LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Recommend Good Focus/Energy/Study/PEA Supp?

So even though it was discontinued a long time ago BB.com only just ran out of their stock of Designer Supplements Adrenalean. I've been taking it forever and always loved it. It's the perfect mix of energy and focus and the ingredients are dosed perfectly.

Knowing that it was eventually going to run out I've tried several other options: Focus XT, Velocity XT, Yellow Thunder, Phenadrine, Slim Xtreme, Oxy Elite Pro, Driven Sports' version of Adrenlean and taking just straight PEA and Piractam.

Focus and Velocity XT both had too much caffeine in them. Yellow Thunder did nothing. Slim Xtreme was insane, check out my hilarious crack fueled review here. We all know how that story ends. Driven Sports' Adrenlean wasn't as smooth energy wise and I didn't feel the PEA like in the old version. Straight PEA obviously didn't have the necessary kick and I felt nothing on Piractam. I'm taking Oxy Elite Pro now and it isn't bad as far as an energy, appetite suppressant, and thermogenic (makes me sweat profusely even just sitting around the house) but there's no nootropic element. Phenadrine was probably the closest to the same feeling I had on the old Adrenalean but that's discontinued as well.

So I'm looking for some suggestions for Focus/Energy supplements, maybe something new, preferably (but not mandatory) stuff with PEA in it since I seem to respond really well to that and next to caffeine it's the ingredient that I can "feel working" the most.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS. If anyone has any suggestions where else I might find the Designer Supplements Adrenlean feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by LeonardSix; 05-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.

LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmm, bump. Don't worry too much about reading my ramblings above. I'm just looking for some good energy/focus supp suggestions. I'd be interested in checking out anything really.

Trae's Sisters Boy Toy! _NimbusTim_'s Avatar
    _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by LeonardSix View Post
    So even though it was discontinued a long time ago BB.com only just ran out of their stock of Designer Supplements Adrenalean. I've been taking it forever and always loved it. It's the perfect mix of energy and focus and the ingredients are dosed perfectly.

Knowing that it was eventually going to run out I've tried several other options: Focus XT, Velocity XT, Yellow Thunder, Phenadrine, Slim Xtreme, Oxy Elite Pro, Driven Sports' version of Adrenlean and taking just straight PEA and Piractam.

Focus and Velocity XT both had too much caffeine in them. Yellow Thunder did nothing. Slim Xtreme was insane, check out my hilarious crack fueled review here. We all know how that story ends. Driven Sports' Adrenlean wasn't as smooth energy wise and I didn't feel the PEA like in the old version. Straight PEA obviously didn't have the necessary kick and I felt nothing on Piractam. I'm taking Oxy Elite Pro now and it isn't bad as far as an energy, appetite suppressant, and thermogenic (makes me sweat profusely even just sitting around the house) but there's no nootropic element. Phenadrine was probably the closest to the same feeling I had on the old Adrenalean but that's discontinued as well.

So I'm looking for some suggestions for Focus/Energy supplements, maybe something new, preferably (but not mandatory) stuff with PEA in it since I seem to respond really well to that and next to caffeine it's the ingredient that I can "feel working" the most.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS. If anyone has any suggestions where else I might find the Designer Supplements Adrenlean feel free to PM me.

Nimbus Nutritions HARMONY.

Don't take my word for it.......read the reviews:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...Harmony+review

This is a Non Proprietary formula that absolutely delivers.

A full bottle or 7 day trial can be purchased on BB.COM.

legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmm, bump. Don't worry too much about reading my ramblings above. I'm just looking for some good energy/focus supp suggestions. I'd be interested in checking out anything really.
    Give Applied Nutriceuticals Black Cats a look...been getting rave reviews. I tried a few samples just over the weekend and I'm pretty impressed with the good energy.
    Bioforge/T-Bol log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121468331
    Bioforge + T-Bol log: The Workouts: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121576191

Current Stash: begin the cut for summer!
    Muscle Gauge pure isolate (cake batter)
    LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein (vanilla)
    Ultima
    ON Opti-Men
    Scivation Xtend (blue raspberry)
    Gaspari Size On Pre-contest
    Intrabolic (blue raz)
    Myofusion (Choco PB and Stawberries N Cream)
    EC stack + Lean Xtreme
    Bioforge + Drive

longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

MAN Swagger
    Last edited by longhorns_p; 05-24-2010 at 10:21 AM.

