HardGainer86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating too often?

I have been lifting for a little over 2 years now. As you can see by my name, I am a hardgainer. I started at about 130 and am currently almost 180. I seemed to have hit a wall in how much I am gaining (been between 175 and 180 since November). My diet is in check with the exception of a few cheat meals/sodas. I take in about 4000 cals a day on weekdays and 2500-3000 on weekends (it is harder for me to eat when I am not on a schedule. I lift two days on, one day off. I do all of the compound lifts (deads, bench, squats, rows etc.). My strength is increasing slowly. My protein intake is high with around 200g/day. My meals are only spaced out about 2-2.5 hours though. I also just ran a bottle of ActX for four weeks, with no weight gain. My other supplements are white flood, a cheap multi and cheap creatine. I do appear a little leaner. Is there anything else you guys would suggest? Do i need to add more calories? Am I eating TOO often?

EDIT:: Oh, by the way, I do little to no cardio and I sit at a desk all day.

Sorry for the noob thread, I just want some opinions.

PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you train on the weekends at all?

Either way I would focus on keeping my calorie count up then as well.
    Train hard, Train early, Eat like a beast.....Become a Beast! in short....act as if!

I rep back

Owe:
    Snorkelman
    PBateman2

totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Congrads on the gains.

No such thing as eating too often! :P
    If you aren't gaining weight, maybe you should just up your calories.

How often you change your routine?

is on that pizza diet bodydropcris's Avatar
    bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    up your calories on the weekends.. eat more junk food, why to kids who have a hard time puttin on weight not eat good?

HardGainer86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do train on the weekends if one of my workout days falls on the weekend. The noob gains were awesome. I like my physique, it is just not big enough. I can pretty much eat anything and hardly put on any fat. I am going to continue upping my calories, I guess. I eat the same thing every day, almost every meal is the same. I have swapped out chicken for steak as one of my meals, so we will see how that works out. I will have to try adding more olive oil as well. I usually just take it straight a couple teaspoons at a time.

PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer86 View Post
    I do train on the weekends if one of my workout days falls on the weekend. The noob gains were awesome. I like my physique, it is just not big enough. I can pretty much eat anything and hardly put on any fat. I am going to continue upping my calories, I guess. I eat the same thing every day, almost every meal is the same. I have swapped out chicken for steak as one of my meals, so we will see how that works out. I will have to try adding more olive oil as well. I usually just take it straight a couple teaspoons at a time.
    Sounds like a plan bro. Keep eating the clean foods, just get more of them in.

Good Luck
    Train hard, Train early, Eat like a beast.....Become a Beast! in short....act as if!

I rep back

Owe:
    Snorkelman
    PBateman2

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by totse View Post
    No such thing as eating too often! :P
    I have to say I disagree with this in general. Eating too often is one of the reasons why people are getting fatter and fatter the world over.

BUT in this case, in order to be bigger than normal you have to eat bigger than normal. With that said, you seem to be doing well with what you're doing.

Eating every 2-2.5 hours made me feel way too full and slow all the time, as well as feeling like I was dependent on food all the time which is why I like fewer meals that are bigger. Right now it's usually 4 (breakfast, lunch, pre-w/o, dinner - biggest meal).

But all in all if you're gaining keep doing it!
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC