JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Post Work Out Nutrition...

What are some examples of everyone's PWO shakes or what they do for PWO nutrition while on Keto? The more examples the better...

This is the last part of my plan that I have to finalize for my Keto Bulk...spread the knowledge!
    ~Jay Wesson
    "My will is stronger than yours"

Instagram: @JaystruthNPC

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dymatize Elite 12 hour protein 1.5 scoops
    Heavy Whipping Cream x 4 tablespoons
    Flax Oil x 2 tablespoons
    water

:-)

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    Flax Oil x 2 tablespoons
    water

ive been wanting to know what others are doing postwo also..

british fighter, Why do you use all the fat? i'm not saying its bad or anything, just wanting to know if you have any reasons.

If you dont mind me jacking your thread OP, BF what do you do prewo?

BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EngUAFitness View Post

british fighter, Why do you use all the fat? i'm not saying its bad or anything, just wanting to know if you have any reasons.

I do CKD, so I carb-up weekly on the Sunday. During the week, my carbs are generally around the 3-5% mark. I found that getting some fat with my protein PWO made me feel re-charged....and just generally better than if I just got Protein alone.

While I was on TKD, I found that even with a large amount of Dex PWO....like 25g......I still felt weak, drained and all-around crappy.

When I switched to CKD, I found that since I'm using fat for fuel all week, it made sense to re-fuel on fat and protein after my workout, considering that I go to the gym at 6am on an empty stomach. My PWO drink fills me up, gives me energy, and makes feel like I'm ready to tackle the rest of the day. Plus, my BF% is still dropping, so the protein doesn't seem to be doing enough to make me store any of the fat......or at least if it is, it's negligible. :-)

Before my workout, I either use Muscle Pharm Assault, or Dymatize Xpand Xtreme Pump.

JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Flax Oil x 2 tablespoons
    water

How much carbs are in that? Are they coming from the heavy whipping cream?

The thread is to see what other people do for PWO nutrition so by no means are you jacking the thread...lol

We are all just trying to learn...
    ~Jay Wesson

Originally Posted by JayWesson1 View Post
    How much carbs are in that? Are they coming from the heavy whipping cream?
    Depending on the brand, HWC shows either <1g, or 0g on the nutritional info. It's a great alternative to milk.

The Protein powder has 6g carbs....2g fiber. per scoop.

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That makes sense, I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone about why they put fat in their pwo..although i thought that was probably the reason why im glad you could put it in easy terms

So you havent noticed any difference in recovery? I think I am going to add cream to my pwo as well. I dont think its a storing fat issue, i think its more of a how fast does the protein get digested thing

I dont know how you work out on an empty stomach! especially that early, I'd have to have a scoop of whey and some caffeine at least..guess thats what your NO is for

if you didnt work out first thing, say if you did in the afternoon, would you have just a solid pro+fat meal before and no scoop of whey? I'm trying to decide how moving away from a scoop of whey before and just moving my meal closer to my workout would affect performance and muscle maintenance. Alot of people don't even have pre or post wo, just whole foods all day, so it must not be a big deal in the long run

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    -BritishFighter, so you don't eat after you workout then?

I guess that makes the plan I've been following make a little more sense to me. It prescribes to have a scoop of whey before a scoop of casein after and then a meal following the casein within about 30 minutes, which gives me the fats I need for energy.

Depending on the brand, HWC shows either <1g, or 0g on the nutritional info. It's a great alternative to milk.

The Protein powder has 6g carbs....2g fiber. per scoop.
    Thanks for the information!
    ~Jay Wesson

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post

I guess that makes the plan I've been following make a little more sense to me. It prescribes to have a scoop of whey before a scoop of casein after and then a meal following the casein within about 30 minutes, which gives me the fats I need for energy.
    This is similar to my routine around my workouts...I currently eat about 2 hours before I train and then afterwards take in 2 scoops of whey then eat a meal about an hour later...I am looking to change my PWO shake to add some dex and maybe some more fat then push out my meal to about 2 hours after my shake. Any thoughts?
    ~Jay Wesson

if you didnt work out first thing, say if you did in the afternoon, would you have just a solid pro+fat meal before and no scoop of whey? I'm trying to decide how moving away from a scoop of whey before and just moving my meal closer to my workout would affect performance and muscle maintenance. Alot of people don't even have pre or post wo, just whole foods all day, so it must not be a big deal in the long run
    If I worked out in the afternoon/evening like I have done from time to time, I ate a good protein/fatty meal about 1.5-2 hours before my workout, and then took my NO product right before the workout.