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you tried the new Adrenalean? It is better than the old one IMO.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by legenbass25 View Post
    Give Applied Nutriceuticals Black Cats a look...been getting rave reviews. I tried a few samples just over the weekend and I'm pretty impressed with the good energy.
    put me right to sleep...however, I'm a non or negative responder to geranium..so my results aren't typical I guess. Same thigns happens with "jack3eE8d" and other geranium products
    "The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearth-stone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." A.Lincoln 3/4/1861

WAR DAMN EAGLE! '10 National Champs

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Black Cats worked very well for me
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

_NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

HARMONY

Central Nervous System Recovery
    Mood Enhancer
    Calm Euphoric effect
    Acute sense of awareness
    More Clear, alert feelings
    Improved concentration
    Improved overall wellbeing
    Safe and effective

Non Proprietary Formula

Taurine 800 mg
    Glucoronalactone 500 mg
    Tyrosine 500 mg
    Tryptophan 500 mg
    Valine 500 mg
    Ginko Biloba 200 mg
    Caffeine 40 mg
    Niacin 40 mg
    Methylcobalamin 2000 mcg

Backed with a 100% Guarantee

legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by longhorns_p View Post
    MAN Swagger
    Yes, another good one here!
    Bioforge/T-Bol log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121468331
    Bioforge + T-Bol log: The Workouts: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121576191

Current Stash: begin the cut for summer!
    Muscle Gauge pure isolate (cake batter)
    LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein (vanilla)
    Ultima
    ON Opti-Men
    Scivation Xtend (blue raspberry)
    Gaspari Size On Pre-contest
    Intrabolic (blue raz)
    Myofusion (Choco PB and Stawberries N Cream)
    EC stack + Lean Xtreme
    Bioforge + Drive

ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Daily energy support eh? I won't include fat burners then since its just for the energy...

With Stims:
    -LG Sciences E-911 (sublingal dissolving tabs for near immediate energy)
    -Black Cats is an awesome choice, stim heavy so don't take two at first!

Without Stims:
    -AMS Lucidrol is incredible

Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Intellectural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My first pick would be adrenalean- used it to study last semester and for exams, landed me in the top 25% of the class (law school). Needless to say, I'll be continuing to use it during the next 2 months of bar study.

Pseudo-Intellectual lovehasrisen's Avatar
    lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by legenbass25 View Post
    Originally Posted by cpursx View Post
    Black Cats worked very well for me
    ^^

Black cats was pretty great.. I still have to write a review on this product.. but like they said.. does provide good/Clean energy.. no crash/jitters..
    Doctorate in Brotology

Originally Posted by _NimbusTim_ View Post
    Nimbus Nutritions HARMONY.

A full bottle or 7 day trial can be purchased on BB.COM.
    It's funny you mentioned this since it's one of things I had waiting in my cart to include in my next order.

I'm also gonna add Black Cats, Swagger, E-911, Lucidrol and I'm gonna give the Driven Sports version of Adrenalean another shot. One quick question, though, is there anything here that wouldn't be ok for an older woman? I gave my mom some Adrenalean a while back and she's been bugging me for a replacement. I always print out the ingredient profiles of anything I give her so she can show them to her doctor first, since she takes thyroid medication. But I was always under the impression that most doctors don't know jack about supplements so I thought I'd ask some of the company reps here or the forum supp experts.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions so far.

It's funny you mentioned this since it's one of things I had waiting in my cart to include in my next order.

