Thread: Fattish legs

vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fattish legs

I already have large legs without lifting any weights but mostly fat despite when you lift my leg there is a line on the inside leg of muscle.

Anyway is it best to continue lifting heavy weights and like what I like to do 70-80kg's of 10 reps or lift lighter weights?

Just worried that I wont be able to get into trousers? Would like to have defined legs

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vw_dubgal View Post
    I already have large legs without lifting any weights but mostly fat despite when you lift my leg there is a line on the inside leg of muscle.

Anyway is it best to continue lifting heavy weights and like what I like to do 70-80kg's of 10 reps or lift lighter weights?

Just worried that I wont be able to get into trousers? Would like to have defined legs
    Yes. Continue to lift heavy, and eat at a calorie range that will allow you to shed extra fat safely.

As your legs get stronger from strength training and that layer of fat is burned off via proper nutrition they will appear much more defined.

They will still fit in the legs of your trousers.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnferrignon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys. My girl has big legs. it's not that she is fat, she just have quite bigger legs despiter her small body structure. What exercise can u recommend so that her legs can be proportion to her body?

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by johnferrignon View Post
    Hey guys. My girl has big legs. it's not that she is fat, she just have quite bigger legs despiter her small body structure. What exercise can u recommend so that her legs can be proportion to her body?
    There isn't one. She needs to diet down and lift because she probably has less muscle in her legs than you think. When someone who doesn't lift or use their legs often has "big legs" it is mostly due to having too much fat as opposed to too much muscle.

She could also try working her upper body so that her lower body looks smaller.

someone previously had posted a cross section of a woman's legs that showed the muscle and how little muscle they had surrounded by a layer of fat. There's a lot more fat than you think and a lot less muscle. I wish I could find that pic.

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IronCitGrl View Post
    Wow that's a LOT of fat, thanks for finding the picture. planning for an extra heavy leg day tomorrow

vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) vw_dubgal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when you say calarie range u mean less than 1800 per day? 5'8. 67kgs

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when you say calarie range u mean less than 1800 per day? 5'8. 67kgs
    Read the Calculating Calories and Macros sticky which is at the top of the Nutrition forum.

Is it wise me lifting heavy weights considering I have large legs anyway?

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it wise me lifting heavy weights considering I have large legs anyway?
    Re-read discdoggie's reply:

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Yes. Continue to lift heavy, and eat at a calorie range that will allow you to shed extra fat safely.

As your legs get stronger from strength training and that layer of fat is burned off via proper nutrition they will appear much more defined.

They will still fit in the legs of your trousers.

I have calculated that I need 2077cals being 67kg x 31 - 2077. However do I eat that only when I attend the gym or all the time or only days when I dont train?

Any what types of foods is it? Just want to get it right as I am going to a wedding in May for a family wedding and want to look pretty nice even though I have defined abs and upper body to a degree but with the training I know I will lose more, I am just wanting to deal with my legs which in turn everything else will fall into place
    Last edited by vw_dubgal; 12-08-2010 at 07:22 AM.

I have now calculated that in order to lose weight which I think it means BF I will deduct 20% of that amount making it 1677 cals?

saraesa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I still don't understand how to tell the difference between thighs that are to fat and thighs that are to muscular. My body fat is 18% and I'm borderline underweight but I still feel my thighs are to big esp since my upper body is so lean. My legs have been the chunky looking to me which is weird because I've done sports my entire life (basketball, then sprinter and now martial arts and dance)
    TIA

