Thread: Helllppppp.

ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Helllppppp.

OKay, so im highly frustrated.

i do not have a skin caliper, or a scale with bf% on it( used to, but not nemore)..

anyways, i decided to do the circumference method.

i entered all my stats and measurements.. and then it said it was negative body fat %!!

im bout to lose my mind!

i need to know, because i am competing in November, and i need to know so i know how much more dieting i need to do, or bulking.. or whatever. and how much i need to eat.

my measurements are as follows:
    Height: 5'7 or 67 inches.

ABS(waist)- 21 in.
    HIPS- 34 in.
    & neck.. 16 in.

those may be .5 off, but thats it.. pretty accurate.. ive measured number of times.

if anyone could help me out here, id really appreciate it!

thanks so much..
    *-Train Hard, Lift Heavy, or GO HOME!! *-

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't even worry about it. The only way to know your true bodyfat % is dissection...and even then it's only a number...and tells you nothing of how you actually look (which is what really matters on stage) What difference would it really make? Check out pictures of winning competitors in your class (figure? fitness? bb'ing?). If you aren't as lean as them, KEEP DIETING.

Let the mirror and the scale be your guides...not a bullsh*t bf% calculator.

ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambeeg3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks!! Ive always been told that about the scales, because of muscle. But i do look at thempeople in figure and bodybuilding), and im bout as lean as them, and im 6 months out. I dont wanna keep leaning out too much right now.. because i know its not healthy to be lean for a long period of time... so if i was to continue with it, i would probably be as lean as them in a few weeks.. and i have 6 months.. so thats where im stumped.

bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well hell...if you're already lean enough then just pick a closer show!

w/ the amount of time you have until the November show i think you can afford to have a brief and VERY lean offseason. i'd say get yourself in a slight caloric surplus, lift heavy and hard focusing on whatever your percieved weak points are, then get right back into the diet w/ plenty of time to shape back up for the show.

Thats what i was thinking about doing, but i would freeaak out. I know nothing about posing, dont have an outfit, have no idea about ANYTHING. this is my first competition, so im still looking for a figure coach that i can AFFORD. so i think november is a good choice for me right now. But thanks soooo much ya'll .

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post some pictures of your current condition?
    ^_^

ok here we go..
    Attached Images

posted pics above.. ^^

DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you need some full body pictures to access your condition, whats your weight at now?

justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you want to know that bad, find a bod pod in your area. the one in my area charges $60 to measure you. depends on how bad you want to know i guess

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As I suggested the last time you posted... I would HIGHLY recommend spending atleast a couple of months trying to put on as much muscle as you can before the show. Youre 6 months out from the show now... thats 24 weeks. If I were you I would take 8 weeks, eat at maintenance, make sure you're eating ATLEAST your body weight in grams of protein each day, and give it hell in the weight room. 8 weeks really isn't enough time to put on any serious muscle but atleast you won't be losing any over the next 6 months before the show by lifting heavy and eating at maintenance. Then you'll have a good 16 weeks to cut. If its your first cut 16 weeks is going to be cutting it close hower I really do think the 8 weeks of HEAVY weights will benefit you. Just my 2 cents.
    If it's to be it's up to me....

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder

betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am with Cassiegose. What little I can see from your pics....and also your saying you haven't competed before, I would definitely use everything you have to gain as much muscle as possible B4 you do figure. Figure really will require you to have quite a bit of muscle to be competitive.

One thing you could potentially do is enter a bikini division in an upcoming show B4 you do Figure in November....this would accomplish several things. Give you some good backstage experience, some on stage experience, some interaction with others who are succesful in Figure...really good hands on stuff. All you need to do is get a cute bikini. You could utilize the plan of gaining muscle and not doing much of anything different to jump in and do bikini...assuming you are in shape to do this comfortably. Again, can't really see with your pics. The other thing you can do....is to go attend a few Figure shows between now and then. There is SO much to be said for this, if you haven't done it yet.

Take your time and become prepared for your November Figure competition meanwhile. You want to feel prepared as possible, IMO. Best of luck!
    I love Anthony Scott

Originally Posted by DKH8 View Post
    you need some full body pictures to access your condition, whats your weight at now?

my weight is at 132.

If im trying to put on muscle as much as possible, how much cardio do i need to be doing?

Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think your measurements are off regardless. I am 5'7" 117lbs, stage ready, and my waist isn't 21 inches! That's scary small.
    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DKH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would keep the cardio around 3-4 days per and only at 30min per session and up the cals to maintenance. Theres no point in "bulking" as a natural woman or man muscle comes VERY slow (5-10lbs a year) so eight weeks wont make a big difference. You need to start practicing everything that goes along with figure right now. I would say you should diet for 16-18 weeks at a slow pace when you do start the prep.

Originally Posted by Cnstnce View Post
    I think your measurements are off regardless. I am 5'7" 117lbs, stage ready, and my waist isn't 21 inches! That's scary small.
    that is really small! I just saw your measurements, a 16in neck ???

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ambeeg3 View Post
    If im trying to put on muscle as much as possible, how much cardio do i need to be doing?
    If you're actually going to try to put on some muscle then (as I said in the last thread) I wouldn't do more than 2-3 days per week. Doing a $hit load of cardio is going to be counterproductive for bulking as your body will be burning much needed energy on the cardio instead of towards muscle growth. Honestly if I were you I would lift HARD AND HEAVY 4 days per week then do 2 days of cardio (on none weight days) and take one day off each week.

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder

Honestly, based on the pictures, I think you need to spend a good deal more time packing on muscle before you jump into a competition. Figure competitors are actually quite impressively muscular and many even resemble bodybuilders in their offseason. Just check out some of the ladies around these boards that compete. I'd be willing to bet that most have put in years and years of heavy lifting and eating before they attempted to diet down for a show.

