tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best Olympic Bar Under 200 dollars

Ok I am looking to get another olympic bar to replace the cheap cap bar that came with my set. I want a bar under 200 dollars that will hold at least 800 lbs prefer 1000 lbs. Right now these two bars look like my best two options.
    http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Black...f=pd_sbs_sg_11
    http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Po...ef=pd_sbs_sg_5

Right now I am leaning towards the cap bar. Any input is appreciated.

CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tbone89 View Post
    Ok I am looking to get another olympic bar to replace the cheap cap bar that came with my set. I want a bar under 200 dollars that will hold at least 800 lbs prefer 1000 lbs. Right now these two bars look like my best two options.
    http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Black...f=pd_sbs_sg_11
    http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Po...ef=pd_sbs_sg_5

Right now I am leaning towards the cap bar. Any input is appreciated.
    Hands down the Cap OB-86B. We have sold over 1000 of these bars and only ever had a problem with one which was a defect. Our main source of buyers is crossfitters and Power-lifters. Between the brutal workouts both of these types of customers put the bar through, we can proudly say the bars has more than held up. recently we were at a Crossfit sectionals where they used our Cap bars. They did a ton of clean & presses and dropped the bar repeatedly in the numbers of 30 reps or more and every bar held up and then some. The bars all had 155 lbs on them and were dropped from over head every rep. No bends, breaks, etc. definitely my recommendation. You should be able to pick it up at most places for $145 or less plus shipping unless you can get it somewhere near to you and save on shipping. the reason we do not recommend the 1500 lb bar is because we actually felt it did not hold up as well. The specs on the OB-86B are as follows: 1200 lb capacity, 28.6 mm shaft, medium knurling, 125,000 tensile strength.
    You can also check out this bar chart which will give you most specs and prices on most bars on the market:
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....ask=view&id=40
    Hope this helps with your decision. I believe Rogue has a chart as well.
    Last edited by CFF; 05-03-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    cff@christiansfitnessfactory.com
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbone89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the reply I've never seen that bar anywhere before. Definitely considering it. How does it compare with troy Olympic power bar that is on sale on your site?

billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have no experiences with the bars you're referring to but I own a Jesup power bar and it is a high quality bar. 1500 lb capacity and $165 shipped.

http://www.jesupgym.com/products.php?cid=12

Slightly thicker than most olympic bars. Knurls are a bit sharper than a Texas power bar. I mainly use it for squating and benching because it is a stiff bar with little to no whip. Probably not the best bar for deadlifting but still a great bar for the price.

CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the reply I've never seen that bar anywhere before. Definitely considering it. How does it compare with troy Olympic power bar that is on sale on your site?
    I would still hands down go with the Cap OB-86B. It has more than proven itself to us and cost less. We have also found that Cap stands behind there higher end bars like these and that speaks mountains as well. We have found that most bars that are worth anything out there have a warranty that is actually up held rather than just stated.
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is comparable to the Troy bars, but we have had some rust issues on the sleeves of the Troy bars. You didn't really specify what you are using the bar for, but at the weights you are looking at I am assuming its more powerlifting then Oly lifting. The Troy Texas Power bar is great for what you are looking for, but its slightly out of the stated price range. That Jessup bar has gotten some good feedback but if the knurling is sharper then the TPB I would want to feel it first. I cut my neck pretty good with the knurling on the TPB when I didn't even have weight on the bar.

Oh and you might want to consider the OB-86BCK its got a slightly higher statical weight and the center knurling which may come in handy for the heavier squats.

Noah
    Noah Alkinburgh - CF Level 1
    Christian's Fitness Factory
    www.cfffit.com www.alkinburgh.com
    Twitter: @CFFFit @nalkinburgh

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That Cap bar looks identical to my Body Solid bar and it's an excellent bar. I have been very happy with it.

I also have that Jesup bar. It's a good one, also, but the knurling is aggressive for deads(against the shins), and I'm less thrilled with the thicker stock used.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    That Cap bar looks identical to my Body Solid bar and it's an excellent bar. I have been very happy with it.

I also have that Jesup bar. It's a good one, also, but the knurling is aggressive for deads(against the shins), and I'm less thrilled with the thicker stock used.
    Have you ever seen a Texas power Bar? I am just wondering the difference in the knurling and if the Jesup's bar knurling is that much more aggressive? I know we have th eTexas Power bars ad the knurling is sharp. Not my favorite except for deadlifts but over all I wuld still go with the Cap OB-86B hands down.

― Theodore Roosevelt

borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CFF View Post
    Have you ever seen a Texas power Bar? I am just wondering the difference in the knurling and if the Jesup's bar knurling is that much more aggressive? I know we have th eTexas Power bars ad the knurling is sharp. Not my favorite except for deadlifts but over all I wuld still go with the Cap OB-86B hands down.
    The Jesup is sharper new than the TPB's...
    2 weeks of hand rehab after my first M.E. deadlifting session with my Jesup... BUT, the price is killer and it is strong as hell.

I highly recommend the Jesup power bar. Plus, it was to my door in 3 days...
    USPlabs Alpha Ginger

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unfortunately, I have not seen a TPB. I was going to get one, but I got such good deals on these bars, plus a vintage York, that I couldn't pass them up.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    Unfortunately, I have not seen a TPB. I was going to get one, but I got such good deals on these bars, plus a vintage York, that I couldn't pass them up.
    Cannot beat the old York bars. Keith Wolfe out of York, PA was the maker of there bars before York went to China & Canada. He now makes bars under his own name Iron Wolfe Barbell and they are cool as they were back in York's day as they are today. I would venture to say they are actually better now.His craziest design has to be the squat bar at 101.5", 65 lbs, and full knurling from one end of the shaft to the other. We have some on our site but again I still would never pass up an old York bar. For the most part all you have to do with them is clean and re-grease them as well as a little steel wool and they are as good as new.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Thanks for brining this up:

http://www.ironwolfebarbell.com/index.html

WOW. A little out of my price range but nice nice bars.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cannot beat the old York bars. Keith Wolfe out of York, PA was the maker of there bars before York went to China & Canada. He now makes bars under his own name Iron Wolfe Barbell and they are cool as they were back in York's day as they are today. I would venture to say they are actually better now.His craziest design has to be the squat bar at 101.5", 65 lbs, and full knurling from one end of the shaft to the other. We have some on our site but again I still would never pass up an old York bar. For the most part all you have to do with them is clean and re-grease them as well as a little steel wool and they are as good as new.
    York is my primary bar. Got it about 15 years ago when I made the conversion to Olympic weights. Have honestly considered picking up a new bar, but just can't justify it. No complaints with this York at all.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Thanks for brining this up:

http://www.ironwolfebarbell.com/index.html

WOW. A little out of my price range but nice nice bars.
    I agree, for most it is out of their price range, but sick bars.

Originally Posted by oxbeard View Post
    York is my primary bar. Got it about 15 years ago when I made the conversion to Olympic weights. Have honestly considered picking up a new bar, but just can't justify it. No complaints with this York at all.
    Personally I would wait to find another York bar if you are not in a rush. To get a bar built like the old York ones, today's cost runs around $500. That is why I currently use a cap bar and not a Wolfe. Price is everything so I only use my higher end bars for competition. The other bar I would look for is a used GPI or Ivanko Bar. The GPI is cool because it is pinned as well as clipped on the end.

― Theodore Roosevelt

oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000)

Personally I would wait to find another York bar if you are not in a rush. To get a bar built like the old York ones, today's cost runs around $500. That is why I currently use a cap bar and not a Wolfe. Price is everything so I only use my higher end bars for competition. The other bar I would look for is a used GPI or Ivanko Bar. The GPI is cool because it is pinned as well as clipped on the end.
    Yeah, I figured as much. Still trying to get a grasp on how much things have changed during the long break I took from lifting. The few bars I have gotten to see in person lately are definitely not in the same class as my York. Figured to get anything comparable I would have to order and shell out some $$$. Too much other stuff on the list first, unless of course I get lucky an run up on that deal I can't pass up, but again not seeing real high quality bars floating around in this neck of the woods.

