Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)

How is degree vs trades even a debate? Srs..

I thought misc was joking about this for the longest time but I guess a lot of you kids are serious..

How could you possibly consider doing a trade over a degree (obv not liberal arts bs, but a true in demand degree)??

I've worked in the trades myself (and come from a family of tradesman), and this is the reality of trades:

-filled with alcoholics, drug addicts, or generally low class people
    -dirty, physically demanding, and often times dangerous work
    - while it pays decent, most tradesman top out in the 80-100k range at their peak (inb4 "herp derp start your own business" 99.9% of tradesman aren't able to do this)
    - ruined joints/ body by age 40-50.
    - looked down in by the majority of society as uneducated and inferior

I cannot fathom why anyone (if they're able) would choose trades over engineering,medicine, etc.

Brb by age 30 making more than most tradesman will at their peak, without endangering yourself. Brb coming home every night refreshed and ready to lift, go out, live life etc. Not nursing a sore back/knees popping painkillers like no tmorrow

I'm so glad I went back to school. There's nothing more sad than seeing some of the trades guys I know trying to make a living doing physical work in their 50-60's. They're broken physically and mentally
    Last edited by JRJester; 04-18-2016 at 05:38 PM.

BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a stem degree and I know plenty of tradies making over 250k a year with 6-8 months of course work and a few years of experience. Many of these tradesmen have little to no school debt although they do enjoy buying a brand new truck/sports care every few years.

Many of my university educated friends are under employed and /or underpaid. If I could go back and do it over id become an electrician in a heart beat.

dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dayrone150 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by JRJester View Post
    I thought misc was joking about this for the longest time but I guess a lot of you kids are serious..

How could you possibly consider doing a trade over a degree (obv not liberal arts bs, but a true in demand degree)??

I've worked in the trades myself (and come from a family of tradesman), and this is the reality of trades:

-filled with alcoholics, drug addicts, or generally low class people
    -dirty, physically demanding, and often times dangerous work
    - while it pays decent, most tradesman top out in the 80-100k range at their peak (inb4 "herp derp start your own business" 99.9% of tradesman aren't able to do this)
    - ruined joints body by age 40-50.
    - looked down in by the majority of society as uneducated and inferior

I cannot fathom why anyone (if they're able) would choose trades over engineering,medicine, etc.

Brb by age 30 making more than most tradesman will at their peak, without endangering yourself. Brb coming home every night refreshed and ready to lift, go out, live life etc. Not nursing a sore back/knees popping painkillers like no tmorrow

I'm so glad I went back to school. There's nothing more sad than seeing some of the trades guys I know trying to make a living doing physical work in their 50-60's. They're broken physically and mentally
    Because degree schools aren't right for some people. Some do better in trade school. Maybe they can't handle the studying, writing, and work.

Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What are you studying OP?

I don't have anything against trades but I cringe when I tell people I'm in college and they respond "why not just do trades?"
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)
    ASOT Crew

BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    repost, post in the other topic on the first page.
    Keep rep trading out of your sig line miss

Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    electrician here. i've done both white collar and blue collar, and prefer my job over sitting in a cubicle. but to each their own

there are definitely some scummy people in the non-skilled trades (painting, demo, etc.) but skilled tradesmen can make good money.

and why the fuk have there been so many threads on this lately lol
    There and back again twice, a deep red's tale.

hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    90% of the bartenders, baristas, and retail workers have bachelors degree.
    No Glow, No Go Crew

*Cries about negs* Crew

CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It depends on the trade and it depends on the degree. You can't make sweeping generalizations about it.

JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BillBillson View Post
    I have a stem degree and I know plenty of tradies making over 250k a year with 6-8 months of course work and a few years of experience. Many of these tradesmen have little to no school debt although they do enjoy buying a brand new truck/sports care every few years.

Many of my university educated friends are under employed and /or underpaid. If I could go back and do it over id become an electrician in a heart beat.
    lol this is not even close to the norm. Not even close. Most tradesmen (90%) make in the 80-120k, with a few guys making the amounts you mentioned. Usually they are very specialized or run their own operation. This is also very dependent on area.