I don't mean to discourage you, but there seems to be a trend of girls jumping into figure competitions WAY before they are ready and not liking what they see on stage. Having a nice beach body IS NOT the same thing as having a competitive figure physique. It just won't hold up on stage against ladies w/ significant amounts of dense muscle.

My advice would be to formulate a bulking diet (w/ protein around 1g/lb bodyweight) that allows you to gain weight at a nice steady pace (a few lbs a month maybe). Lift HEAVY. Set up your routine around the main compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, presses, pullups, and dips. ONLY DO ENOUGH CARDIO TO KEEP YOURSELF IN GOOD CARDIOVASCULAR SHAPE. Maybe just 2-3 session per week. Too much cardio will detract from your ability to add muscle mass.

Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    Honestly, based on the pictures, I think you need to spend a good deal more time packing on muscle before you jump into a competition. Figure competitors are actually quite impressively muscular and many even resemble bodybuilders in their offseason. Just check out some of the ladies around these boards that compete. I'd be willing to bet that most have put in years and years of heavy lifting and eating before they attempted to diet down for a show.

I don't mean to discourage you, but there seems to be a trend of girls jumping into figure competitions WAY before they are ready and not liking what they see on stage. Having a nice beach body IS NOT the same thing as having a competitive figure physique. It just won't hold up on stage against ladies w/ significant amounts of dense muscle.

My advice would be to formulate a bulking diet (w/ protein around 1g/lb bodyweight) that allows you to gain weight at a nice steady pace (a few lbs a month maybe). Lift HEAVY. Set up your routine around the main compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, presses, pullups, and dips. ONLY DO ENOUGH CARDIO TO KEEP YOURSELF IN GOOD CARDIOVASCULAR SHAPE. Maybe just 2-3 session per week. Too much cardio will detract from your ability to add muscle mass.
    I agree with this as well if you want to be more competitive during the competition. If you go this route I would take a year off to put on some quality muscle. Or you can just do this show and see what figure is like but dont have extremely high expectations on winning since its your first showing.

Thanks so much ya'll for the comments.

- As for my waist, it is 21 inches.. that is around my abdomen, not my hips.. the biggest part of my waist.. the hips are 34.. but the smallest part of my waist is 21.. which i was told is the actual "waist" and hips are measured seperately. I dont know if thats still crazy small? but my waist is crazy small. ive never gained weight in that area.. my upper body is majorly small.. including my stomach.. my weight always goes to lower body.. if i do ever gain any.

-- i might actually consider doing bikini now after listening to all of you'lls coments, i know they dont have as much muscle as figure, and are just pretty much lean, so i will have plenty of time to maybe put on a LITTLE more muscle, and then lean out a good bit for the show. this way, i can get on stage and be used to it, and see how it goes. What do you'll think???

as of now, i guess i will be taking the next 8 weeks to put on muscle, and then around 16 weeks to lean out.

sound right?

Thanks so much ya'll for the comments.

- As for my waist, it is 21 inches.. that is around my abdomen, not my hips.. the biggest part of my waist.. the hips are 34.. but the smallest part of my waist is 21.. which i was told is the actual "waist" and hips are measured seperately. I dont know if thats still crazy small? but my waist is crazy small. ive never gained weight in that area.. my upper body is majorly small.. including my stomach.. my weight always goes to lower body.. if i do ever gain any.

-- i might actually consider doing bikini now after listening to all of you'lls coments, i know they dont have as much muscle as figure, and are just pretty much lean, so i will have plenty of time to maybe put on a LITTLE more muscle, and then lean out a good bit for the show. this way, i can get on stage and be used to it, and see how it goes. What do you'll think???

as of now, i guess i will be taking the next 8 weeks to put on muscle, and then around 16 weeks to lean out.

sound right?
    AND for the next 8 weeks limit cardio and REALLY hit those weights HARD. If I were you I would use the next 8 weeks to get into the habit of journaling, measuring, and weighing food also if you aren't already doing it. Track calories/carbs/fat/protein also... this will be a huge pain but will really help you to begin to understand how your body responds to different macros so that when you begin your cut you'll already have a good understanding of how your body responds to different food groups.

As I said before, you most likely won't put on a ton of muscle but atleast by eating at maintenance and limiting the cardio you'll get your metabolism firing (if its not already) which should help immensly when you begin your cut.

Here are some pics of me in bikini.. you can tell A LOT more what i look like..

feedback please.
    Attached Images

betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Need to build a lot of muscle...delts, lats arms...really still can't tell much from those bcuz they are blurry. But as was said, Figure is really demanding a lot of muscle. You will need to build some muscle, muscle density to your frame for sure.
    I love Anthony Scott

I am a cardio fanatic however, i have to do it around 5-6 times per week, its like a drug for me, (im still recovering from excercise bulemia..).. so if i do keep that up, i just need to increase cals correct?? i think maintenence for me is like 1800.

I am a cardio fanatic however, i have to do it around 5-6 times per week, its like a drug for me, (im still recovering from excercise bulemia..).. so if i do keep that up, i just need to increase cals correct?? i think maintenence for me is like 1800.
    Just keep carbs high if you are doing the cardio. Your pics are blurry and way too dark and you need to clean your room Try getting someone to take a pic of you against a wall and with the flash on

ha, thanks, i meant to say" excuse the room", and i will. i just clean it up, and its destroyed in like 2 mins by my 2 year old.. ha. i will get some pics up against a wall, thats just all i could do right now, my husband is at work.. and not sure how he would feel about taking pics like that to put on the internet.. actually. so i just did it myself