I'm also gonna add Black Cats, Swagger, E-911, Lucidrol and I'm gonna give the Driven Sports version of Adrenalean another shot. One quick question, though, is there anything here that wouldn't be ok for an older woman? I gave my mom some Adrenalean a while back and she's been bugging me for a replacement. I always print out the ingredient profiles of anything I give her so she can show them to her doctor first, since she takes thyroid medication. But I was always under the impression that most doctors don't know jack about supplements so I thought I'd ask some of the company reps here or the forum supp experts.

I cannot comment on the other products, but HARMONY should be fine for an older lady. Assuming by older you mean 40's, and she has no health conditions. Harmony does not rely on heavy stims, etc. Harmony does include Taurine, Ginkgo Biloba, Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) that has many proven health benefits though.

Just a couple interesting things on Taurine:

Taurine prevents cramping by aiding in the movement of important nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium in and out of our cells. Low levels of potassium can cause severe cramping during intense exercise.

Taurine may attenuate exercise-induced DNA damage and enhance the capacity of exercise due to its cellular protective properties.

One study examined the effects of providing either three grams a day of taurine or a placebo to 30 overweight college students for seven weeks. Those in the taurine group had lower triglyceride levels in the blood, along with a reduced atherogenic index, a measure of the ratio of HDL cholesterol (the good kind) to triglycerides in the blood. Taurine increases HDL production by boosting the activity of the protein carrier of HDL, apolipoprotein.

Taurine carries out multiple processes that make it an excellent choice for keeping the body in optimal working order. It is vital for fat digestion, aids in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, helps the immune system in its role of fighting free radicals and has been shown to lower cholesterol levels.

Taurine may lower Blood Pressure in Hypertension patients. This usually requires four weeks of daily supplementation (6,000mg) with Taurine before its Blood Pressure-lowering effects occur.

Persons who have experienced a Heart Attack often exhibit very low Taurine levels subsequent to their Heart Attack (indicating that supplemental Taurine may be highly advisable for persons who have experienced a Heart Attack). Taurine may also help to prevent Heart Attacks.

Originally Posted by _NimbusTim_ View Post
    I cannot comment on the other products, but HARMONY should be fine for an older lady. Assuming by older you mean 40's, and she has no health conditions.
    Thanks for the response. Actually she's 54 and takes thyroid medication for an under-active thyroid. Are those things going to be an issue? Of course I'm going to have her consult her doctor before she takes anything, but like I said my understanding is that most doctors are not at all well versed in the supplements world.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the response. Actually she's 54 and takes thyroid medication for an under-active thyroid. Are those things going to be an issue? Of course I'm going to have her consult her doctor before she takes anything, but like I said my understanding is that most doctors are not at all well versed in the supplements world.
    I see no interactions, but like you mentioned, consult her doctor first. He should be familiar with all of Harmonys ingredients.

The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wow, no go zones, bud; do you WANT to give her more medical issues? Far too much stuff, for a start. More importantly, if she's taking thyroid medication, then she should be AVOIDING stimulants, which cuts out most of the products you listed. Yes, most doctors are not well-versed in supplementation, but you DO have common sense as well.

As far as ANY supplements, unless your mother is training and active, then she doesn't need supplements for energy. Instead, take a look instead at her nutrition - changing a few things here and there can do wonders for increasing energy, and get her exercising daily. On top of that, she should really be aware of what she is using and taking and how it could interact with her medication.

~Team APPNUT
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

Originally Posted by RosieScott View Post
    Wow, no go zones, bud; do you WANT to give her more medical issues? Far too much stuff, for a start. More importantly, if she's taking thyroid medication, then she should be AVOIDING stimulants, which cuts out most of the products you listed. Yes, most doctors are not well-versed in supplementation, but you DO have common sense as well.

As far as ANY supplements, unless your mother is training and active, then she doesn't need supplements for energy. Instead, take a look instead at her nutrition - changing a few things here and there can do wonders for increasing energy, and get her exercising daily. On top of that, she should really be aware of what she is using and taking and how it could interact with her medication.

