Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

VKH will become famous soon enough. (+50) VKH will become famous soon enough. (+50) VKH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit VKH's BodySpace

Working out 7 days a week? Too much or ok?

Is it fine to work out 7 days a week? I read all the time how it's important to get some rest days. The thing is, I live a very sedentary lifestyle. Aside from my work outs, my job consists of me seating on a chair 8 hours a day. And I don't really do any sports at all.

Currently, I'm doing a 5 days split with the goal of pulverizing the target muscle group that day. Each workout lasts between 45min and 60min:

monday Chest/triceps
    tuesday Back/biceps
    wednesday Core/Abs
    thursday Shoulders
    friday Legs

On saturday, I do a series of 10 exercises 3 times that target the core/chest/legs sort of like circuit training. Bodyweight training only so nothing heavy, but it gets a good sweat out of me. The whole workout lasts exactly 34 min.

On sunday, I was thinking of adding a short 30 min HIIT session.

On top of all of that, 6 days a week I do some pull ups on a pull up bar at home. I'm doing the Recon Ron pull program. My normal workout is around 11am and I do my pull ups around 7pm so theres a good 6-7 hours between my main work out and my pull ups.

Like I said, I don't feel like I'm overtraining because I don't don't jack sh*t the rest of the day.

Opinions?
    Last edited by VKH; 04-27-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 192 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2275
    SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuicideGripMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SuicideGripMe's BodySpace
    I cant think of any athlete or lifter who lifts 7 days a week. Overall, stick to 3-5 days a week.
    http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42659-SuicideReborn-s-Log-Back-to-the-Grind
    **2014 Training Log**

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I’m guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Stats: 5'9", 195 lbs
    TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000) TheMaven is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit TheMaven's BodySpace
    I think you answered yourself here

Originally Posted by VKH View Post

If you work out 6 days a week, you might as well do a 4 or 5 day split with a day just for cardio.
    If you're not hurting you're not doing it right.....

My Transformation and Hdrol Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123755751

VKH will become famous soon enough. (+50) VKH will become famous soon enough. (+50) VKH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit VKH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by TheMaven View Post
    I think you answered yourself here
    Yea, maybe I'll stick to 6 days a week. But the temptation to work out is just so strong especially when you feel like youre full of energy...

The reason I'm asking is because I see some people posting how they workout like 6 days a week and on top of that they play hockey, bike, swim mountain climb etc etc. I don't do any of that. I just sit of my ass staring at a computer screen. During the week end, I just watch movies all day or do some other stuff that don't require me moving alot.

So I was thinking adding a 30 min HIIT of rope jumping cant hurt right?

But if the experts say that 6 days is optimal, I'll stick with it.