The money is liveable yes, but why would anyone settle for that when they could ACTUALLY be making 250k + a year doing something that doesn't put them in danger and is respected by society?

johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've done both trades and professional work, they both have advantages and disadvantages. To say one is better than the other means you are misinformed/inexperienced to comment.

I'm lucky in that if get sick of one I can go do the other.
    Resting BPM: 60 - (Never does cardio)
    Average TDEE: 4500 kCals
    Salary: was $83000 now $48000

Treat your body like a business, 2016

Another thing to add to my OP, trades work can be cyclical as ****. BRB half my province unemployed because of slump in oil prices. Gotta move to follow the work etc. meanwhile I can do most of my work from HOME.

Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CrookedDink View Post
    It depends on the trade and it depends on the degree. You can't make sweeping generalizations about it.
    This is true.

I'd rather have a PHD in medicine than be a construction worker, but I'd also rather be an electrician than have a degree in liberal arts
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)
    ASOT Crew

Originally Posted by johnnytoogood View Post
    I've done both trades and professional work, they both have advantages and disadvantages. To say one is better than the other means you are misinformed/inexperienced to comment.

I'm lucky in that if get sick of one I can go do the other.
    Please list some actual advantages of trades over degree (legit degree)

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dayrone150 View Post
    Because degree schools aren't right for some people. Some do better in trade school. Maybe they can't handle the studying, writing, and work.
    ^ This sums it up.

I'm 48 and still work my a$$ of out there. I just wasn't school material.... it is what it is.

My 15 year old son is learning my trade but he is extremely smart and will end up in college. If all else fails he can always make money doing what I teach him.

BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillBillson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol this is not even close to the norm. Not even close. Most tradesmen (90%) make in the 80-120k, with a few guys making the amounts you mentioned. Usually they are very specialized or run their own operation. This is also very dependent on area.

The money is liveable yes, but why would anyone settle for that when they could ACTUALLY be making 250k + a year doing something that doesn't put them in danger and is respected by society?

Please inform how you can make 250+ a year without having to put in 8 years of school and have several hundred K in debt.

inb4 ceo/10k a day

Originally Posted by JimmyJonny View Post
    ^ This sums it up.

I'm 48 and still work my a$$ of out there. I just wasn't school material.... it is what it is.

My 15 year old son is learning my trade but he is extremely smart and will end up in college. If all else fails he can always make money doing what I teach him.
    in my OP I said if given a choice. As in they could do well in both. If you suck at school and hate it I can understand not wanting to pursue a degree and then do a trade. But in general, I just don't think trades have any benefits at all over a decent employable degree in the long term

Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pipewelder - 300k a year with a year experience, retire by 30.. why is this a debate?
    PR's:
    DL 355
    SQ 275
    BP 195

Registered Snapchat King squeak419's Avatar
    squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Most tradesmen make $60-70k in Aus... Some make $80-100k with overtime. Others do very well making $150k in the mines (this just won't last though).

I've done both, I prefer the 'office life' personally. But each to their own... Had a mate who was a freak in school, legit think he could have run a country (semi-srs). He dropped out at the end of grade 10 to be a gardener... Catch up with him from time to time and he is the happiest guy getting around.

Life ain't all about money bro. No point earning $250k in sitting in an office all day when you could be outside doing something you enjoy for $60k.

PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000) PastorGaines is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know, I troll about this a lot but anybody that demeans somebody else because of what they do for a living is piece of chit (srs). Blows my mind that anybody could call tradespeople scum when half you kunts couldn't hammer in a nail if your lives depended on it.
    "Suicide carried off many. Drink and the devil took care of the rest."

BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stafor View Post
    Pipewelder - 300k a year with a year experience, retire by 30.. why is this a debate?
    fuacking lmao. did you pull that off one of those sites that tells you about jobs?
    Keep rep trading out of your sig line miss

The amount of trades guys I've met (or even heard of) making that kind of money numbers in the single digits. I did know a welding inspector who made close to 300k/year though, but obviously this guy is 1 in a million.

bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by batspoof View Post
    People who seriously think trades > university education are just coping.

