VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out 7 days a week? Too much or ok?

Is it fine to work out 7 days a week? I read all the time how it's important to get some rest days. The thing is, I live a very sedentary lifestyle. Aside from my work outs, my job consists of me seating on a chair 8 hours a day. And I don't really do any sports at all.

Currently, I'm doing a 5 days split with the goal of pulverizing the target muscle group that day. Each workout lasts between 45min and 60min:

monday Chest/triceps
    tuesday Back/biceps
    wednesday Core/Abs
    thursday Shoulders
    friday Legs

On saturday, I do a series of 10 exercises 3 times that target the core/chest/legs sort of like circuit training. Bodyweight training only so nothing heavy, but it gets a good sweat out of me. The whole workout lasts exactly 34 min.

On sunday, I was thinking of adding a short 30 min HIIT session.

On top of all of that, 6 days a week I do some pull ups on a pull up bar at home. I'm doing the Recon Ron pull program. My normal workout is around 11am and I do my pull ups around 7pm so theres a good 6-7 hours between my main work out and my pull ups.

Like I said, I don't feel like I'm overtraining because I don't don't jack sh*t the rest of the day.

Opinions?
    Last edited by VKH; 04-27-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I cant think of any athlete or lifter who lifts 7 days a week. Overall, stick to 3-5 days a week.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you answered yourself here

Originally Posted by VKH View Post

If you work out 6 days a week, you might as well do a 4 or 5 day split with a day just for cardio.
    If you're not hurting you're not doing it right.....

My Transformation and Hdrol Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123755751

VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VKH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheMaven View Post
    I think you answered yourself here
    Yea, maybe I'll stick to 6 days a week. But the temptation to work out is just so strong especially when you feel like youre full of energy...

The reason I'm asking is because I see some people posting how they workout like 6 days a week and on top of that they play hockey, bike, swim mountain climb etc etc. I don't do any of that. I just sit of my ass staring at a computer screen. During the week end, I just watch movies all day or do some other stuff that don't require me moving alot.

So I was thinking adding a 30 min HIIT of rope jumping cant hurt right?

But if the experts say that 6 days is optimal, I'll stick with it.