samukeshi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can anyone help/ critique?

Can anyone help/ critique?

I'm so stuck! I'm 21, I eat pretty healthily and I work out 5/6 days a week. I have been doing so consistently for about a year and although I started to tone up a bit but my bodies just not changing anymore and I'm not sure if it's the food or excercise that I'm doing wrong?

My current routine (Only recently changed up my routing about 3 months ago:

Monday: cardio
    Tuesday: Leg day
    Wednesday: Upper body
    Thurday: cardio
    Friday: Circuits
    Saturday: weights (full body)

Just to give some more info, this is pretty much my diet:

OPTION 1
    Breakfast: porridge with blended banana in milk and chia seeds.
    snack: 2 boiled eggs and apple
    lunch: rice, fish and veg.
    snack: trailmix or 2 tsb of peanut butter and apple.
    dinner: turkey steak and some broccoli and peas.

OPTION 2
    Breakfast: 1 scp protein shake and semi skimmed milk, muesli and yoghurt.
    snack: apple
    lunch: chicken salad
    snack: trailmix or 2 tsb of peanut butter and apple.
    dinner: beef steak, avocado n tomatoes

WHERE AM I GOING WRONG?! I'm getting so frustrated!

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    With no height/weight stats pretty hard to define what you think is not going right.

"fairly healthy" eating has nothing to do with it if your gaining weight your eating too much, if you losing to little but you need to track what's going in your mouth. I don't care if is oatmeal or chocolate bar in the end it is total calories that counts.

If you feel your making no progress in the gym is it physical or mental barrier - are you pushing yourself every time your in there. You will read over and over to gain muscle you need to eat in a surplus to build.

Best I can help with the details you gave.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lift heavier, eat a little more. also your workouts (and diet, somewhat) should change often. if you eat the same and workout the same all the time, why would your body change? its just going to get used to that and maintain itself.
    Your body is lazy - it does the least amount possible. if you do bench monday and start with barbell x amount of reps, back tuesday start with pull up with x amount of reps, etc etc...your body will build up enough to just do that. You need to constantly throw different curve balls at it to make it grow - and fuel yourself properly/accordingly.

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    With no height/weight stats pretty hard to define what you think is not going right.

"fairly healthy" eating has nothing to do with it if your gaining weight your eating too much, if you losing to little but you need to track what's going in your mouth. I don't care if is oatmeal or chocolate bar in the end it is total calories that counts.

If you feel your making no progress in the gym is it physical or mental barrier - are you pushing yourself every time your in there. You will read over and over to gain muscle you need to eat in a surplus to build.

Best I can help with the details you gave.
    I'm 57kg and 5ft3, my bodyfat is 21%, I've lost about 3% bodyfat so far but yeah like I said I'm just stuck now. I eat about 1500 calories a day. The problem is I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm pretty much just winging it.

Thank you for your advice though, I guess I need to understand my food a bit more!

Originally Posted by kcuviello View Post
    lift heavier, eat a little more. also your workouts (and diet, somewhat) should change often. if you eat the same and workout the same all the time, why would your body change? its just going to get used to that and maintain itself.
    Your body is lazy - it does the least amount possible. if you do bench monday and start with barbell x amount of reps, back tuesday start with pull up with x amount of reps, etc etc...your body will build up enough to just do that. You need to constantly throw different curve balls at it to make it grow - and fuel yourself properly/accordingly.
    Would you say my foods pretty much on the right track then? I just need to mix it up a bit? Sorry I know I'm asking to be spoonfed but I'm just so lost.
    I change my workouts every few months too, but I'll start doing it more often!!

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    eating about 1500 tells me your not tracking - so you don't know exactly how many calories your consuming.

As for a program following some beginner programs you will see recommended over and over is beneficial, let the professionals figure it out you just follow the layout. Each time you do it your aiming to get progressively better/stronger so more reps/higher weight, etc

Starting strength, new rules for lifting for women are a couple mentioned.

Go tot he nutritional sticky and figure out what you should be eating and macro breakdowns the decide what your goal is. If it is to lose weight then reduce your maintenance calories by 200 give or take, if you want to recomp you can stay at maintenance and work your arse off in the gym, bulk add 200 cals or so to maintenance.

Eat a variety of foods that you enjoy as most people deprive themselves of what they like and that is why they fail at their diets.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    eating about 1500 tells me your not tracking - so you don't know exactly how many calories your consuming.

As for a program following some beginner programs you will see recommended over and over is beneficial, let the professionals figure it out you just follow the layout. Each time you do it your aiming to get progressively better/stronger so more reps/higher weight, etc

Starting strength, new rules for lifting for women are a couple mentioned.

Go tot he nutritional sticky and figure out what you should be eating and macro breakdowns the decide what your goal is. If it is to lose weight then reduce your maintenance calories by 200 give or take, if you want to recomp you can stay at maintenance and work your arse off in the gym, bulk add 200 cals or so to maintenance.

Eat a variety of foods that you enjoy as most people deprive themselves of what they like and that is why they fail at their diets.
    Thank you