Originally Posted by oxbeard View Post
    Yeah, I figured as much. Still trying to get a grasp on how much things have changed during the long break I took from lifting. The few bars I have gotten to see in person lately are definitely not in the same class as my York. Figured to get anything comparable I would have to order and shell out some $$$. Too much other stuff on the list first, unless of course I get lucky an run up on that deal I can't pass up, but again not seeing real high quality bars floating around in this neck of the woods.
    We were just checking on getting Wolfe to build us the Old York bars but it is hard to do so because most people would not be willing to pay $500 for the bar. Granted, the bar would be a slightly better tensile strength, but again, who is going to pay that. To be honest, that is why we suggest the Cap OB-86B so much. For the money, it is hands down one of the most worth it bars out there. Understand, I do not believe that about all there bars, we have just personally as well as had over a hundred hardcore gyms torture it and it has stood up to the beating.

― Theodore Roosevelt

AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Cap B86s haven't impressed me. A Chinese company makes the same bar for a bunch of different mfrs. Suffice to say the quality is crap. I have an OB-86PB which is supposed to be a 1500lb. bar. I used for some 675 pulls and bent the holy hell out of it the first time. I now can only use it for deads and shrugs because it's too warped for anything else (unless I strung it, then it would shoot arrows; that bad). I had another chrome OB86 1000lb. bar that i bent repping 315 on incline bench. I have 2 OB-86Bs in my garage right now. Picked them up at a used gear store CL for 15 a piece. I'd be happy to take a video of me bending one for you or show you what my PB looks like. It wouldn't take long. They're not whippy imo. I think the most accurate way I could describe them would be that they feel "saggy" or "bendy". Poor sleeve rotation w/ a moderately heavy load. The bar will roll in your hands before the sleeves kick in. I don't think they'll ever fracture or break per se, but they'll be worthless for cleans, presses etc. pretty damn fast if you're moving any kind of decent weight.

Body Solids new premium bars are US made by the company that made the old Pendlay bars. That's prob a good place to start. I think they have a couple of bars in your price range. Also, the US made Texas Power Bars are always a safe bet- and the Jesup bar mentioned earlier. Not the best for oly. movements, but good solid bars nonetheless and around your price range.
    Last edited by AtomikStrongman; 05-05-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Originally Posted by AtomikStrongman View Post
    The Cap B86s haven't impressed me. A Chinese company makes the same bar for a bunch of different mfrs. Suffice to say the quality is crap. I have an OB-86PB which is supposed to be a 1500lb. bar. I used for some 675 pulls and bent the holy hell out of it the first time. I now can only use it for deads and shrugs because it's so warped for anything else- I strung it, I could shoot arrows; that bad. I had another chrome OB86 1000lb. bar that i bent repping 315 on incline bench. I have 2 OB-86Bs in my garage right now. Picked them up at a used gear store CL for 15 a piece. I'd be happy to take a video of me bending one for you or show you what my PB looks like. It wouldn't take long. They're not whippy imo. I think the most accurate way I could describe them would be that they feel "saggy" or "bendy". Poor sleeve rotation w/ a moderately heavy load. The bar will roll in your hands before the sleeves kick in. I don't think they'll ever fracture or break per se, but they'll be worthless for cleans, presses etc. pretty damn fast if you're moving any kind of decent weight.

