Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XeNoN89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People who are saying its nearly all technique are right, i used to be 126lbs before starting gym, even at that pathetic weight i threw a more powerful punch than a lot of people bigger than me.

randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TSCM007 View Post
    Its the way you train... they train their CNS with heavy oly lifts and power movements. More muscle WILL slow you down, but you can train in ways to keep that reduction to a minimum.

And tyson was NOT that big when he was 14.... he weight trained... your a moron if you think otherwise. He added a solid 60-70 lbs of pure lean muscle in his early career.
    tyson didn't lift weights that much until after his prime/ loss to douglas. you can see after prison he's more muscular and ripped. he says this himself, many times. and at 14-15 he's 190-200 lbs, and muscular already. teddy atlas says he was 190 lbs at 12 yrs old, 1st walking in. teddy atlas is not a bullshtr.. if not 190 lbs, probably close. if tyson lifted, he didn't need to lift much to get to his size. watch amateur vids when hes 13-15, he's almost the same size when he's a pro.

CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Hat View Post
    The other guy was on about adding mass you moron. Tyson was about 200lbs when he was 14, knocking out grown men. When cus trained him he did not weight train. Only towards the end of his career, get your facts right. In his prime he was about 215-220lbs.

This thread is full of idiots, you wana punch hard through weight training????

You wana punch hard, get a heavy bag, learn to punch right. Then hit it as hard as you can daily.
    Yup.
    That is how they train you to punch hard.
    Hours and hours on the heavy bag.
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.
    Intent to penetrate Crew.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kitchen-Dining-Potholders/zgbs/kitchen/678537011

TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    The other guy was on about adding mass you moron. Tyson was about 200lbs when he was 14, knocking out grown men. When cus trained him he did not weight train. Only towards the end of his career, get your facts right. In his prime he was about 215-220lbs.

This thread is full of idiots, you wana punch hard through weight training????

You wana punch hard, get a heavy bag, learn to punch right. Then hit it as hard as you can daily.
    Tyson was 200 lbs, and CHUNKY at that age... get YOUR facts straight. I probably know 10x more about fighting than yourself.. and i already know how to throw a really hard punch. im quite confident i can knock most people out with a single punch.

Weight training will supplement your routine, when did i say you were going to get harder punches through weight training?? You get harder punches by PUNCHING. Like i said, its all technique, and kinetic linking..

Ya i guess he never touched a barbell.

At the end of the day, Heavyweights hit harder than featherweights... there is nothing you can do or say that will debunk that. All areas of body development are vital for the pro fighter.
    Last edited by TSCM007; 05-02-2010 at 08:33 AM.

mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wsuwarrior View Post
    You tards are thinking wayyy to much about this, as usual.

That simple answer is yes, a stronger version of you will punch harder than a weaker version of you.

Former boxer checking in here. Your right about this if your talking average dude with no extensive training, lets just take your average bar brawler, a bigger version will have him hitting harder then a smaller version. But compare that average bar fighter gaining 20 lbs to go to 200 lbs, compared to boxer, martial artist of any discilpline that trains strikes, that guy at 180 lbs will hit harder because of technique.

When watching boxing, youll sometimes here the analyst say this guy doesnt have great punching power, yes maybe not against the level of guys he's facing in the ring, but his "weak" punching power would still hurt the average guy sitting at home watching tv.

The muslces that effect punching power are listed in importance.

1. Legs
    2. Shoulders
    3. back
    4. Forearms
    5. Chest (train for explosivness) which is why you see a lot of boxers doing pushups/handclaps
    6. Bis
    7. Tris 6&7 could be interchangeable

Not necessarily size of the muscles either, good conditioned muscles, well balanced built body would better suit a person, take all that throw in some good hip rotation, get your body behind your punch and your knocking fools out like nothing.
    Native warrior on the streets and in the sheets.

Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MightyMouse84 View Post
    But technique at the end of the day will make or break your punches.

Weight will always make a punch harder (within reason) but technique will have a 170lb guy punching harder than a 200lb guy.... sh!t, go scope some old buce lee "1inch punch" vids (no gay).
    this.

you either know how to punch, or you dont. i lol at people who put on weight, than magically think they learned how to fight. i really lol when said person gets murked by a skinny twig who knows how to scrap.

Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tyson was 200 lbs, and CHUNKY at that age... get YOUR facts straight. I probably know 10x more about fighting than yourself.. and i already know how to throw a really hard punch. im quite confident i can knock most people out with a single punch.

Weight training will supplement your routine, when did i say you were going to get harder punches through weight training?? You get harder punches by PUNCHING. Like i said, its all technique, and kinetic linking..

Ya i guess he never touched a barbell.

God I can see why your in the red. An internet warrior as well. I don't care you know 10x more about fighting, ive been boxing for 3 years

Heres tyson at 15

Fighting in the HW amatuers, doesnt look fat to me. Cus never really let him touch weights. Tyson only used them really near the end of his career, as I said before

MJ= Jordan, not Jackson mjfan12's Avatar
    mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by slimjimmacdim View Post
    thing is guys in a real life scrap you aitn gonna get to do full techinque proper punches...you will just be throwing your fists about...so in that situation mass is more important or agility, speed?
    I train on and off and am not as serious as i need to be. even i have the proper technique ingrained in my brain. it takes a 10th of a second to do, not any slower than throwing a lame haymaker.

not only do you have max power with your whole body, the punch will come out straight instead of curved so it will reach the other guy faster. basic physics.

SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) SangreDeReyes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    legs and obliques (srs)

slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by mjfan12 View Post
    I train on and off and am not as serious as i need to be. even i have the proper technique ingrained in my brain. it takes a 10th of a second to do, not any slower than throwing a lame haymaker.

not only do you have max power with your whole body, the punch will come out straight instead of curved so it will reach the other guy faster. basic physics.
    punching straight is better than hooking?

Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mdmass06 View Post
    Former boxer checking in here. Your right about this if your talking average dude with no extensive training, lets just take your average bar brawler, a bigger version will have him hitting harder then a smaller version. But compare that average bar fighter gaining 20 lbs to go to 200 lbs, compared to boxer, martial artist of any discilpline that trains strikes, that guy at 180 lbs will hit harder because of technique.

When watching boxing, youll sometimes here the analyst say this guy doesnt have great punching power, yes maybe not against the level of guys he's facing in the ring, but his "weak" punching power would still hurt the average guy sitting at home watching tv.

1. Legs
    2. Shoulders
    3. back
    4. Forearms
    5. Chest (train for explosivness) which is why you see a lot of boxers doing pushups/handclaps
    6. Bis

Not necessarily size of the muscles either, good conditioned muscles, well balanced built body would better suit a person, take all that throw in some good hip rotation, get your body behind your punch and your knocking fools out like nothing.
    i think hip roatation is fairly important, and deserve their own number. it also helps in 'loading up' your next punch

mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    i think hip roatation is fairly important, and deserve their own number. it also helps in 'loading up' your next punch

yeah thats what I meant, I didnt list it cuz I was breaking down muscle groups, thats why I said take all that (meaning all the conditioned muscle groups) with good hip rotation and your knocking fools out. Yes definitely need the rotation and getting behind your punches to succeed.
    Last edited by mdmass06; 05-02-2010 at 08:44 AM.

danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000) danno25nh is just really nice. (+1000)
    thing is guys in a real life scrap you aitn gonna get to do full techinque proper punches...you will just be throwing your fists about...so in that situation mass is more important or agility, speed?
    Please walk up to me in a bar, preferably with $1000 in your pocket, and test this theory.

A trained fighter will not regress to flailing wildly. He will giggle like a school girl right before he sets you up for a combo that will send you home crying to mommy after you wake up.

A trained fighter that spends time in the ring will actually fall back on his training and punch you properly, you won't see it coming and you will fall down. This is why we train so long and hard. It becomes instinct to throw the punch properly. It's this neat thing called muscle memory.

If you're trying to become a badass then get into the ring with a proper trainer and spend a few thousand hours hitting and being hit.

TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TSCM007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you can generate more power with a straight punch that a hook, for the most part.

The longer the range, the harder the punch, as it constantly adds g-force while its being thrown... if it takes longer to land, and its still extending, then it has more force added to it.

Physics 101.

Originally Posted by danno25nh View Post
    Please walk up to me in a bar, preferably with $1000 in your pocket, and test this theory.

A trained fighter will not regress to flailing wildly. He will giggle like a school girl right before he sets you up for a combo that will send you home crying to mommy after you wake up.

