Closed Thread
    BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it possible in 5 months to lose 100 lbs and get visible abs?

say if your starting weight is 268 and worked hard and ate right every day is this possible?

jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkc3usc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    20lbs a month seems pretty freaking hard. I cant say it isnt but I highly doubt it

rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nope. You didn't get to be 100 pounds overweight in 5 months, so don't expect to lose it in that time, and even if you did, you would probably look horrible and malnourished.

40 pounds in 5 months is more realistic. Shoot for that. It'll be good for you.

munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munozluke4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I bet u can bro with extremely hard work and grit determination, I mean havnt u ever watched the biggest loser some of them lose that amount of weight in like 2 -3 months, just eat right and bust your ass and I think u got it

Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BigJaybop View Post
    say if your starting weight is 268 and worked hard and ate right every day is this possible?
    You could probably lose 100lbs in that timeframe, however, the visible part probably not.

At that rate, it would likely harder to control lbm losses, and you may already be overestimating the amount of lbm that you do have right now.
    March 2008: 407 lbs
    06/25/2011: 201.4lbs

Total Lost: 205.6

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe the top two abs.... then you'd probably have this huge bag of skin hanging around the rest.

1-2 pounds per week.... You could do it right in about 18 months and look great.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJaybop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks all.

IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronGrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Jay, I know that if you have at least 4 hours per day to spend lifting and cardio, hire a trainer and a nutritionist, and work your ass off--you can definitely lose the weight. However, visible abs, yes, but not like you would see on the cover of Flex or M&F. That will take more time as your skin re-elasticizes and you tone up after your loss. Talk to your trainer and make sure before you hire one, you interview several for the position. This is a HUGE goal and if you don't pick someone who will motivate you and hold you accountable, it will be a total waste of time and money. Good Luck! I'm going to add you to my friends so I can follow your journey and try to help motivate you.
    Train Hard---Eat Big---Win Easy
    www.IAmIronGrace.com
    https://www.********.com/genniece
    https://www.instagram.com/iamirongrace/
    -III------III- & (.Y.)

Originally Posted by IronGrace View Post
    Jay, I know that if you have at least 4 hours per day to spend lifting and cardio, hire a trainer and a nutritionist, and work your ass off--you can definitely lose the weight. However, visible abs, yes, but not like you would see on the cover of Flex or M&F. That will take more time as your skin re-elasticizes and you tone up after your loss. Talk to your trainer and make sure before you hire one, you interview several for the position. This is a HUGE goal and if you don't pick someone who will motivate you and hold you accountable, it will be a total waste of time and money. Good Luck! I'm going to add you to my friends so I can follow your journey and try to help motivate you.
    Thanks that means a lot. I am really motivated to lose this weight. I have a lot planned for september so its really important I make this goal and I will be working hard like crazy.

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    weren't you trolling the misc section last week?

no its impossible. if you lose 100 pounds you are gonna have loose skin. and losing 100 pounds in 5 months, and being lean, thats not gonna happen. i'd say no less than 8 months

(if this thread is even legit, which i doubt)
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    keep us posted every month with photos of your progress, depending on how well you do you could be an inspiration to hundreds of people.
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

scoresman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoresman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by munozluke4 View Post
    I bet u can bro with extremely hard work and grit determination, I mean havnt u ever watched the biggest loser some of them lose that amount of weight in like 2 -3 months, just eat right and bust your ass and I think u got it
    What you dont see on the show is these folks are worked day and night with only enough calories per day to perform. On top of that the medical staff is monitoring the participants 24/7..

That and winning money is one hell of a motivator.

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scoresman View Post
    What you dont see on the show is these folks are worked day and night with only enough calories per day to perform. On top of that the medical staff is monitoring the participants 24/7..

That and winning money is one hell of a motivator.
    Their daily caloric deficit is 8,000-16,000 in order for them to lose that much weight. That is a serious workload.

I am on a 300-500 calorie deficit, and it is hard enough~
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

What if your protein intake was high and worked out almost daily? Would loose skin still occur? and if it did would it still be bad? also dont genetics play some sort of a role in loose skin like that?

rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you lose weight that rapidly, your skin will be loose, no matter what you do. Working out and eating protein will remedy that a tiny bit, but losing 20 pounds per month is going to have you looking your best, it'll be a longer process than that.

NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cheeseandrice View Post
    weren't you trolling the misc section last week?

no its impossible. if you lose 100 pounds you are gonna have loose skin. and losing 100 pounds in 5 months, and being lean, thats not gonna happen. i'd say no less than 8 months

(if this thread is even legit, which i doubt)
    this, dude was trolling misc earlier so I doubt this is a serious thread.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm coming up on 120lbs lost, in a little over 7 months, and I consider what I did extreme, as in borderline insane. As in a 350+ lb guy with a lot of muscle mass eating 1000 cals a day and then burning it all doing cardio and weightlifting, and even going to the gym twice a day many times. (Still do sometimes) It was what I thought of when I went to sleep, what I thought of while sleeping, and what I thought of first thing when I woke up. I had everything planned days in advance. First 4 months or so, it was all I thought of and did. Not a drop of alchohol or soda to date.

When I decided to change, something switched inside of me, and I was disgusted. I felt like the real me was trapped in my body, and I did what it took to get rid of the fat ASAP. I didn't care about nothing else, and nothing would stop me. Not even the horrid shin splints I worked through in the beginning or having to work 12 hour days, and then to go to the gym afterwards.

I walked during my lunch at work. I went to the bathroom at the office that is 300+ feet away, instead of the one 10 feet away. I ran and walked at home. I even bought a 40lb training vest that I now use when I run or go for long walks.

Have I lost muscle? Probably...but..all of my lifts improved significantly. Most notably my dumbell bench press jumped from 55lb dumbells to now doing 95's for reps, and barbell bench press from about 185 for a few reps to now 225lbs for 8 reps (my personal record). My physique is starting to really sculpt. My bicep is visibly seperating, and I'm getting some awesome vascularity on my forearms. (I'm now under 20% body fat)

I wore XXXL shirts, now large shirts are loose. I wore 46 waist jeans, now 36 jeans are loose. My mile time has went from 12+ minutes, to almost under 7 minutes and I can run miles at a time.

Like I said, what I did was borderline insane. I worked HARD. But I am now bearing the fruits of my labor, and boy oh boy they are sweet and delicious fruits! My life is a complete 180 from what it was 7 months ago. I can't even put into words how I feel now. Today I am wearing an athletic fitted all black thermal, with really nice brooklyn jeans, and my staple cologne, and I feel like I have been molested by a bunch of women staring me down. I'm not exaggerating. In fact yesterday someone in the office whom I don't even know ran up to me and stopped me to let me know to keep doing what I am doing because I am looking great. It's moments like that where you feel like you are high on life...if you've never felt the high of life, I highly recommend it, nothing else like it.

I took the time to write all that out for you because I hope it will inspire you. Don't listen to people here who say you can't do it. You can do what ever you want to do, it just depends on how bad you want to do it. I was the worst of the worst. EVERY meal used to be fast food, and my job involves sitting on my ass all day. A horrible combination, that would surely lead to a young death if I did not change.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depends what your body fat is. You can lose 100lbs in 5 months if you diet hardcore and workout steadily but visible abs is a different story.

Originally Posted by kingof_queens View Post
    I'm coming up on 120lbs lost, in a little over 7 months, and I consider what I did extreme, as in borderline insane. As in a 350+ lb guy with a lot of muscle mass eating 1000 cals a day and then burning it all doing cardio and weightlifting, and even going to the gym twice a day many times. (Still do sometimes) It was what I thought of when I went to sleep, what I thought of while sleeping, and what I thought of first thing when I woke up. I had everything planned days in advance. First 4 months or so, it was all I thought of and did. Not a drop of alchohol or soda to date.

When I decided to change, something switched inside of me, and I was disgusted. I felt like the real me was trapped in my body, and I did what it took to get rid of the fat ASAP. I didn't care about nothing else, and nothing would stop me. Not even the horrid shin splints I worked through in the beginning or having to work 12 hour days, and then to go to the gym afterwards.

I walked during my lunch at work. I went to the bathroom at the office that is 300+ feet away, instead of the one 10 feet away. I ran and walked at home. I even bought a 40lb training vest that I now use when I run or go for long walks.

Have I lost muscle? Probably...but..all of my lifts improved significantly. Most notably my dumbell bench press jumped from 55lb dumbells to now doing 95's for reps, and barbell bench press from about 185 for a few reps to now 225lbs for 8 reps (my personal record). My physique is starting to really sculpt. My bicep is visibly seperating, and I'm getting some awesome vascularity on my forearms. (I'm now under 20% body fat)

I wore XXXL shirts, now large shirts are loose. I wore 46 waist jeans, now 36 jeans are loose. My mile time has went from 12+ minutes, to almost under 7 minutes and I can run miles at a time.

Like I said, what I did was borderline insane. I worked HARD. But I am now bearing the fruits of my labor, and boy oh boy they are sweet and delicious fruits! My life is a complete 180 from what it was 7 months ago. I can't even put into words how I feel now. Today I am wearing an athletic fitted all black thermal, with really nice brooklyn jeans, and my staple cologne, and I feel like I have been molested by a bunch of women staring me down. I'm not exaggerating. In fact yesterday someone in the office whom I don't even know ran up to me and stopped me to let me know to keep doing what I am doing because I am looking great. It's moments like that where you feel like you are high on life...if you've never felt the high of life, I highly recommend it, nothing else like it.

I took the time to write all that out for you because I hope it will inspire you. Don't listen to people here who say you can't do it. You can do what ever you want to do, it just depends on how bad you want to do it. I was the worst of the worst. EVERY meal used to be fast food, and my job involves sitting on my ass all day. A horrible combination, that would surely lead to a young death if I did not change.
    wow man thats extremely inspirational, thank you. I read every bit of it and its a huge motivator.

dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dos531 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pretty much impossible. I lost 85 lbs total from 270-185 currently (35%ish bf to 13.9% from hydrostatic testing). 50 of which was in a 5 month period. My skin is still pretty loose and Abs aren't really visible. Don't let that discourage you though. You'll still love the improvement regardless of whether or not you have visible abs.
    Last edited by dos531; 05-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.

breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100) breakpoint71 is not very well liked. (-100)

Completely possible

First off I wanna say visible abs should not be your priority when it comes to weight loss... your health should be.

It is absolutely possible, I suffered from panic attacks for 14 years along with a liver transplant... was on 20 to 30 different meds for panic. Hospitalized 4 times for suicide due to panic.. outpatient,inpatient therapy... never left the house,could not drive without panic was picked up by an ambulance on the side of the road numerous times. Was crippled. Then one day I was just DONE with it all.

I had ballooned to 302lbs... I Weened of all my psych meds(with a doctors help). And researched diet and exercise to combat the anxiety...

I eliminated foods that had a relationship to anxiety... added sugar, processed foods... caffeine... and gluten.
    I cut my diet to 1700 - 2000 calories a day. I started with gym... 15 minutes of cardio... I have worked my way up to 3 hrs a day (1hr of cardio,and weights). Added wellness meditation,hiking with dog 10,000 steps and batting cages. I do this 5 to 6 days a week. And I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT!!

6 months 102lbs... from a size 44 to 36. Xxxl to large...

Yeah I have skin,stretch marks,scars.... but you know what???? I'm healthy... no more bp meds...no high chloresteral , no borderline diabetes... and panic free for 6 months. My body shows my battle wounds and I'm proud of them. Yes I'm doing lots of things to tighten some of that skin up but the reality is when you have abused your body for that long you probably will never have that perfect body( yes there are exceptions). Be happy and healthy!!!

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honestly mate,

You didn't gain it in a short period of time. Don't try to lose it in a short period of time.
    I'm all for hard diets but please be sensible.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You guys really responding to a banned poster from 7 years ago??