Body Solids new premium bars are US made by the company that made the old Pendlay bars. That's prob a good place to start. I think they have a couple of bars in your price range. Also, the US made Texas Power Bars are always a safe bet. Not the best for oly. movements, but a good solid bar nonetheless and in the 200-300 pricerange.
    In saying what you have stated, I repeat, that is why we stand only behind the OB-86B and not recommend the others. The Body Solid OB86B is not the same bar as well as the OB-86PB would not be my suggestion either. Unfortunately, anything below $200 is going to be China made and we cannot get away from that so we have to find out what stands up with in that price range. I will tell you we have sold over 1000 of the Cap Bars (OB-86B) and after watching it get dropped repeatedly and weighed down with well over 500 lbs, we have found this to be the bar for the money. Personally if I had a bar bend the first time, I would have asked for it to be replaced. Where ever you bought it from should have done so for you but if you contact me, I will see if I can get it replaced for you. You paid for a bar and should have full use of that bar, not have a bent worthless bar. Feel free to contact me at christian@christiansfitnessfactory.com
    By the way, the OB-86B is suppose to bend with weight, as well as spring back once you remove the weight. Just curious, how did you know they are OB-86B bars if they were used and the bars has no marking stating so?
    Last edited by CFF; 05-05-2010 at 02:02 PM.

― Theodore Roosevelt

AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtomikStrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That reminds me- The OLD Body Solid OB86PB bar was rated for 1500lbs./200k psi, American made, had bearings in the sleeves, a lifetime warranty and sold for $155 before tax and shipping. That was my favorite bar for the $ for a long time. I bet there are still a few of them floating around. The new BS bars just started selling recently.

I'll hit you up on that, Christian. I was really PO'D about that bar and CAP was no help when I emailed them about it.

The 86Bs? The shop I picked them up from sells CAP bars almost exclusively because they're so inexpensive. I get a deal on a lot of the trade-ins etc. I pick up from them in return for some advertising/referrals. They got 5 or 10 back from a local Y they were upgrading and who had originally bought the bars from them, and the guy said they were OB86Bs. They were still in good shape, so it seemed like a no brainer to pick a couple of them up. I haven't really used them yet. They'll probably end up being deadlift and overhead medley bars on event days since they're more expendable than our nicer bars. The bending seems like a necessary evil, but since they're so cheap, it's not a big deal. I picked up the chrome OB86 1k bar from the same shop and bought the 86pb new from someplace online about two and a half years back and literally had it bent within 60 reps.
    Last edited by AtomikStrongman; 05-05-2010 at 03:15 PM.

kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fortunately sub $200 bars don't have to only come from China. There are American made bars that are less than $200.

Burner Bar $195:
    -Made in the USA (as all of our bars are)
    -28.5 mm
    -155ksi strength steel that is also made in the US (not the 125ksi Chinese steel on 30mm+ bars that are rated at 1500 lb and bend with 600 on them)
    -Bare steel (no black zinc, bright zinc, oxide chrome etc.)
    -Oly knurl marks and knurl
    -No center knurl
    -Snap ring sleeve design

Beater Bar $135:
    -Made in the USA
    -31 mm
    -Black zinc coating on shaft/bright zinc on sleeves
    -No center knurl
    -Pinned sleeve

What about these bars from york. I really like the look of them.
    http://www.roguefitness.com/store/yo...ength_bars.php

Originally Posted by kbdub View Post
    Fortunately sub $200 bars don't have to only come from China. There are American made bars that are less than $200.

Burner Bar $195:
    -Made in the USA (as all of our bars are)
    -28.5 mm
    -155ksi strength steel that is also made in the US (not the 125ksi Chinese steel on 30mm+ bars that are rated at 1500 lb and bend with 600 on them)
    -Bare steel (no black zinc, bright zinc, oxide chrome etc.)
    -No center knurl
    -Snap ring sleeve design

Beater Bar $135:
    -Made in the USA
    -31 mm
    -Black zinc coating on shaft/bright zinc on sleeves
    -No center knurl
    -Pinned sleeve
    I like the burner bar. How does it compare one of the york bars listed on your site in the same price range.

kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kbdub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like the burner bar. How does it compare one of the york bars listed on your site in the same price range.
    The Burner Bar has similar steel that is in the Rogue bar and Pendlay NexGen bars that sell for $50-150 more. It is one of the best bangs for the buck if you are on a budget. It has enough grip you can do heavy deads without chalk, but is still soft enough for the Oly lifts.

There is a significant difference in diameter between the Burner and the Yorks listed. A larger diameter bar can use a less expensive steel (i.e. not as strong), which is why bars from China are 30mm+. Most diameters over 29 mm are not preferred for Oly moves, benching or deadlifting.

The Burner Bar has similar steel that is in the Rogue bar and Pendlay NexGen bars that sell for $50-150 more. It is one of the best bangs for the buck if you are on a budget. It has enough grip you can do heavy deads without chalk, but is still soft enough for the Oly lifts.

There is a significant difference in diameter between the Burner and the Yorks listed. A larger diameter bar can use a less expensive steel (i.e. not as strong), which is why bars from China are 30mm+. Most diameters over 29 mm are not preferred for Oly moves, benching or deadlifting.
    Do your homework first before you post. Most China bars are not over 30 mm. In fact the Cap bar that we spoke about is 28.6mm. If you do a search, you will find there are a lot more US bars that are 30 mm are out there. I guess it is just how much research you do. To be honest, the reason we go with the Cap bar is because we have tested over 1000 of them and always came through with flying colors. Again, for $141, it is an outstanding bar plus if you are a gym, military, police or a fireman we discount the bar even farther. The fact is, we are all for American made bars. We need to support our country, but any bar made for under $200 that is USA made is usually a piece of junk. First off, it is almost impossible to get a decent steel in the US for a good price. Then, when you add in the machining and quality bearings, and labor, you have already spent your $200 plus.
    Again, the question was, what can I get for under $200 and be a good bar and I personally would put up $200 against most any bar and the Cap OB-86B. Not a bar named the OB86B, but OB-86B.
    We sell York bars, as well as most any bar out there as you guys do and I guess what pisses me off is when someone states the bar has a lifetime warranty. Lifetime warranty means crap when you add in each states statue of limitations. For example, PA's statutes of limitations is seven years which means after seven years you are crap out of luck. As the owner of Christian's Fitness Factory, we do not go by a month, year, five year, or lifetime warranty. We value you as a customer for life. So when I hear lifetime warranty, I think Bull ****. I would rather just know the company is going to take care of me regardless of whether the bar was bought from me or someone else. Take AtomikStrongman. He got screwed and it is our job as equipment suppliers to take care of him and not let some bad apple mess it up for the rest of us.
    By the way, a common thing have found is that most bars claimed to made in the US are indeed that, but they are made (i.e. - assembled) in the US with China parts.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Do your homework first before you post. Most China bars are not over 30 mm. In fact the Cap bar that we spoke about is 28.6mm. If you do a search, you will find there are a lot more US bars that are 30 mm are out there. I guess it is just how much research you do. To be honest, the reason we go with the Cap bar is because we have tested over 1000 of them and always came through with flying colors. Again, for $141, it is an outstanding bar plus if you are a gym, military, police or a fireman we discount the bar even farther. The fact is, we are all for American made bars. We need to support our country, but any bar made for under $200 that is USA made is usually a piece of junk. First off, it is almost impossible to get a decent steel in the US for a good price. Then, when you add in the machining and quality bearings, and labor, you have already spent your $200 plus.
    Again, the question was, what can I get for under $200 and be a good bar and I personally would put up $200 against most any bar and the Cap OB-86B. Not a bar named the OB86B, but OB-86B.
    We sell York bars, as well as most any bar out there as you guys do and I guess what pisses me off is when someone states the bar has a lifetime warranty. Lifetime warranty means crap when you add in each states statue of limitations. For example, PA's statutes of limitations is seven years which means after seven years you are crap out of luck. As the owner of Christian's Fitness Factory, we do not go by a month, year, five year, or lifetime warranty. We value you as a customer for life. So when I hear lifetime warranty, I think Bull ****. I would rather just know the company is going to take care of me regardless of whether the bar was bought from me or someone else. Take AtomikStrongman. He got screwed and it is our job as equipment suppliers to take care of him and not let some bad apple mess it up for the rest of us.
    By the way, a common thing have found is that most bars claimed to made in the US are indeed that, but they are made (i.e. - assembled) in the US with China parts.
    I'm not as knowledgeable in Chinese bars, partly because we don't stock them and partly because most of the one's I've seen and tested are junk so I prefer to not spend much time on them.

