d_st_rb_d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) d_st_rb_d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is there such thing as too much protein?

I've heard of this before, but I don't want to believe it.

I just ate a 4oz salmon fillet with a powerbar. In fact, I've made a habit of eating protein bars with my first two big meals of the day.

DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The short answer is yes, but a 4 oz salmon fillet and a protein bar sure as hell ain't it.

The body can use more protein than the average person usually imagines, and it uses less than many bodybuilders seem to think/recommend (assuming no use of AAS).

jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by d_st_rb_d View Post

I just ate a 4oz salmon fillet with a powerbar. In fact, I've made a habit of eating protein bars with my first two big meals of the day.
    Yes there is such thing as too much protein. A good daily target is 1g Protein per 1-1.5 lbs of body weight. If you go much over that your body wont be able to use it and it turns to waste.

Heres link:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...et-part-2.html

PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by d_st_rb_d View Post

You just had your 1st or second meal of the day? When do you get up?
    Train hard, Train early, Eat like a beast.....Become a Beast! in short....act as if!

I rep back

Owe:
    Snorkelman
    PBateman2

d_st_rb_d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) d_st_rb_d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jakedasn4ke View Post
    Yes there is such thing as too much protein. A good daily target is 1g Protein per 1-1.5 lbs of body weight. If you go much over that your body wont be able to use it and it turns to waste.

Heres link:
    This is excellent news. Seems I'm right on target.

Originally Posted by PJR23 View Post
    You just had your 1st or second meal of the day? When do you get up?
    I get up around 5:30 - 6. Sometimes it's later if I really need some serious recovery.

I like to workout as soon as I wake up so I can burn more energy during my day and crash like a rock at around 8pm.

Registered User exercisefanatic's Avatar
    exercisefanatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally think you should eat a lot of protein. I shoot for 2 grams per Ib of bodyweight. That may sound like a lot, but every gram of protein is 4 calories. So you weigh 125, that's 250 grams of protein or only 1000 calories. If your not getting it from protein then you are getting it from carbs and fat. Obviously carbs and fat aren't bad for you, but I prefer most of my macronutrient to be protein. But everybody responds different and that is what I found works for. So it it works for you great. If not, try different protein carb ratios. As you read these forums, it's pretty obvious we all have different experiences with this stuff.
    OBSESSED...a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated