anonymous

Ok I need some quality equipment

I'm looking to get a couple barbells, weight plates, DBs, a bench, and a squat rack. Pretty much the basics for a home gym. My question is what is the cheapest quality brand I could find? I'm probably gonna look on amazon or craigslist to buy it (unless there's somewhere cheaper I could purchase from?), but I want to make sure I'm getting some decent stuff. Doesn't need to be the best of the best. Just solid equipment that will last and has a good rep. Any info will be helpful.

Also, I have a huge weight combo-machine thing that I'm gonna sell in my basement (barely used). Once again, probably gonna put it up on craigslist. Is there anywhere else I could sell it for a good price at or is craigslist pretty much the only option? I'm not really in the whole workout equipment loop so I'm not sure if there's somewhere lot's of you guys go to buy and sell equipment a lot.

Thanks for the help guys.

biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10) biggbolt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would sell on craigslist. People in your area would look and find the equipment and you would not have to worry about people from other states just looking. You would have more serious buyers. As far as quality, what I do is if I don't recognize the brand I will google it and see what others say. Or you can post on here and tell us to give an opinion. Good luck man!

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    also www.ebayclassifieds.com

used to be Kijiji
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, im not from the US but im sure people will back me up when i say craiglist is your friend, ive seen loads of people post purchases these made on craiglist and all i can say is i wish we had one in the UK

Rack
    I would advise getting a power rack rather than just a squat rack, powertec racks are pretty solid. you can also get a pulley attachment for power racks which will allow you to doa few accessory sets if you like!

Bar/Plates
    Make sure its olympic plates you get, id try and get around 400-500lbs of plates, that should last you a good while and a 7ft bar rated to take more weight than you expect to lift. As for dumbells you could buy a normal set or just buy a set of olympic handles, this is your preference as some people dont like olly bars.

dunno if this is a good deal or not but... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/spo/1731641310.html
    A man can be strong but if he cannot use that strength quickly, he is not powerful.

anonymous
    Thanks for the input guys.

That powertec rack does look pretty solid. I would need to buy a few more DBs and weight plates if I were to get that but can anyone else be a judge to say if thats a good deal. I'm not really sure myself. It seems reasonable though.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Man, you'd think there would be a sticky to answer these questions.

I mean, really, they could come up a lot in an equipment forum.

But who would ever go to the effort to create such a useful thing.....................
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Man, you'd think there would be a sticky to answer these questions.

I mean, really, they could come up a lot in an equipment forum.

But who would ever go to the effort to create such a useful thing.....................
    Sorry your right that was dumb of me haha. I have a bad habit of skipping right over stickies (unintentionally). Which is really hypocritical cause I tell people the same thing.