Let the technical data speak. This is the lab I use to get bar properties:

http://www.a-labcorp.com/

It's a great independent lab that I used during my former job as a brake design engineer for an aerospace company. Emil Lester is my contact there. I have tested everything from low end bars to high end Eleiko and Ivanko. I have them do the following tests:

1) Chemical,
    2) Tensile
    3) Hardness
    4) Microstructure

Here is what all the Chinese bars I've tested have in common: low tensile strength and poor microstructre which are characteristic of cheap steel.

Our steel comes from this American company: http://www.niagaralasalle.com/
    They supply just about every American made bar manufacturer with bar stock.

Rogue bars are:
    -machined in the Midwest
    -sleeves and shafts are bright zinced in the Midwest
    -bushings come from the Midwest (needle bearings come from Germany)
    -caps are stamped in the Midwest
    -assembled in the Midwest

Doesn't get any more American than that.

The Burner bar is a stripped down bare bones bar. We removed the protective coatings to save money and allow someone on a $200 budget to buy a respectable bar than can handle some weight. We designed the Beater bar to be a US made bar that competes with the Chinese bars that are selling in that price range. The margin on these bars is extremely low and I would love to have the Chinese margins!

Yes, our bars that cost $255 have a lifetime guarantee against bending. If you bend it we replace it within 24 hours. Some people cannot comprehend that we do this, how we do it or why we do it.

Shoot me an email: kris@roguefitness.com I'd like to order one of those bars.

I'm not as knowledgeable in Chinese bars, partly because we don't stock them and partly because most of the one's I've seen and tested are junk so I prefer to not spend much time on them.

Let the technical data speak. This is the lab I use to get bar properties:

http://www.a-labcorp.com/

It's a great independent lab that I used during my former job as a brake design engineer for an aerospace company. Emil Lester is my contact there. I have tested everything from low end bars to high end Eleiko and Ivanko. I have them do the following tests:

1) Chemical,
    2) Tensile
    3) Hardness
    4) Microstructure

Here is what all the Chinese bars I've tested have in common: low tensile strength and poor microstructre which are characteristic of cheap steel.

Our steel comes from this American company: http://www.niagaralasalle.com/
    They supply just about every American made bar manufacturer with bar stock.

Rogue bars are:
    -machined in the Midwest
    -sleeves and shafts are bright zinced in the Midwest
    -bushings come from the Midwest (needle bearings come from Germany)
    -caps are stamped in the Midwest
    -assembled in the Midwest

Doesn't get any more American than that.

The Burner bar is a stripped down bare bones bar. We removed the protective coatings to save money and allow someone on a $200 budget to buy a respectable bar than can handle some weight. We designed the Beater bar to be a US made bar that competes with the Chinese bars that are selling in that price range. The margin on these bars is extremely low and I would love to have the Chinese margins!

Yes, our bars that cost $255 have a lifetime guarantee against bending. If you bend it we replace it within 24 hours. Some people cannot comprehend that we do this, how we do it or why we do it.

Shoot me an email: kris@roguefitness.com I'd like to order one of those bars.
    Finally, a equipment seller, with respect for other companies and knowledge about what they sell rather than just knowing what a specs sheet says. My hat is off to you!

My one concern with the bar you mentioned is rust. I understand you can do preventative maintenance, but when is the last time you met someone who buys a cheaper bar who actually does that maintenance against rust. Not taking a shot at the bar, I just believe good bar, bad bar, cheap or expensive, most people do not understand the importance of bar maintenance.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bumping this thread too.

Lots of great bar info from CFF and Kbdub...

Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hifihunter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    Bumping this thread too.

Lots of great bar info from CFF and Kbdub...

How about the Hampton 700 Lb. Bars? They can be had for under $200.