~Team APPNUT

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't planning on stacking all those supps, if that's what you thought? But yeah, I definitely don't want to give her more medical issues, obviously. But I mean she does drink plenty of starbucks capawatevers and I know those have a ton of caffine in them. And I printed out the ingredients lists for the old version of Adrenalean and Phenadrine which both had plenty of stims in them and her doctor ok'd both of those. Do you guys think he was wrong to do so?

She's gonna start training again pretty soon. I'm gonna get her on some kind of program, not sure what just yet. Was going to head over to the female bodybuilding board and see what was recommended.

The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't planning on stacking all those supps, if that's what you thought? But yeah, I definitely don't want to give her more medical issues, obviously. But I mean she does drink plenty of starbucks capawatevers and I know those have a ton of caffine in them. And I printed out the ingredients lists for the old version of Adrenalean and Phenadrine which both had plenty of stims in them and her doctor ok'd both of those. Do you guys think he was wrong to do so?

She's gonna start training again pretty soon. I'm gonna get her on some kind of program, not sure what just yet. Was going to head over to the female bodybuilding board and see what was recommended.
    I'd take another look at what doctor she goes to - you don't stack stims and thyroid medication. Stimulants like caffeine should be avoided as well. Medical professionals don't know what's what at the best of times, but not to know some of the basics, just wow . . .

Re training, if she's just a beginner, then just do a basic plan. There are plenty of places to look - including samples re circuit for a beginner at The 3 Keys to Fat Loss. Otherwise, get her a professional trainer who will put something specific for her together.

~Team APPNUT
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A supp you may want to look into that is has low stimulates and is perfect for focus both in and out of the gym is EFX's Kre-Alkalyn Pro. Its a pre-workout that uses a tea extract blend for focus, intensity and energy with a little bi tof Kre-Alkalyn thrown in for size, strength and pump. It works awesome in the gym, but is also nice for outside the gym, sometimes I will use it for long drives as well or if I was up late the night before its a good booster for the morning.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by RosieScott View Post
    I'd take another look at what doctor she goes to - you don't stack stims and thyroid medication. Stimulants like caffeine should be avoided as well. Medical professionals don't know what's what at the best of times, but not to know some of the basics, just wow . . .

Re training, if she's just a beginner, then just do a basic plan. There are plenty of places to look - including samples re circuit for a beginner at The 3 Keys to Fat Loss. Otherwise, get her a professional trainer who will put something specific for her together.

~Team APPNUT
    Hmm, well she works in the medical industry and is around doctors all the time so I wouldn't think she'd be going to a bad doctor. But either way it shouldn't a problem for her to get a second opinion and a third/fourth. I just mentioned it to her and she said she would. I also emailed her the ingredients lists for the stuff mentioned in this thread that's going in my next order and she's going to start asking about those as well.

Thanks for the workout program link, I'll take a look at that for her.

Originally Posted by bodybuilder03
    A supp you may want to look into that is has low stimulates and is perfect for focus both in and out of the gym is EFX's Kre-Alkalyn Pro. Its a pre-workout that uses a tea extract blend for focus, intensity and energy with a little bi tof Kre-Alkalyn thrown in for size, strength and pump. It works awesome in the gym, but is also nice for outside the gym, sometimes I will use it for long drives as well or if I was up late the night before its a good booster for the morning.
    Sounds interesting, I'll check it out, thanks. Nice progress in your pic, too.

Anyone have any more recommendations? Particularly non-stim, since I've only got the one to try out at the moment? Gonna go ahead and put my order in today.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone have any more recommendations? Particularly non-stim, since I've only got the one to try out at the moment? Gonna go ahead and put my order in today.
    I like the EFX KA Pro for this as well. The energy is clean and slow. No jitters, no crashes. Just nice focus, concentration and endurance.

I know you mentioned non-stim, but VPX's Meltdown also worked wonders for me as far as energy and focus. However, the effects seemed to wear off after 4 weeks of continued use and I would not go past 6 caps per day.
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."