done the same but at the end of the workout i put the incline up to about 6 and done 20.5kph sprints for 30 seconds and done this 3 times with 90second rest periods, basically pushing it as hard as i could. This was fine for a while but near the end of the month i started to feel it in my legs. I cut the cardio back down but since then i've been struggling, and it keeps getting worse

Its hard to explain, they feel very weak and battered. If i stretch them, they feel much better for a while, and if i run, although the first 10 minutes is hell, once the blood start going they are fine and remain that way the rest of the day/night. But then the next day, even walking is an effort. Everything else is fine, just the legs. I've overtrained them, no denying that, my own fault for trying to go head first i accept that. But i'm trying to cut as much as possible for the summer, and althought i'm going to cut down on the running as much as i can (or more, cut down on the HIIT parts) i don't want to take a long period off to give them rest, at least not yet. I know rest is what they need and i'm only making it worse and could damage my nervous sytem more etc., but it's just for now

Anyway i've been reading up and it seems i havnt been taking the right supplements to prevent overtraining, and it's a bit late for that now eh! Ive started on l-glutamine recently (15g a day, 5 in morning, 5 in pwo shake, 5 before bed) but it's not enough. I keep seeing BCAA's and EAA's mentioned to help with overtraining, and a million arguments for which one to go with (as EAA contains stuff BCAA's have) and whether or not to take them bulking or cutting. I was thinking EAA might be more suited and could potentially help repair my musclem, but i wanted to check before i went off and bought stuff that won't help at all, or if it should buy BCAA instead, or perhaps something totally different. Any recommendations?

And please dont shout at me, i know i screwed up, should have known better

Pseudo-Intellectual lovehasrisen's Avatar
    lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would rest for a week.. :]
    For recovery.. I would recommend Agent-M by Fusion..
    Doctorate in Brotology

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    100% guaranteed cure for overtraining is to train less.

-BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000)
    steroids
    i rep back 1k+

Pseudo-Intellectual lovehasrisen's Avatar
    lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by -BigT- View Post
    steroids
    ...wut?
    Doctorate in Brotology

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glutamine always seemed beneficial for myself during long stretches of training. If not, then a deload period always works. Take a at least 5 days off(maybe even 7-10). Keep a good diet and then get back to it.
    "2Burnt takes AlphaMax to the Max" log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

<<PH/DS Family Member 3rd cousin once removed>>

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON

jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a feeling that's what you were all gonna say :P As "luck" would have it though, my normal gym is upgrading the free weights room so i'm having to go to another gym for a week or so, and this other gym doesnt have great cardio facilitys. The machines use a "key" which basically tracks you're progress, however you need to sign up and all this carry on (no point if im there for a week) so they gave me a beginner key thing to use for a week, which is very restricted. You cannot set a speed! At least not via the number pad, it disables it. You have to increase the speed by simply holding + and decrease with -. This isn't very good for sprints as you get to the end of you're sprint and spent another 30 seconds trying to hold down the - button till it gets back down to a rest speed, just can't be done haha

I'm only doing a few days cardio and it's only going to serve as a warmup. Today i ran round the track out the back of this place and it was pretty nice to run outside for a change, i just ran round about 11 times at my own mixed pace. Hopefully this will help

But as for supplements to prevent help prevent overtraining in the first place, bewtween BCAA's and EAA's, does it really matter? They both seem around the same price from where i buy my supplements. Thinking if these do what i think they do, mixing them in (especially this week) might help out a lot

If this doesn't work, i'll just go with BigT's advice