90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

4th Chest exercise

people say that chest dips will really do wonders for your chest. However, after I do my flat bench, chest flyes, and incline dumbbell bench (cannot elevate barbell bench press) , I have no energy left to even do one pushup.

What is another exercise that I can supplement for pushups and chest dips?

(Use search all that came up was chest dips and pushups)

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 90x View Post
    people say that chest dips will really do wonders for your chest. However, after I do my flat bench, chest flyes, and incline dumbbell bench (cannot elevate barbell bench press) , I have no energy left to even do one pushup.

Why do you not have energy left after three movements?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 90x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Why do you not have energy left after three movements?

cause I'm lifting so god damn hard. Quality lifts.

bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do dips before your flys, without them your not working your lower chest with just those 3 movements
    "I came I saw I conquered"

JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigruss757 View Post
    Do dips before your flys, without them your not working your lower chest with just those 3 movements
    Yeah, I always do flyes last, and i love the stretch at the end!
    Im that kid, Im the kid who lifts more than you with perfect form, Im the kid who leaves his ego before walking to the gym, Im the kid that respects you if you respect him, Now you know me, Im that kid :)

My name is Navid and I've won the 2013 BNBF British Championships at the age of 19.

I rep back Twice (srs) - The best Coder/Designer you will ever find! PM if you need something done (PHP/Ajax/CSS/Mysql) -

Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Well then, you're done. If you've broken down all your chest fibers, trained with intensity, have nothing left in the tank, why would you need more work? Next time, go back and try to beat your previous week's numbers with weights used, or number of reps performed.
    Discipline is only a by product of Desire.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Eat more carbs before you work out. At 15 you should have plenty of energy for dips or pushups after 3 movements. Just keep at it, eventually you'll be knocking weighted dips out.

Good luck!
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AHAHHAHAHHA....great answer.....but what he should have added was: BECAUSE I AM ONLY FREAKIN' FRACKIN' 15 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!

you don't need 4 chest movements...really....in many cases, not necessarily at any age, and most certainly, not at your age....

TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do flat bench 3x dips 2x incline 2x then flyes.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

From where do you get this idea that you need to do 4 chest exercises? 3 is quite enough. If you really want to do dips, replace one of the other exercises with them and rotate between what exercises you do from workout to workout.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Flat bench does lower anyway. Try pullovers if you want one other movement. You can hit your chest from different angles with flyes too. Cable flyes with arms at different positions, back at different positions. Youll figure it out.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    AHAHHAHAHHA....great answer.....but what he should have added was: BECAUSE I AM ONLY FREAKIN' FRACKIN' 15 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!

you don't need 4 chest movements...really....in many cases, not necessarily at any age, and most certainly, not at your age....
    Lulz great reply, i would advice just stick to BW stuff until 16 years of age, i have no scientific basis for this i just think like that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still admirin Xmas brah? BaSsSiKk's Avatar
    BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post

This.

I'd change your routine to:

Incline DB press
    Flat BB Press
    Flyes

In this order.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BaSsSiKk View Post
    This.

I'd change your routine to:

Incline DB press
    Flat BB Press
    Flyes

In this order.
    Good to see you posting in here more, instead of the damn misc.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try flat bench, incline bench, incline flys and pec dec.. I just started using pec dec pausing for 2-3 seconds while flexed it gives a raw pump.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

...uhhh....do your dips 2nd or 3rd? You can progress by moving them down in your routine...
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's my chest workout. It's a bit intense since my main focus is my chest as it's lagging behind some of my other muscle groups. So far it's been working great, seeing some nice results.

Incline Dumbell x4
    Flat bench x4
    Decline bench x4
    Incline flys x4
    Weighted Dips x4
    Pushups as many as i can do x4
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    ...uhhh....do your dips 2nd or 3rd? You can progress by moving them down in your routine...
    there you go using logic again. not allowed here.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JustNavid View Post
    Yeah, I always do flyes last, and i love the stretch at the end!
    Me too! I hold them for three seconds.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000) gonzalohiguain is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do 5 chest exercises and it's working out good for me, I try to switch the first exercise between flat and incline everytime.
    RMCF
    ♚ Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Crew ♛
    The Weeknd is the GOAT artist of this generation crew "XOTWOD"
    MISC Wanderlust crew
    Positive crew
    Electrical and Electronic Engineering crew

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gonzalohiguain View Post
    I do 5 chest exercises and it's working out good for me, I try to switch the first exercise between flat and incline everytime.
    Smith Machine Squat: 225x 8 Goal: 305 x 8
    uhh...
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More likely your pre-workout nutrition is sub-par.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Here's my chest workout. It's a bit intense since my main focus is my chest as it's lagging behind some of my other muscle groups. So far it's been working great, seeing some nice results.

Incline Dumbell x4
    Flat bench x4
    Decline bench x4
    Incline flys x4
    Weighted Dips x4
    bs. my chest would literally rip off if i did that much. 5 compound exercises and one isolation.

JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post

Incline Dumbell x4
    Flat bench x4
    Decline bench x4
    Incline flys x4
    Weighted Dips x4
    I would personally take 2 off and give it all on the rest,

But then, Thats just me.
    Im that kid, Im the kid who lifts more than you with perfect form, Im the kid who leaves his ego before walking to the gym, Im the kid that respects you if you respect him, Now you know me, Im that kid :)

My name is Navid and I've won the 2013 BNBF British Championships at the age of 19.

I rep back Twice (srs) - The best Coder/Designer you will ever find! PM if you need something done (PHP/Ajax/CSS/Mysql) -