Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undestructible will become famous soon enough. (+50)

cardio alternatives to running?

What are some ways I can keep my cardio strong while letting my foot heal from inury?

Running is the purest form of cardio I know and I can't think of anything else.

I don't know how to swim but I am so hell bent on getting in good shape before wrestling season that I will take a stab at it.

Is there anything else that's really intense?

Also, I can't squat or do anything else that puts pressure on my right foot, so what are some other things you can recommend to keep my whole body strong without hurting myself any more...

S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Undestructible View Post
    What are some ways I can keep my cardio strong while letting my foot heal from inury?

I don't know how to swim but I am so hell bent on getting in good shape before wrestling season that I will take a stab at it.

Also, I can't squat or do anything else that puts pressure on my right foot, so what are some other things you can recommend to keep my whole body strong without hurting myself any more...
    Try a row machine and see if it hurts your foot. If not that is a great way to get in some cardio.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

"He that cannot endure the bad will never live to see the good!"

"Confucius says little boy with itchy butt wakes up with stinky fingers."

KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000) KiloNewton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Umm I don't know what you mean by "purest form of cardio" but you will find there are heaps of options for cardio training. Swimming, cycling, kayaking, etc will all train your cardiovascular system effectively and shouldn't hurt your foot.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

kb's for wrestling power/strength

a lot of the coaches i work with use kb's to help with endurance strength. In fact the Vo2max protocol by Kenneth Jay was tested with wrestlers and a world champ in particular.

If you're interested, here's an overview of the protocol and a discussion of the why's and wherefores of the approach.
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/08/rev...g-warrior.html

another high side of KB's is that they also work the grip like mad.

mc

Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Undestructible View Post

Boxing...Hitting a heavy bag or speed bag..there are routines on the supersite that aren't bad...you can even do this on your knees to take pressure off your foot..
    "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

MArunbikeswim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work at a YMCA pool and lots of people come there to get cardio in when they have had injuries and cannot run. We have these foam belts that you can wear around your waist and they make you bouyant enough to actually remain upright in deep water and just simulate your running motion back and forth down the lane. They are called water jog belts. check em out at swimoutlet.com

KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is jumping rope out of the question?

ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElTioMoreno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kevin_Wright View Post
    Ya jumping rope is even better than jogging...at least for myself, plus i read something that its one of the higher end calorie burners even above gameday sports.

osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osgood41 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you could try the elliptical machine, it doesn't put that much pressure on your foot

eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eLiTe_J_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kevin_Wright View Post
    yeah it is

tweismann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your best option is swimming, assuming you can submerge your foot. If you can't swim at all you'll need lessons. If you can swim but can't swim well (read: with technical and biomechanical efficiency) google swim technique and watch videos until you get a good feel for it. Any type of running workout you would do for cardio, sprints, intervals, or low intensity, you can do swimming. I've read in many places that swimming a mile freestyle burns about ~700 cals but don't hold me to that. It's more (or maybe even less) depending on efficiency, personal metrics, and even what you wear (affects drag).

legonds08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legonds08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legonds08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legonds08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legonds08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legonds08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    jump rope

Tim01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your imagination is the limit really.

If most traditional forms of cardio (ie. continuous cyclical sports such as running, swimming, cycling, rowing etc.) are out of the question, then your best bet is probably to design a metabolic resistance training protocol.

You could use any form of resistance (bodyweight, barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells etc.). You will want use fairly high reps with short recoveries. Best results will come from multi-joint exercises that involve large muscle groups - but you will obviously need to base your exercise selection on what will and will not aggravate your injury.

Good luck!
    http://www.sprintstrong.com

clink88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clink88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clink88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clink88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clink88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weight circuit interval training. Machine or dumbell with reasonable weight that you can get a high amount of reps out of (about 12 to 15), and move to each station straight away after a set at each station. Have about 10 stations at least that hit all your body parts, and take a short break then repeat the circuit however many times you want to. That can be a really intense cardio session!

Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You definitely should perform complexes. They don't require that you even move from one position. I personally use them exclusively as a form of cardio, and they far surpass any other thing you might do.

I wish you all the best with you foot.

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Barbell complexes!
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulfrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post
    Barbell complexes!
    Yeah, exactly that, they're unbeatable.

Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aqua jogging...running in water.
    <<STATE QUALIFIER 2008...3200m>>

So I was in the Red because some fcktard didn't like being told he couldn't slap my ass. haha. ok.

........................./´¯/)
    ......................,/¯..//
    ...................../..../ /
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
    .........\.................\/..../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\

redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redstriped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly you should get yourself healthy first, go through your physical therapy or whatever you need to do to get healthy, and then try your best to get conditioned to go into the season.

It's pointless to endure an injury longer by unnecessarily training while injured. I've made the mistake before, I actually fractured my right foot and sprained my ankle one day during rugby...not fun. I was stubborn and tried to train around the injury and it cost me two rugby seasons and a few weeks of physical therapy that could have been prevented if I wasn't stubborn.

thiocfaidh mo lá BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD's Avatar
    BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Ctrainer View Post
    Boxing...Hitting a heavy bag or speed bag..there are routines on the supersite that aren't bad...you can even do this on your knees to take pressure off your foot..
    LOLOLOL

No you can't.

TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rowing would be good, or General Strength Circuits.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119333531

i rep those who post in my log often