Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Question mixing alcohol+food=fat gain??? (intelligent discussion)

first off i know alcohol is somewhat of a "grey area" in terms of bodybuilding/nutrition. as i understand it, consuming alcohol will cause your body to "put on hold" other processes such as digestion so that it can process the toxin (alcohol). Therefore if alcohol and food are consumed together would that mean that digestion would not occur/be delayed? and considering alcohol takes at least several hours to exit the body, wouldnt the food be inclined to be stored as fat since it cant be digested/partioned to the body?

it is for this reason that i avoid eating/drinking like the plague...but i see guys on here having beers with their dinner and it just makes me wonder

***NOTE: im not claiming any of the above is definitely true, its just what i know having gathered info from this forum and several others***
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

Registered Boss EntropyIncrease's Avatar
    EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124420481

post #2 should answer that for ya
    "Don't ask for a lighter load, ask for a stronger back."

If I buy milk from the grocery store and get it home only to realize that the jug is expiring tomorrow...I sure as hell am not driving to punch a farmer in the face and tip his cow over.

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EntropyIncrease View Post
    awesome, thanks for the link! so according to that carbs are converted to sugars then stored...as fat or glycogen? im sure im taking this issue way to seriously, but many times i'll go out the night of a workout day and will refuse to drink (even one light beer) because alcohol is basically the anti-muscle
    Trump 2016

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just usually view it as energy, so I alloted 200 calories for the beer, hit my calories for the day on the dot with beer included. Nothing to sweat about here.
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

Registered Boss EntropyIncrease's Avatar
    EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    awesome, thanks for the link! so according to that carbs are converted to sugars then stored...as fat or glycogen? im sure im taking this issue way to seriously, but many times i'll go out the night of a workout day and will refuse to drink (even one light beer) because alcohol is basically the anti-muscle
    Not uncommon to refusing drinking

I haven't drank for about 3 months . . . in my senior year of college =|

Hate those hangover workouts, piss me off man.
    "Don't ask for a lighter load, ask for a stronger back."

If I buy milk from the grocery store and get it home only to realize that the jug is expiring tomorrow...I sure as hell am not driving to punch a farmer in the face and tip his cow over.

Originally Posted by EntropyIncrease View Post
    Not uncommon to refusing drinking

I haven't drank for about 3 months . . . in my senior year of college =|

Hate those hangover workouts, piss me off man.
    i feel ya man, ive learned to go out to and have a blast without drinking (revolutionary i know ) haha
    Trump 2016

Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    I'm not at all an expert about alcohol metabolism, but judging by your train of thought that would mean that the real danger is in drinking alcohol immediately post-workout or something. If you're just hanging out with your friends on an off day, and you drink, I doubt it's going to matter if the carbs you're eating are processed right then and there or in a few hours.

But if you're lifting heavy and you come home and your PWO meal consists of carbs + protein + some fat + a lot of alcohol, I would expect that it might cause an issue, since it would start to become the same thing as just delaying your PWO meal for a long time.

Just a half-assed theory though. Confounding variables that might make this not work are
    - How long does it really take for the alcohol to metabolize? Does it really make a difference?
    - Even if so, is it the same type of thing as eating high-GI vs low-GI carbs post-workout? Where it doesn't really matter unless you're an athletes training to glycogen depletion 2x+ per day?
    - Even if so if so, how significant is this difference? Does it really matter?

etc.
    thanks for the detailed response brah. off day today and coincidentally the last day of classes since im cutting, just going to keep the protein high and consume as little carbs/fat as possible to try to incorporate as much of the alc calories as possible. vodka+diet only thgouh
    Trump 2016

bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbejj123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    check this out, it doesnt really touch much on alcohol but it may help you understand the concepts a little better, it helped me

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html
    Health and Fitness Director, NBC Universal, Gaims Fitness Company
    Kinesiology Major, Option: Exercise Science