Thread: BasketBall

dodoshka91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy BasketBall

Hi Body Building experts!! I have posted this in workout forum but did not recieve help I should have posted here at first.
    I am 18 year old male and I am 194 cm tall (6 foot 4)but I weigh only 80 kg~ 165 pound. Well I am a basketball player, I play in my junior varsity team position #4 and unfortunately I have not got the body to stop the other huge centers. I have basketball skills because I have been playing for a while but I got a weak upper and lower body strength. There is a gym at my university which is highly equipped with a lot of machines. I prefer not to drink protein-shakes as some guys do and not to use any artificial stuff. Please could any one help me and provide me with a detailed gym-workout so that I could be better in my game by improving my upper and lower body strength.
    biceps~16 pounds
    triceps~15 pounds
    inclined press~400 pounds
    chest~70 pounds
    back~70 pounds
    (that is all what I used to do and I was told that doing all the exercises at once is wrong and there is a plan of training a particular muscle and relaxing it for a couple of days)
    I also got a twin brother who would also like to share these new workouts with me.
    Please help and thank you in advance

davidgillis25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidgillis25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidgillis25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidgillis25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidgillis25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidgillis25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dodoshka91 View Post
    Hi Body Building experts!! I have posted this in workout forum but did not recieve help I should have posted here at first.
    I am 18 year old male and I am 194 cm tall (6 foot 4)but I weigh only 80 kg~ 165 pound. Well I am a basketball player, I play in my junior varsity team position #4 and unfortunately I have not got the body to stop the other huge centers. I have basketball skills because I have been playing for a while but I got a weak upper and lower body strength. There is a gym at my university which is highly equipped with a lot of machines. I prefer not to drink protein-shakes as some guys do and not to use any artificial stuff. Please could any one help me and provide me with a detailed gym-workout so that I could be better in my game by improving my upper and lower body strength.
    biceps~16 pounds
    triceps~15 pounds
    chest~70 pounds
    back~70 pounds
    (that is all what I used to do and I was told that doing all the exercises at once is wrong and there is a plan of training a particular muscle and relaxing it for a couple of days)
    I also got a twin brother who would also like to share these new workouts with me.
    Eat protein rich foods if you don't want to drink shakes. some strength building excersises are, Clean Snatch, Push press, Bench,Deadlift, Squat and Lat pull down(or chin ups)

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dodoshka91 View Post
    biceps~16 pounds
    triceps~15 pounds
    chest~70 pounds
    back~70 pounds
    Just do starting strength and follow GOMAD procedure with it.
    3 times a week, and you will get big and strong.

jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo_el is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also when you have a good base support for your legs try doing some plyometrics, these will help big time trust me,

Also alot of people fall into the trap of focusing on strength training too much, be sure that you dont change your normal skills training such as handles and shooting

Good luck

any more questions feel free to email me jo.el13@hotmail.com
    "It Aint About How Hard You Hit, It's About How Hard You Get Hit And keep Moving Foward, Thats How Winning Is Done !"---- Sylvester Stallone

"Like" My ******** Page :) http://www.********.com/ConquerAllPersonalTraining

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jo_el View Post
    Also when you have a good base support for your legs try doing some plyometrics, these will help big time trust me,

Also alot of people fall into the trap of focusing on strength training too much, be sure that you dont change your normal skills training such as handles and shooting

Good luck

any more questions feel free to email me jo.el13@hotmail.com
    Ofcourse this is the major part, skills first. You wont see a difference in dribbling and shooting if you practise it all along with strength training. I mean, you wont get worse with them.

Chazzawatts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take advantage of the fact your brother wants to train too! use donkey calf raises to build up calves that will help you jump higher and thus win more rebounds on both ends of the court. You could try doing some pylo's aswell as your vertical helps so much in basketball. Continue working on your upper body and make sure you hit up the protein and get like 1-1.5g or protein per lb of bodyweight.

And if the reason you dont like shakes etc is the flavour I eat my protein powder in a chocolate yoghurt, makes it taste good!