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    No, my shake serves as my PWO drink, and effectively as my breakfast. I might snack on Macadamias or something, but I don't eat a meal until 11:30am.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My initial thought would be to see how well you handle the extra hour of time between post workout and meal time.

As for dex, I'd have to decline answering that one due to the fact that I haven't added carbs to post workout shakes. I've kept carb intake to reload days, so I don't want to lead you down the wrong path.

I have 30 lbs or so to lose before I really go after seriously tweaking things.

This is similar to my routine around my workouts...I currently eat about 2 hours before I train and then afterwards take in 2 scoops of whey then eat a meal about an hour later...I am looking to change my PWO shake to add some dex and maybe some more fat then push out my meal to about 2 hours after my shake. Any thoughts?
    You should really either go one way or the other. Get a drink that is high fat and high protein, or one that is high carb and high protein. If you mix all 3 you seriously start to flirt with fat storage because of the triple whammy insulin spike.

Like I said, I did the dex + Protein, but it just didn't do it for me.

To answer an earlier question also, recovery time is definitely longer on keto on the whole, but my fatty-proteinous PWO drink doesn't seem to help or hinder that. However, my body wants fat, so that's what I give it. :-)

JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesusRaptor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should really either go one way or the other. Get a drink that is high fat and high protein, or one that is high carb and high protein. If you mix all 3 you seriously start to flirt with fat storage because of the triple whammy insulin spike.

To answer an earlier question also, recovery time is definitely longer on keto on the whole, but my fatty-proteinous PWO drink doesn't seem to help or hinder that. However, my body wants fat, so that's what I give it. :-)
    You are not counting your PWO shake carbs in your daily intake are you?
    "When I was bulking in high school we couldnt really carry around food to eat so I would wear cargo shorts and dump chicken mcnuggets into my pockets and munch through out the day lulz" - Rawp0wer1O1

"So many little queers at my gym try lifting 185lbs bench for like 4-5 reps and think doing this for months will get them big. No.

Take notes fools." - wrknhrd00

If I worked out in the afternoon/evening like I have done from time to time, I ate a good protein/fatty meal about 1.5-2 hours before my workout, and then took my NO product right before the workout.

awesome, I will probably switch my timing to something like this but with caffeine+green tea

can't wait to see how the fat prewo treats me

Originally Posted by JesusRaptor View Post
    You are not counting your PWO shake carbs in your daily intake are you?
    When I was doing TKD I did not count pre or post workout carbs in my totals, but since I switched to CKD, I do count my post workout carbs. I basically count ALL carbs.

I understand the rationale behind the "don't count your workout carbs towards your totals" thing, and have told people to do just that. However, to me it follows the same mentality as people that enter things into their calorie counters, such as "bathed a child"....."did Laundry"....or "scratched my arse". People that spend time trying to squeeze extra calorie credits out of everyday tasks, are really looking for an excuse to eat more......and I view not counting carbs as the same kind of exercise.

On CKD if I eat em, I count em.....that way there's no margin for error. On TKD though, the pre and post workout carbs can easily add up to a persons carb limit for the day, so it's obviously best not to count them.

Yea I see your point...I think I will go with the 2 scoops of whey and dex.
    ~Jay Wesson

Yea I see your point...I think I will go with the 2 scoops of whey and dex.
    Yeah, give it a go and see how it works for you :-)

Yeah, give it a go and see how it works for you :-)
    That is the last piece to the puzzle that is my diet for my clean bulk...thanks again for the help!
    ~Jay Wesson

That is the last piece to the puzzle that is my diet for my clean bulk...thanks again for the help!
    No Problem...keep us posted on your progress.