Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nivel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Madcow's 5x5 - Incline Bench or Military Press?

I posted this thread originally in the Exercises section, but was directed to WP so here it is:

Which one makes more sense in Madcow's 5x5 routine? I'm talking about 2nd day (4 sets of BB squat, 4 sets of Incline Bench/Standing Military Press, 4 sets of deadlifts). I did 9 weeks with Incline Bench and I just started again after resetting lifts. I was leaning towards Military Press, mostly because I feel like my shoulders are lagging. I don't want to neglect my chest though. Reps for good advice

Btw, what exercises would you recommend for assistance? I usually do:
    - situps for abs
    - wide-grip weighted pull-ups on 2nd day
    - weighted dips, preacher curls and lying tricep extensions on 3rd day
    Anything that would be worth adding or switching up?
    Day by day... no excuses...

CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nivel View Post
    I posted this thread originally in the Exercises section, but was directed to WP so here it is:

Which one makes more sense in Madcow's 5x5 routine? I'm talking about 2nd day (4 sets of BB squat, 4 sets of Incline Bench/Standing Military Press, 4 sets of deadlifts). I did 9 weeks with Incline Bench and I just started again after resetting lifts. I was leaning towards Military Press, mostly because I feel like my shoulders are lagging. I don't want to neglect my chest though. Reps for good advice

Btw, what exercises would you recommend for assistance? I usually do:
    - situps for abs
    - wide-grip weighted pull-ups on 2nd day
    - weighted dips, preacher curls and lying tricep extensions on 3rd day
    Anything that would be worth adding or switching up?
    I'm also doing Madcow's version of the 5x5 (about to finish 5th week) and opted for the incline bench. Similar reasoning as you in that I didn't want to neglect chest despite doing flat bench the other 2 days. I've never been a big standing military press person and wanted to start with incline bench which I was a little more comfortable with. Deadlifts have always been a struggle for me so i didn't want to exhaust myself trying to improve on my military press and then slack on deads right after. In your case, since you have done 9 weeks already and are resetting, it may be interesting to switch it up to the military press, especially if shoulders are lagging! I'd say this is the time to make the switch if you ever wanted to.
    As for your assistance, I'd do weighted situps over regular situps. I've switched up abs because I get bored with straight situps and have utilized ab straps for handing leg raises, exercise ball pull ins, and even the ab wheel (just rolling out and in) just to switch things up a bit. I like the pull ups idea provided you aren't too exhausted and can get some good reps in. As for the 3rd day, I'd stick with your weighted dips. i prefer overhead tricep press with a dumbbell than lying extensions but just a personal thing. Good luck man!
    New Journal - Madcows 5x5 4/5/10 to Present: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123665591

Starting Stats (4/5/10):
    Weight 150lbs
    BF% 12.5%

UPDATED 5/3/10
    Weight 156.8lbs
    BF% 13.2%

Squats 5RM 180lbs (5/3/10)
    Flat Bench 5RM 175lbs (5/3/10)
    Deadlifts 5RM 180lbs
    Incline Bench 5RM 140lbs
    Rows 5RM 125lbs (5/3/10)

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just alternate by week. Incline week one/military press week 2. That's how most of these types of routine were written to be done anyhow. (Texas method etc)
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.