HowToSexy.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Questions about The Female Training Bible

Using my hubby's account to post this.

Just read bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm

1.) There seems to be only one workout for the upper back? Is that right?

2.) Also not much for abs and nothing I see on inner/outer thighs? Usually do 300 to 400 crunches or ab related reps a day! Should I still do these?

3.) On the decline crunches, ball crunches, hyper extensions should I be doing with weights?

4.) Does it matter on given day if these are done in the order indicated? Sometimes machines are busy at my gym and I would like to keep moving.

Also I see it is recommended that I do cardio (HIIT) in the morning and weights in the evening. I have 4 small kids so if it doesnt happen before noon, it usually doesnt happen. Can I combine into one workout and if so should cardio or the weights come first.

Just so you know I am very active, working out and running 5k/10k for about 10 years. I workout high reps 5 or 6 days a week and run 6 days a week. I was interested in trying this program to really cut and prepare for a couple weddings we are going to this summer.

My goal is to tone and cut and maybe build more muscle. I have already lost all the weight from my 4th baby last november, I am 110lbs. I was about 120 before this baby and in the best shape of my life.

All advise is much appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Mrs. Sexy

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HowToSexy.com View Post
    Using my hubby's account to post this.

Just read bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm

1.) There seems to be only one workout for the upper back? Is that right?

2.) Also not much for abs and nothing I see on inner/outer thighs? Usually do 300 to 400 crunches or ab related reps a day! Should I still do these?

3.) On the decline crunches, ball crunches, hyper extensions should I be doing with weights?

4.) Does it matter on given day if these are done in the order indicated? Sometimes machines are busy at my gym and I would like to keep moving.

Also I see it is recommended that I do cardio (HIIT) in the morning and weights in the evening. I have 4 small kids so if it doesnt happen before noon, it usually doesnt happen. Can I combine into one workout and if so should cardio or the weights come first.

Just so you know I am very active, working out and running 5k/10k for about 10 years. I workout high reps 5 or 6 days a week and run 6 days a week. I was interested in trying this program to really cut and prepare for a couple weddings we are going to this summer.

My goal is to tone and cut and maybe build more muscle. I have already lost all the weight from my 4th baby last november, I am 110lbs. I was about 120 before this baby and in the best shape of my life.

All advise is much appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Mrs. Sexy
    First, you really need to get a handle on your goal. Tone and gain muscle are the same thing. While you might as a newbie gain muscle while eating at a deficit, it is harder to do. So assuming you want to lose even more body fat while keeping your muscles (and maybe luckily build more) you will need to drastically change your workouts around. Yes that is a good workout. Since it's an upper/lower split you'll only do one back exercise a session. But back will be hit twice a week. It's all of your running that can be a problem. It is not conducive to muscle gains or preventing muscle loss. Cut it back. Your ab work is unnecessary. It's a small muscle that does not need to be hit every day or for so many reps. Abs will be worked indirectly with the other exercises you will be doing. I'd only do one of those exercises with weights. If that. No need to directly target inner/outer thighs when you're doing squats either. Order does matter as you need to do the compound/largest muscle groups first. Always do weights first and dump the high reps for the 6-12 rep range. Lift heavy and strive to increase the weights.

How tall are you? At your weight you may have already lost too muscle muscle mass and think that further fat loss is needed. It may be that what you need is more muscle. Not a leaning out diet.

krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    First, you really need to get a handle on your goal. Tone and gain muscle are the same thing. While you might as a newbie gain muscle while eating at a deficit, it is harder to do. So assuming you want to lose even more body fat while keeping your muscles (and maybe luckily build more) you will need to drastically change your workouts around. Yes that is a good workout. Since it's an upper/lower split you'll only do one back exercise a session. But back will be hit twice a week. It's all of your running that can be a problem. It is not conducive to muscle gains or preventing muscle loss. Cut it back. Your ab work is unnecessary. It's a small muscle that does not need to be hit every day or for so many reps. Abs will be worked indirectly with the other exercises you will be doing. I'd only do one of those exercises with weights. If that. No need to directly target inner/outer thighs when you're doing squats either. Order does matter as you need to do the compound/largest muscle groups first. Always do weights first and dump the high reps for the 6-12 rep range. Lift heavy and strive to increase the weights.

How tall are you? At your weight you may have already lost too muscle muscle mass and think that further fat loss is needed. It may be that what you need is more muscle. Not a leaning out diet.
    ^^This.
    The vision of a champion is someone drenched in sweat, bent over from exhaustion, when no one else is watching. ~Anson Dorrance