Chiplin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tofu Protein Shakes (Breakfast)

Hey guys, I've never had tofu before so I bought some the other day at the grocery store. I got some regular stuff and some dessert stuff. I'm just trying to think of what I can do with the regular stuff in the mornings to save me time for breakfast.

I was thinking generically a smoothie concoction :

1 Scoop Whey
    1 Cup Berries
    1 Cup Skim Milk
    3/4 Cup Tofu

I was thinking eggs as well, but I don't really wanna cook eggs and throw them in there, if they were raw I wouldn't care, but is that really beneficial at all ? If it's like 2 eggs ?

totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

firm or silk??

I'd never blend it into a shake..but thats cause i like the taste as is. :P

when I was in Japan I would put fermented soy beans (natto) on top of the tofu and eat that for breakfast.

I <3 tofu.

too bad the price here in the states is 5x the price (can usually get 3 for $1)

fry it with eggs, scramble it with potatoes if you want

I like the taste..but i eat anything..lol
    Last edited by totse; 05-16-2010 at 08:59 PM.

I don't mind the taste, I just figured the shake would allow me to make a quick breakfast and still get efficient nutrition for my first meal of the day with a proper balance of protein and carbs.

It's medium firm.

totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) totse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

well I never tried it in a shake, but i've heard people mixing tuna with their shakes.
    I don't see nothing wrong with it, you got different sources of protein in the shake, I say go for it.

Medium firm, you can fry it at night and put it in water, put it back in the fridge so you can eat it in the morning.

Btw, you gotta rinse off the tofu first. idk why...tofu water is bad i guess...?
    but thats just what i was taught.

Originally Posted by totse View Post
    well I never tried it in a shake, but i've heard people mixing tuna with their shakes.
    I don't see nothing wrong with it, you got different sources of protein in the shake, I say go for it.

Medium firm, you can fry it at night and put it in water, put it back in the fridge so you can eat it in the morning.

Btw, you gotta rinse off the tofu first. idk why...tofu water is bad i guess...?
    but thats just what i was taught.
    Okay cool, thanks man !

As for the egg part of my first meal though, what should I do ? I've eaten at least 2 eggs every morning for the last year all depending on my goals, so I don't really want to get rid of them. What should I do ?

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yuck, I would much rather just put another scoop of whey or some yogurt in there. That sounds vile bro.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

Thumbs up

I'd make hard-boiled eggs.

I put vinegar when doing it so it peels easier, and contains the stuff inside if the egg cracks.

or just fry it if you want, I don't recommend eating them raw

Cool thanks bro, cause I really wasn't down for it at all hahaha.