varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Leg exercises with no weights?

Can I keep up with my leg workouts doing mostly calisthenics? Just curious because no gym for a couple months (money). I'm going to run outdoors even though my area isn't the greatest and the only weights I have in my apartment are... an old school adjustable dumbbell where the bar + little secure things weigh about 5 lbs, and it fits mini plates... I have two dumbbell bars, two 10 lb plates, two 2.5 lb plates.
    So one dumbbell at a time that gives me 30 lbs or 25 lbs or 10 lbs or 5 lbs. Not too shabby but I'm concerned about LEGS.
    This is my leg workout at the gym: Walking lunges using 20# db's, squats (110#), deadlifts (90#), ham curls (30#), calf raises (about 70#)

Help!!

onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lunges - use plates
    jump ups
    squats - bar and or plates
    one legged squats

use the bar for overhead squats... high reps.. little breaks...

Originally Posted by varukers View Post
    Can I keep up with my leg workouts doing mostly calisthenics? Just curious because no gym for a couple months (money). I'm going to run outdoors even though my area isn't the greatest and the only weights I have in my apartment are... an old school adjustable dumbbell where the bar + little secure things weigh about 5 lbs, and it fits mini plates... I have two dumbbell bars, two 10 lb plates, two 2.5 lb plates.
    So one dumbbell at a time that gives me 30 lbs or 25 lbs or 10 lbs or 5 lbs. Not too shabby but I'm concerned about LEGS.
    This is my leg workout at the gym: Walking lunges using 20# db's, squats (110#), deadlifts (90#), ham curls (30#), calf raises (about 70#)

Help!!
    Donna
    "be true to yourself and your goals, set them at a level you can reach"

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some of my favorite 'traveling with no gym' moves below. I'd also recommend sprinting - I find that it really tears up the legs and actually builds muscle as well.

1. Jump Squat
    (Good to warm up with)

2. 1-Legged Door Squats (front, side) - wearing weighted bag for more resistance if needed. Or without a door if you do not fall on your face like me You’ll probably won’t come across anything safe to hold that weighs enough to do any decent squats, so I think the only squatting option without a gym is this unilateral stuff. For the bag, a heavy burlap or canvas sack is awesome, put a towel in first for padding and then fill it up with however much weight you need. If you don't have enough weight, you can put rocks, gallons of water, anything heavy and non-breakable. If you can get it heavy enough you can probably also do some bulgarian split squats and things holding the backpack or bag in front.

Also, squatting against a wall, holding weights, with a stability ball behind your back - I have no idea why this is so hard, but it is. So if you have a stability ball, that too.

3. Glute/ Ham Raises

4. Hamstring Curl
    You'll need either an Office chair with Wheels OR Regular Chair with foam roller OR Stability Ball
    If you are using a regular chair, place a foam roller on it. Lie on your back, put your calves up on the ball, chair or roller and raise your hips. Bend at the knee to pull the roller or chair closer to you with your feet. Squeeze your hamstrings, then push back out. To raise tension, lift your hips higher, or work on one leg at a time.

If you do not have a wheeled chair or foam roller, any cylinder object will do (can of hairspray, etc). Just do one leg at a time if you have a small cylinder to work with.

5. Leg extension
    You'll need an Armchair (or chair and ACE bandage) and a burlap sack with weights

If you have an armchair: Sit sideways in the chair, so your legs hand over the arm, and loop the burlap sack over one foot. This should hopefully give you enough clearance to do your extension without the bag hitting the ground. If not, do this:

If you have a regular chair: This is a bit of a commitment, but if you’re desperate… Take your filled burlap sack and secure it to your shin with an ACE bandage. Flex your foot up to anchor it in place. I have found the quickest way to do this is to wrap it around, and hold each end in each hand, squeezing to secure the bag as you extend your legs.

Unfortunately the ceiling in my gym is pretty low so I have never really done a decent step-up but I hear people like them?

Hope that helps

jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow- these are some amazing ideas for a home workout!!
    Mom to four and always getting stronger!

genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) genia824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since injuring my back, I've incorporated 50 FAST DEEP squats with no weight! Do that for 3-5 sets...OUCH!!!