A trained fighter that spends time in the ring will actually fall back on his training and punch you properly, you won't see it coming and you will fall down. This is why we train so long and hard. It becomes instinct to throw the punch properly. It's this neat thing called muscle memory.

If you're trying to become a badass then get into the ring with a proper trainer and spend a few thousand hours hitting and being hit.

lol giggle like a school girl, actually when i read that post your replying too I got a big smile on my face. your 100 percent right, being a former boxer, I actually prefer my "street" opponent to be the agressor. 1. it makes me look better if the cops get called. 2. I am going to counter and pick that wild arm flailing fool apart.

Originally Posted by danno25nh View Post

lol...its nice being able to stun someone (even drop some) with a sharp, crisp jab.

what is with people throwing 36 crazy fists when they get into a fight?

Originally Posted by mdmass06 View Post

1. Legs
    2. Shoulders
    3. back
    4. Forearms
    6. Bis

Back generates more force than the shoulders.. larger and stronger muscle area... their is no Core on your list... which automatically makes it fail. Forearms do not generate much force, they just make sure that your wrists can handle such a force when you need to use it.

The reason so many fighters have big shoulders is because of the need of ridiculous shoulder endurance to box, and to prevent injury, as its the most unstable joint in the body.

MJ= Jordan, not Jackson mjfan12's Avatar
    mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was referring to the wild "looping" haymakers the average drunk guy will throw. Now a proper hook from a guy who knows what he is doing is very powerful and if it connects right will lay a guy out.

looping punches leave your head exposed to a counter.

God I can see why your in the red. An internet warrior as well. I don't care you know 10x more about fighting, ive been boxing for 3 years

Heres tyson at 15

Fighting in the HW amatuers, doesnt look fat to me. Cus never really let him touch weights. Tyson only used them really near the end of his career, as I said before
    We are talking about one fighter here... and hes a genetic freak of nature... we are talking about the rest of us normal folk... weight training (not extensively) will improve your fighting ability.. if you dont think so your a ****ing moron.

Some 120 lb walking twig is not going to have enough power to do anything productive against someone who has weight trained with heavy compounds..

Why do you think wrestlers dominate MMA?

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CementPizza View Post
    You evidently don't understand basic physics and bio-mechanics.

With punching technique is about 98% of the equation.

I was once holding a medicine ball and was workng with a 133 lb pro boxer. He had boxed his whole life. He hit the ball I was holding and knocked the wind out of me and sent me to my knees.

We constantly had new**** big football players and body builders come to the gym and want to box. One out of 10 could only throw a punch you would actually notice in the ring. The coach would laugh because all of them were terrible punchers, horrible fighters etc...

There was only one out of about 40 that came in that was actually able to fight. He was a college football player. He was tall and big, but not huge.

Right, that must be why they have weight classes - because it's all about technique. Again, you used a retarded example, just like the other guy. FOOTBALL players and BODY BUILDERS vs PRO BOXER. All you did was show that technique is important - you didn't show HOW important. Take a 130 pound pro boxer vs another pro boxer who weighs 70 pounds more. If it's all about technique, you wouldn't have weight classes.

Originally Posted by drpurple View Post
    do some research on banana trees...they arent even real trees.

traditionally thai boxers used to do it, because punch bags werent really commonly available...the husk would fall off as they kicked, and they would gather this up, and thats how they made the pads....

its a common selling point to westerners to create an air of "awesome"

Oh, well, gee, if they aren't real "trees" I guess that means they couldn't possible be hard.

slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sure as for trained fighter^^^^^^^^

I mean two non trained fighters start fighting...size and strength is key issue as both have no fighting skills

Anyway, yeh if you know how to and are traiend to punch its like anything...If you try to play guitar and never played before you will be awful...yet a trained guitarist can pick up a guitar anywhere anytime and make it sound good.

I have no clue how to properly punch.

Im not a fighter but Ive been jumped 3 times in my life.

Once some big fat guy punched me in the face once and I felt nothing lmao...

Second time this tall skinny junky punched me like 5 times on the side of the head and eye it was somewhat sore but not that bad, though it was bruised and swollen next day.

CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm getting tired of this thread.

R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kitchen-Dining-Potholders/zgbs/kitchen/678537011

F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say from personal experience, adding muscle/strength in the core, legs, shoulder and chest (for someone who has little strength or muscle mass) will assist in punching strength.

I used to have a weak ass punch, it is a helluva lot stronger now, through training the above muscles (as i got more equipment, and finally a gym membership) made my punch a lot harder.