I worked with tradesman during school holidays from the age of 15-17 and I can confirm everything OP is saying. Most of them are low class scum, alcoholics, potheads, high school dropouts, with a lack of intelligence and inadequate people skills (especially true for construction trades like bricklaying, paving, roof-tiling etc, and demolition workers). They are basically the lowest level of society, aside from the chronically unemployed.
    Bs. I work all times with classy people, and fit people. In hardcore pro world there is not drug addicts and such. Look at as like profesionall soccer players.

SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Please go with your inflated salary claims. I doubt you know "plenty" of tradies making over 250k. Stop talking out of your ass.

Originally Posted by PastorGaines View Post
    You know, I troll about this a lot but anybody that demeans somebody else because of what they do for a living is piece of chit (srs). Blows my mind that anybody could call tradespeople scum when half you kunts couldn't hammer in a nail if your lives depended on it.
    I don't think theyre scum (lots of my family and friends are in the trades), I just don't get why anyone would choose to do a trade unless they had no other options. Advice from 99% of tradesmen when I was growing up "stay in school". lol srs. Too bad I didn't listen right away and instead wasted a few years doing trades work

jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jakobi78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Please inform how you can make 250+ a year without having to put in 8 years of school and have several hundred K in debt.

inb4 ceo/10k a day
    self employed with the right connections....easily....

those guys driving the bulldozers easily make $100+ a hr

SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're lying and a moron.

litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im a tradesman, been in it since 17. im 25. fully licensed plumber started working on my own two years ago. first year i started halfway through the year made $50k. (plus hourly wages from before i got my license. second year of being licensed made $100k working 9 months out of the year(family medical emergencies made me take alot of time off) this year based on the look of it im gonna make $200 - $240k. and i take days off when i feel and work a little harder during my other days on to compensate.

different mindsets work for different people. your degree is prestigious in its frame on the wall, but so is my certification papers. you have to work set hours where ever you are, i can work when ever i want and take days off on impulse. you have a cap on pay unless you get a promotion, i chose how much money i want to make. i can get a side job and make $5k profit IN CASH in a day is that even a fathomable option in your field? i get paid to stay fit and be active. the tradesmen you speak of whom are drug addicts/alcoholics/ low class people are the smaller percentile of the industry that you get highlighted by your teachers so they can gaurentee you go to uni and keep spending money on an education. brb making $390k in the 5 years it takes me to get my certification while youve paid how much for an education with some books that will be outdated by the time the next class schedule is made.

perspective is key, and it all stems from the ones who taught you to look in that direction.

im not bashing education, god knows i hate stupid people. but its best to fully educate yourself before you broadcast a very strong opinion not knowing a fraction of what your speaking on.

Originally Posted by bbsitum View Post
    Bs. I work all times with classy people, and fit people. In hardcore pro world there is not drug addicts and such. Look at as like profesionall soccer players.
    This, many of the larger set ups require regular drug testing and alcohol is prohibited. There are a lot of *******s in this thread with art degrees who are having problem coping with someone who did a year in college and is now making north of 200+ driving a brand new corvette while these *******s struggle to pay their student loans.

Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stafor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BrahPlease View Post
    fuacking lmao. did you pull that off one of those sites that tells you about jobs?
    The amount of trades guys I've met (or even heard of) making that kind of money numbers in the single digits. I did know a welding inspector who made close to 300k/year though, but obviously this guy is 1 in a million.
    Originally Posted by SystemTrend View Post
    You're lying and a moron.
    I live in ND.. Boom is slow but there's still people working, $75 an hour, $150 a day per diem, $17 an hour rig pay, it adds up pretty quick. Don't hate on something you don't see firsthand everyday. It was definitely easier a year or 2 ago to get into, but it does still exist.
    PR's:
    DL 355
    SQ 275
    BP 195

Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chrysippus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a debate purely because tradesmen feel the need to defend themselves.
    No Negs Crew

I do not neg other posters. If I would deem your post a poor one, you have already punished yourself by writing it.