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by saraesa View Post
    I still don't understand how to tell the difference between thighs that are to fat and thighs that are to muscular. My body fat is 18% and I'm borderline underweight but I still feel my thighs are to big esp since my upper body is so lean. My legs have been the chunky looking to me which is weird because I've done sports my entire life (basketball, then sprinter and now martial arts and dance)
    TIA
    Hellooooo fellow pear. lol. That's how my body is as well. For me (and most women who complain about their legs), my legs just have too much fat. It's pretty obvious - they're not all that defined and I have some cellulite.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by saraesa View Post
    TIA
    It's called being skinny-fat. You don't have enough muscle. And you carry your fat in the typical female way, in your lower body. What you need to do is bulk, gain as much muscle and you can all over, lean out, then bulk/lean all over again. It's a process that can take several cycles.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    It's called being skinny-fat. You don't have enough muscle. And you carry your fat in the typical female way, in your lower body. What you need to do is bulk, gain as much muscle and you can all over, lean out, then bulk/lean all over again. It's a process that can take several cycles.
    would CLA help? I am totally lost...I dont want to push my legs as they will get bigger which is great but will also have the fat as when you weight lift you bring along fat too

would CLA help? I am totally lost...I dont want to push my legs as they will get bigger which is great but will also have the fat as when you weight lift you bring along fat too
    You're being really resistant to the advice being given, aren't you?
    Lift heavy, bulk, then cut - or - lift heavy, eat at deficit, then bulk if necessary.

In any case (I'm starting to confuse myself ) LIFT HEAVY.
    Last edited by thedogdidit; 12-18-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: confused myself ...

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you don't have enough muscle mass then losing fat becomes pointless. You need to eat to gain muscle, at least 100 cals over maintenance. Lift heavy and hit the legs hard. Yes they will get bigger. That is what you want. After at least 6 months then you drop cals and lean out for a bit. Then you up the cals and go back to bulking. No CLA won't help. Building mass will.

If your upper body is pretty lean then odds are your legs are not big. You just don't like their composition. Which means too much fat and not enough muscle for them to look good. Bulk, lean out, bulk, lean out... repeat as necessary.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you don't have enough muscle mass then losing fat becomes pointless. You need to eat to gain muscle, at least 100 cals over maintenance. Lift heavy and hit the legs hard. Yes they will get bigger. That is what you want. After at least 6 months then you drop cals and lean out for a bit. Then you up the cals and go back to bulking. No CLA won't help. Building mass will.

If your upper body is pretty lean then odds are your legs are not big. You just don't like their composition. Which means too much fat and not enough muscle for them to look good. Bulk, lean out, bulk, lean out... repeat as necessary.
    I just want to say that she gave me the exact same advice just about a year ago, and I'm very glad I did. Even before cutting, and with the additional fat on my legs I gained on the bulk, my legs look markedly better. Really. When I shed the fat too, I'll have smokin' wheels!!!!
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)

^^^^ THIS!!!!

I had lost 28lbs dieting, but ended up with a figure that was pretty lean up top,and I hated the composition of my legs. My butt was NOT where it used to be, and my entire lower body was just not what I wanted it to be (even though technically I was smaller than I was before). I finally got to a point where I realized the above advice from freebirdmac was completely true - If I kept dieting, my legs/butt aren't eventually going to look better, because I needed to build muscle!

Let me tell you - I've started eating a little over maintenance in October, and lifting much heavier than I have before...and became friends with the squat rack My lower body is already SO much better than it used to be!! Yes, my pants are tighter - but I know that once I decide to tighten up my cals in April-ish, I'll have a much much better lower half than i did before!

Originally Posted by NurseRatchet View Post
    ^^^^ THIS!!!!

I had lost 28lbs dieting, but ended up with a figure that was pretty lean up top,and I hated the composition of my legs. My butt was NOT where it used to be, and my entire lower body was just not what I wanted it to be (even though technically I was smaller than I was before). I finally got to a point where I realized the above advice from freebirdmac was completely true - If I kept dieting, my legs/butt aren't eventually going to look better, because I needed to build muscle!

Let me tell you - I've started eating a little over maintenance in October, and lifting much heavier than I have before...and became friends with the squat rack My lower body is already SO much better than it used to be!! Yes, my pants are tighter - but I know that once I decide to tighten up my cals in April-ish, I'll have a much much better lower half than i did before!
    So in the long run despite ur trousers are tighter than bfore you look better than before - ok fair does I will keep on going then by lifting heavier and eating correctly.