I'd say training forearm = all you need out of actual arm muscles for fighting and punching.

No expert though, just observations out of my own training.

Registered User SmithMachineGuy's Avatar
    SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    punchers are born, not made.

gaining size on your arms probably won't do much for punching power. Punching power is not generated from the arms. You'd get stronger punches from working on your legs and back. Even then, technique is more important than mass.

Think of Tommy Hearns. The Hitman was a twig, but he punched like a truck.

Back generates more force than the shoulders.. larger and stronger muscle area... their is no Core on your list... which automatically makes it fail. Forearms do not generate much force, they just make sure that your wrists can handle such a force when you need to use it.

The reason so many fighters have big shoulders is because of the need of ridiculous shoulder endurance to box.

lol legs and hip rotation, im sorry I should specified more clearly, just assumed you guys would have figured a strong core with rotation, seeing that a lot of core training especially with boxers focuses on rotation.

Shoulders are more important in punching power majority of the time, back REALLY GETS involved with good solid upper cuts.

Let a softy with weak forearms connect a left hook on your jaw and then let me connect a hook on your jaw and youll see the difference a strong forearms make. If you actually read the post I said the muscles size is NOT whats important, it a well balanced built body, with conditioned muscles. Meaning that every muscle is strong properly trained and well condition.

Originally Posted by AKR View Post
    Right, that must be why they have weight classes - because it's all about technique. Again, you used a retarded example, just like the other guy. FOOTBALL players and BODY BUILDERS vs PRO BOXER. All you did was show that technique is important - you didn't show HOW important. Take a 130 pound pro boxer vs another pro boxer who weighs 70 pounds more. If it's all about technique, you wouldn't have weight classes.
    I know what I'm talking about. I boxed for 5 years.
    Weight classes are important because they assume the same level of technique.
    Just like the amature / vs pro ranks assume the levels of experience.

The idea is simple. Two guys with the same level of experience and the same size are going to have the best match.

That is in boxing proper.

I've seen numerous boxers who were preparing to turn pro go to "tough man" contests for an easy pay day.

160 lb soon to be pro boxers would mow down everyone including the 200lb biker/football player retarded douches.

It is all about technique.

How many hours have you spent in a boxing gym?
    How many pro boxers have you known?
    How many fights have you promoted?
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.

F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F126 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppaapp View Post
    i think its bigger hands. i have really small hands and a weak punch. think of it like the weight of the hammer head. heavier it is the more power it strikes.
    Wouldn't science prove that wrong?

Say a guy with big fists, and a guy with small fist fight. and assume that they both have the same punching power for their hooks, jabs etc.

I learnt that say 100lbs (random number) of pressure in a 3inch (random number for the small fist dudes fist size) would cause more damage that say 100lbs of pressure in 5inch (bigger guys) punch, because in bigger guys punch the damage is spread out than in a certain area.

I learnt the above in school (but with like 100lbs of pressure on a high heel point, and the same on a tank) (was a while ago so i'm most likely forgetting something)

I know what I'm talking about. I boxed for 5 years.
    Weight classes are important because they assume the same level of technique.
    Just like the amature / vs pro ranks assume the levels of experience.

The idea is simple. Two guys with the same level of experience and the same size are going to have the best match.

That is in boxing proper.

I've seen numerous boxers who were preparing to turn pro go to "tough man" contests for an easy pay day.

160 lb soon to be pro boxers would mow down everyone including the 200lb biker/football player retarded douches.

It is all about technique.

How many hours have you spent in a boxing gym?
    How many pro boxers have you known?
    How many fights have you promoted?

same here I cant stand when some of these guys that have never stepped into a ring try and argue about ****.

Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Hat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SmithMachineGuy View Post
    punchers are born, not made.

gaining size on your arms probably won't do much for punching power. Punching power is not generated from the arms. You'd get stronger punches from working on your legs and back. Even then, technique is more important than mass.

Think of Tommy Hearns. The Hitman was a twig, but he punched like a truck.
    Being trying to say that for a while, everyone thinks lifting will turn you into a monster puncher

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm getting tired of this thread.

Getting owned makes you tired, doesn't it?

So, tell me. Why are there weight classes if size doesn't really matter?

Can a 60 pound kid punch as hard as a 180 pound adult if they both have proper technique? lol. gtfo