dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000)

Lowerback recovery... squat/deadlift issues...

I train pretty hard, and I recently got my squat to 345x3 and deadlift to ~435x3...

I realized that when I go heavy on squats one week, that same week I cannot DL heavy and visa versa.

For the longest time I was going supremo heavy on deadlifts and squats were lagging. Then finals and test hit me and I spread my routines out even missing squats one week altogether and missing deadlifts another week. Came back and hit PR for squats, then DL sucked... This has happened before!

I am not sure but is it a weak lower back or a lack of recovery? I do not do any other assistance exercises for lower back. Strictly deadlifts, and squats, and I may do romanian one week if my DLs cant go heavy.

What are your opinions. Will rep all good replies! I need advice from experienced lifters!
    "The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
    -Henry Rollins

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would suggest you figure out a way to train them both hard.

Tons of other people can do it.
    Why don't you just train them both on the same day?
    In competition you pull after you squat anyways
    771/645/622 Single Ply

bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigrig5656 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you foam roll? That has helped me a ton with lower back soreness from DLing and squatting. I've also noticed that my abs are a lot weaker than my lower back and strengthening then has helped ease my back pain a bit.
    Isaku: i got excited that you were shaped like a refrigerator

dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    I would suggest you figure out a way to train them both hard.

Tons of other people can do it.
    Why don't you just train them both on the same day?
    In competition you pull after you squat anyways
    this

if you can't do both then there is a problem maybe more mentally than anything, you CAN do both, work at it, believe it, for awhile one or both might suck, your body will adapt though

Registered User eXpiRaTioN_DaTe's Avatar
    eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    my lower back does take a really long time to recover 100%, i can feel a definite difference in my strength out of the hole after 2-3 days rest vs say a week. all my big squat PRs were done after taking 7-9 days off of squatting and coming back with my lower back fully recovered.

having said that, i dont think people give the human body's recovery and adaptation abilities the credit they deserve. unless youre a really advanced lifter, i dont see why you shouldnt be able to pull and squat heavy every week. it make take a little time to get used to and might be painful, but after a few weeks youll be walking around with a concrete pillar of a lower back.

dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000) dBiglift13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I definitely have the mental ability. I did rippetoes for 3 months and i pushed myself to the max! I still do push myself to the max! Its just that if my squat is heavy one week, my deadlift is significantly weaker than it should be with me really giving it my all.

The foam roller sounds great actually, can you link me?

And you guys really suggest I squat and DL in the same day every week?
    "The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
    -Henry Rollins

dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by milanboneta View Post
    I definitely have the mental ability. I did rippetoes for 3 months and i pushed myself to the max! I still do push myself to the max! Its just that if my squat is heavy one week, my deadlift is significantly weaker than it should be with me really giving it my all.

The foam roller sounds great actually, can you link me?

And you guys really suggest I squat and DL in the same day every week?
    then you need to keep pushing, your lifts will catch back up....

I pull 3 times a week, and a few months ago I started squatting daily, for several weeks my deadlifts went down but after awhile they came back up. It will take time to adapt but it will

if you don't think things like this are possible read this thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122395951

sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's your squat form like? If you aren't doing good squats, ie. good morning form, then you might be working the back too much on squat day because of a different reason like bad form or weak legs that the back is having to compensate for.
    "Rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. " 1 Timothy 4:7-8

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try doing this

one week do heavy SQ/light DL, then the next week do light SQ/heavy DL.
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

Originally Posted by sirwazzles View Post
    What's your squat form like? If you aren't doing good squats, ie. good morning form, then you might be working the back too much on squat day because of a different reason like bad form or weak legs that the back is having to compensate for.
    squat form is good, i regained my old form that i lost. I sit back on the heels, and at the bottom of the movement(when i break parallel) my knees go just to my toes. And as I lower, my back planks down (like a good morning on the lower part of the lift just like the from of SS. And I utilize hipdrive.
    -Henry Rollins

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)

Here you go.

Read this thread and realize that your body is capable of things that are lightyears beyond what you think it can handle
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post

Here you go.

Read this thread and realize that your body is capable of things that are lightyears beyond what you think it can handle
    Yea i was just watching that. Thats great! I guess it also has to do with the schedule I have at school now and the diet/nutrition we have here. This summer I am training super heavy! Strongman style... atlas stones, concrete buckets, farmer walks, hill sprints and more stuff... Really looking forward to it.

You have all been a big help, better than some other forums within bb.com ahaah

Also think i gotta get new shoes... I wear chucks right now, might step up my lifting shoe game.
    -Henry Rollins

sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000)
    squat form is good, i regained my old form that i lost. I sit back on the heels, and at the bottom of the movement(when i break parallel) my knees go just to my toes. And as I lower, my back planks down (like a good morning on the lower part of the lift just like the from of SS. And I utilize hipdrive.
    Alright then. If nothing else works, then try a new squat form. From your description, I imagine you use a wide stance. Which yes, does put more emphasis on the posterior chain. If after trying everything else and nothing works, fiddle with squat form until you find what works best, feels most natural. That could potentially help some.
    "Rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. " 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Originally Posted by sirwazzles View Post
    Alright then. If nothing else works, then try a new squat form. From your description, I imagine you use a wide stance. Which yes, does put more emphasis on the posterior chain. If after trying everything else and nothing works, fiddle with squat form until you find what works best, feels most natural. That could potentially help some.
    How wide is too wide in my case? I keep my heels 20 inches apart ( measured from the insides) this is just slightly wider than shoulder width.
    -Henry Rollins

How wide is too wide in my case? I keep my heels 20 inches apart ( measured from the insides) this is just slightly wider than shoulder width.
    That's not too wide. In fact, that's closer in than I squat. Not everyone is made the same. I'd say fiddle with your form until it feels like you've found the right spot. Don't feel like you have to squat the same as a video or as some routine tells you too. Take it with a grain of salt. Why don't you post a video of your squat and deadlift form? We're all trying to give advice when for all we know it might be a form thing. Or maybe not. But this is the internet, the more info you give us the better advice we can give.

Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone try that routine from the other thread from an interview with Broz?? Wondering how the results were. In that Q and A someone asks if a template for powerlifting which was 6 days a week looked good and the Answer was that it was solid so I was wondering if anyone tried that one in particular or what you did do if you did it at all.
    6'1'' about 230 pounds

March 2009 stats------------March 2010 stats
    Bench 185x4-----------------Bench 250x2
    Front Squat 165x5------------Front Squat 235x3
    Deadlift 365x1----------------Deadlift 465x1