bigsmasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating Carbs every 3rd or 4th day

I've been on a zero carb diet since January, basically chicken and green veggies (1500-1700 cals a day) and sometimes I'll have dextrose after a workout. I've been stuck at 187 lbs for the last month so I for sure doing something wrong. I usually do a carb load on sat and usually on sunday my muscles look so much bigger.

I feel like my metabolism has slowed down a lot from eating just lean meat and green veggies. I know a lot of people have carb up days once a week when they're on a low carb diet, but since Im on a zero carb diet should I do a carb day every 3 or 4 days? On those days I would have over 150-200 grams of carbs (2200 calories) I feel like my metabolism has become really slow due to the lack of carbs so I havent been loosing fat.

Does this make any sense?

kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigsmasher View Post
    I've been on a zero carb diet since January, basically chicken and green veggies (1500-1700 cals a day) and sometimes I'll have dextrose after a workout. I've been stuck at 187 lbs for the last month so I for sure doing something wrong. I usually do a carb load on sat and usually on sunday my muscles look so much bigger.

I feel like my metabolism has slowed down a lot from eating just lean meat and green veggies. I know a lot of people have carb up days once a week when they're on a low carb diet, but since Im on a zero carb diet should I do a carb day every 3 or 4 days? On those days I would have over 150-200 grams of carbs (2200 calories) I feel like my metabolism has become really slow due to the lack of carbs so I havent been loosing fat.

Does this make any sense?
    Why did you go zero carb? Try doing a 40/40/20 at the same amount of calories for 2 weeks.. if you're losing weight continue. If not add cardio. If you're already doing cardio, lower calories.

kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are eating only lean meat you are doing the low carb approach completely wrong. On a low carb diet you have to increase your fat intake to make up for the lack of carbs. Invest in a book like the Ketogenic Diet (find my review on my website) to learn the proper way to do this.

bigsmasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kiddink View Post
    Why did you go zero carb? Try doing a 40/40/20 at the same amount of calories for 2 weeks.. if you're losing weight continue. If not add cardio. If you're already doing cardio, lower calories.
    I thought with this approach I would loose more fat, Im trying to loose 6 pounds by the end of this month and I feel like the 40/40/20 approach will allow me to loose weight but not as fast. Am I wrong?

kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigsmasher View Post
    I thought with this approach I would loose more fat, Im trying to loose 6 pounds by the end of this month and I feel like the 40/40/20 approach will allow me to loose weight but not as fast. Am I wrong?
    Low carbs = quick drop in water weight. Then after that, you lose the same as if you were on a 40/40/20 and in a deficit of calories. (Some keto-crazies will say otherwise)

What you're doing is sort of like a keto diet, but with no carb ups...so basically the atkins diet... I recommend you look up "keto diet" around the forums, and read up on that.

I'm not very familiar with all aspects of keto but I know 100% what you're doing isn't correct. You're on a high protein low carb low fat diet...

sadice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sadice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sadice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sadice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sadice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sadice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah keto is 65% fat 30% prot and 5% carbs .... That way body uses fat for energy, in ur case it probably uses hard earned muscle...
    “Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up”

75 lb lost club!!!