jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Skinny fat confusion

I need some help,

About 6 months ago I found a nutritionist who was working with my diet and weightloss, this was before I found IIFYM. This nutritionist had me eating at around 1600 cals a day. I lost a ton of weight (started at 116 am now around 85) although my problem is I am still high body fat with a low LBM.

I do not know whether to bulk or cut and I keep changing my mind every 2 weeks. Idk what to do, in the mirror I feel like I look fat, at the gym with a shirt on I feel like I look skinny. Should I be bulking or cutting?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do your stats say 6'1 191lbs then....

Also IIFYM is not a diet, you've ALWAYS been doing it, even with the nutritionist

jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonoske1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Why do your stats say 6'1 191lbs then....

Also IIFYM is not a diet, you've ALWAYS been doing it, even with the nutritionist
    Because those are my stats?
    And I never said IIFYM is a diet, using the knowledge I've gained
    since then, I'm pretty sure 1600 is way to much of a defecit

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jonoske1 View Post
    Because those are my stats?
    And I never said IIFYM is a diet, using the knowledge I've gained
    since then, I'm pretty sure 1600 is way to much of a defecit
    So you're post is incorrect then and is in kg compared to lbs in stats

Originally Posted by jonoske1 View Post
    I lost a ton of weight (started at 116 am now around 85)

yeah mate sorry the post is in kgs,

AlwaysTrying I know you have some good advice, I've seen your posts.
    Do you think I should bulk or cut?

gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP this exact thing happened to me , i was 103 Kg and i got all the way down to 65 Kg ... i had it in my head that i dont want to eat because i will put on all the weight back , but i hated that i looked like a stick figure in the gym and when i got home i look at myself in the mirror and i always say to myself im getting fat , so i would stop eating ....

after a while i began to get even smaller so i just sucked it up and figured out how much i need to get the phisque i really wanted and to do that i had to bulk ( for a former fat person you dont want to hear that ) .
    i raised my calories gradually ( about + 150 cals each week ) and i monitored my progress .. now im up to 70 Kg and i love the looks im getting and the way i look in the mirror ... just keep thinking about the end result and you will get there
    When you hit the gym, it's time to punch the crap out of that time clock !!

Never make up excuses ... If you cant go to the gym , it wont come to you .

It's great to hear from someone who has experienced the problem that I am going through, congrats on the drop BTW. Thanks for your advice!

Pics front and back

gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaijinr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your very welcome , i know how hard it is dealing with the stress , but one thing always gets me through ... the thought of achieving and living a better life , just eat with moderation and hit the weights hard , dont forget its a marathon not a sprint the change will come + at 6'1" when you bulk up then cut down you will have something that no one will take from you

Good luck
    When you hit the gym, it's time to punch the crap out of that time clock !!

Never make up excuses ... If you cant go to the gym , it wont come to you .

SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The good news is you can get out of your predicament. The bad news is you may incur some hardship when it comes to eating a set amount of food each day to gain weight through a muscle favoring combination of both lean mass and fat. The problem most people face is the fear they'll balloon up again, and this is a very valid fear many people hold. However, it's important to highlight the problem with such a view. Before taking your health seriously, and I speak freely and not to you, OP, is that you would eat anything your tastebuds desired. If you eat a set amount each day and practice some self control, it would be next to impossible to gain all that fat dominant weight back. Unless you're severely underestimating your calories by a couple thousand each day. Yes, it's hard, but a lot of people on this site have been there or are going through it. You're not alone on this epic journey of life changing experience.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Pics front and back
    Side to side, shake it all around!

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your experience is definitely typical- losing a large amount of weight can really create a lot of body image distortion. Which is exactly what happens in most people with eating disorders (not by any means accusing you of having one, sorry if it sounds that way! just pointing out a similar phenomenon). There is a good chance that you're seeing a "fatter" reflection in the mirror than what everyone else is seeing.. I've definitely been there many times.

Anyway, bulking vs. cutting- you may actually be onto something with going back and forth- cycling can be a great way to overall decrease your body fat without significantly altering your weight (in the long run). Maybe giving a few cycles a shot would help you to drop a little of the "fat" you're seeing but also bulk up the muscle for a more buff look taht you might be more confident with?

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know how you feel...

just post a pic, but the first thing should be your own decision and you MUST be HONEST with yourself, sir

I wasn't being honest with myself, I knew I was skinny as hell, but my mind was telling me that I was fat, now, when I look in the mirror, I try to be honest and the things are really different, and I see myself how I am

You probably want to talk with someone, try to see this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=70778

And as AT said, post a pic, so we can help you (:

good luck
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNjoYM0NSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try starting a clean bulk and add some lean muscle mass.