Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How would you guys rate this split? (not mine)

It's not mine but I might think of switching to something like it. How is this split and do you think you would have to be intermediate or advanced in weight training to be able to handle it and get the most from it? It goes:

Monday: Chest & Calves

* 4 sets of incline dumbbell press, 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of bench press, 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of incline flies, 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of chest dips until failure
    * 2 sets of standing calf raises until failure
    * 2 sets of donkey calf raises until failure

Tuesday: Legs

* 4 sets of squats 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of leg press
    * 3 sets of leg extensions
    * 3 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts suppersetted with leg curls

Wednesday: Biceps & Triceps

* 4 sets of chin-ups suppersetted with barbell curls
    * 3 sets of 21’s
    * 3 sets of close-grip bench press
    * 4 sets of pulldowns
    * 3 sets of skullcrushers

Thursday: Shoulders

* 4 sets of miliatary press suppersetted with lateral raises
    * 3 sets of upright rows
    * 3 sets of front raises
    * 3 sets of lying rear delt raises

Friday: Back

* 3 sets of wide grip chins until failure
    * 4 sets of deadlifts
    * 3 sets of bent over rows
    * 3 sets of T-bar rows
    Last edited by Couthos; 05-13-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    But that's just my opinion... Don't get all BUTTHURT if you don't like that opinion.

10/10 girlfriend crew

djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally don't like training 5 days in a row, also you're hitting your tri's pretty hard 3 times that week, doing shoulder's the day after tri's would not be good. My arms would be too sore and my shoulder's wouldn't get worked as hard as they could. I would prefer to do shoulder's and tri's and then pair back with Bi. Or do chest with shoulder's and then leave arms and the next day back as it is.
    Also, I would take out the flies on chest day.
    "I'd cut school to go to the gym, 'Oh I'll cut school, I gotta go to sleep, cus I gotta go to the gym tonight to squat, it's a leg day' you know, and if I gotta die tonight, if I gotta die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it. If I meet the end of the world tonight, I'm in the place that I wanna be, right here in the gym."
    -Kai Greene

Follow my blog: jdhouseofiron.blogspot.ca/

Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by djjohnnied View Post
    I personally don't like training 5 days in a row, also you're hitting your tri's pretty hard 3 times that week, doing shoulder's the day after tri's would not be good. My arms would be too sore and my shoulder's wouldn't get worked as hard as they could. I would prefer to do shoulder's and tri's and then pair back with Bi. Or do chest with shoulder's and then leave arms and the next day back as it is.
    Also, I would take out the flies on chest day.
    Thanks for the reply. Like I said it's not mine but I am thinking about it for the future. The guy who's this is has excellent success.

But as far as the shoulder comment. As it is right now I work shoulders with legs after my chest/tri day. And I feel like shoulders get one of my strongest workouts. (Could be because they are done after squats which give a testosterone boost? /broscience)
    But that's just my opinion... Don't get all BUTTHURT if you don't like that opinion.

10/10 girlfriend crew

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Couthos View Post
    How would you guys rate this split? (not mine)
    I wouldn't rate it very high. It's similar to many of the typical bodybuilder routines that I did in the past that did very little for me.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    I wouldn't rate it very high. It's similar to many of the typical bodybuilder routines that I did in the past that did very little for me.
    What would you change about it?

10/10 girlfriend crew

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    without knowing the person's training history, recovery ability, etc - it's hard to offer much advice, but here are my thoughts on what you have posted:

I would make thurs a rest day, as I like to have at least one rest day between shoulder and triceps workouts.

I also am not really a fan of supersetting as a regular part of one's routine. I do it sparingly and with opposing muscle groups, not with things like back and biceps or the same muscle group. All that really does for me is decrease the weight I can use. I know there are others who use it with success, but this is what I personally have noticed for me. YMMV.

There are better choices of biceps exercises than chins and pulldowns. Those should be primarily done for back. Consider hammer curls and/or preachers, spiders, etc in place. Do the vertical pulling on back day.

Also, consider adding shrugs of some sort. IME nothing builds the traps like heavy shrugs. Don't be afraid to strap up and do power shrugs from time to time either.
    Who was this love of yours?

VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Couthos View Post
    It's not mine but I might think of switching to something like it. How is this split and do you think you would have to be intermediate or advanced in weight training to be able to handle it and get the most from it? It goes:

Monday: Chest & Calves

* 4 sets of incline dumbbell press, 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of bench press, 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of incline flies, 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of chest dips until failure
    * 2 sets of standing calf raises until failure
    * 2 sets of donkey calf raises until failure

Tuesday: Legs

* 4 sets of squats 8-10 reps
    * 3 sets of leg press
    * 3 sets of leg extensions
    * 3 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts suppersetted with leg curls

Wednesday: Biceps & Triceps

* 4 sets of chin-ups suppersetted with barbell curls
    * 3 sets of 21’s
    * 3 sets of close-grip bench press
    * 4 sets of pulldowns
    * 3 sets of skullcrushers

Thursday: Shoulders

* 4 sets of miliatary press suppersetted with lateral raises
    * 3 sets of upright rows
    * 3 sets of front raises
    * 3 sets of lying rear delt raises

Friday: Back

* 3 sets of wide grip chins until failure
    * 4 sets of deadlifts
    * 3 sets of bent over rows
    * 3 sets of T-bar rows

Personally, I like to combine chest/triceps and back/biceps because most chest exercises work the triceps and most back exercises work the biceps. It allows me to really blast those body parts on those days without worrying about overtraining when I'm hitting another bodypart the next day. Some people like to do chest/back one days and biceps/triceps another day because theyre antagonistic muscles.

Whatever works for you!