Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can you "Bulk" and "Cut" at the same time?

Okay, i know it sounds contradictory, But currently im in a "bulking" phase;
    Eating all the time, working out hard 6 days a week, etc but i was wondering if i could "cut" while also "bulking"

like continue to do everything i do but every couple days or something add in a 1.5 mile run (since im a marine and we do have to run lol)

and take a supplement like astro-phex by BSN so "cut" excessive fat and make me look more lean,cut, etc

would that contradict itself?

i know it might sound like a stupid idea, but i want to contiune to get bigger and stack on weight, i just want it to look more defined and "cut"

hope this post wasn't "too confusing"

anyways, anything positive will be appreciated.

thanks
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

EAT BIG.LIFT BIG.GET BIG.

BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could try what Layne Norton does and bulk for 4-6 weeks and then cut for 2 weeks. he talks about it in this video:

"Your dreams are always going to be the most important to you than they will be to anybody else. So keep dreaming, keep believing, keep pressing forward. So all those warriors out there – be encouraged"

-Kai Greene

Registered User footballstud900's Avatar
    footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    look up carb cycling, ideally you would eat a high fat moderate protien low carb diet and use carbs only for there anabolic effects around workouts etc, this way youd be burning fat/ losing weight most of the time, and then building muscle around your workouts, carbs are great but only at certian times

IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IEINVY_IVIE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just eat big, but supppper clean. I'm gaining weight and strength, but still keeping my stomach flat and losing BF. Just very very strict diet control and healthy eating.
    works for me!
    Bioforge Promax log!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124773121

ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by t.yontz View Post
    Okay, i know it sounds contradictory, But currently im in a "bulking" phase;
    Eating all the time, working out hard 6 days a week, etc but i was wondering if i could "cut" while also "bulking"

like continue to do everything i do but every couple days or something add in a 1.5 mile run (since im a marine and we do have to run lol)

and take a supplement like astro-phex by BSN so "cut" excessive fat and make me look more lean,cut, etc

would that contradict itself?

i know it might sound like a stupid idea, but i want to contiune to get bigger and stack on weight, i just want it to look more defined and "cut"

hope this post wasn't "too confusing"

anyways, anything positive will be appreciated.

thanks
    Can you recomp and look leaner which in turn makes you look bigger? Sure...of course.

Can you gain bulk muscle mass, without gaining ANY fat, furthermore...LOSE fat?

IF YOU'RE ON STEROIDS.

People claim that it's possible naturally, but it's gotta be EXTREMELY difficult to pull that off. Even if you could I don't see it being done for very long. You would have to be in an anabolic state at ALL times which quite frankly isn't a 24/7 thing when you're not juicin.

ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000) ChristianLoving is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IEINVY_IVIE View Post
    Just eat big, but supppper clean. I'm gaining weight and strength, but still keeping my stomach flat and losing BF. Just very very strict diet control and healthy eating.
    works for me!
    What's you're idea of super clean?

Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Technically, you can't cut and bulk at the same time. You can lean bulk which essentially means that you're maintaining a low body fat retention while you bulk. But in order to cut, you have to use more calories than you take in which forces the body to canabalize your fat stores for energy and building blocks. In order to bulk, you've got to take in a mass amount of calories (like 4k+, give or take) and want all of those calories going towards your muscle building. If you're doing enough cardio to put yourself in the negative while bulking, you're essentially cheating yourself on the building process and, thus, not getting the maximum out of what you're wanting.

Its better to just do a clean and lean bulk for a bit and then do a quick cut.
    ...to die is simply to end the cycle of pain

Originally Posted by footballstud900 View Post
    look up carb cycling, ideally you would eat a high fat moderate protien low carb diet and use carbs only for there anabolic effects around workouts etc, this way youd be burning fat/ losing weight most of the time, and then building muscle around your workouts, carbs are great but only at certian times
    This is pretty much the diet my endocrinologist has me on for my medical condition. It really does look better on paper. :-p

t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well as for the whole "clean diet thing" i cant really do that here (in afghanistan)

here we eat a lot of mre's and crap.

i do get care packages though filled with snakcs (fruit snacks, protein bars, nuts, bars, etc)

so i find myself eating a lot of fruit snacks in between meals along with a lot of crackers

(i mean we dont have a store here to buy stuff, so i make due with what i have)

i workout daily and do abs daily too; so it doesnt just sit there and turn into fat.

if i was to take astro-phex while still trying to gain weight and "bulk up"

what would the outcome be? good, ok bad?

because someone sent me some and i dont wanna waste it....
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My simple answer? No, you can't bulk and cut at the same time.

As others have said, you can clean up the diet and be real strict, yet eat for size. That would enable you to drop some water weight and maybe even some fat with your added 1.5m runs. Unfortunately, you can't eat clean since you're out there.

I think its possible to do it, yet its going to be an extremely slow process, almost to the point of a crawl. Taking a fat burning type product while bulking would be waste, IMO, as those supplements only work when your diet is geared towards cutting. Save it for when you can totally concentrate of a cut.

Bulk up and give it 100%. Everyone gains fat on a bulk, its inevitable. Just keep your diet fairly clean with a few cheats here and there. If you start to add too much unwanted weight, clean up the diet a bit more and/or add some cardio in.
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 460 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

So you think i should save the astro-phex until my last month here (10 months from now) and then cut hard right before i head back to California? i mean because once i "cut" and am happy with the results; i wouldnt wanna bulk anymore so it makes sense right?

oh and on that cardio mention; if i started on thursday (like a morning run, and workout in the afternoon) one or twice a week, that wouldnt effect my bulking would it?

thanks for your knowledgable tips too!
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChristianLoving View Post
    What's you're idea of super clean?
    Lots of Oats, whole cuts of meat, beans, sweet potatoes, etc.

No Mc'Donalds, No Snickers bars, No regular soda, No ice-cream, No butter, etc.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

BRB, Bulking Forever. ricohitman's Avatar
    ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You do know this is the supplement section right?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Goals for 2014:
    Deadlift: 505x1
    Squat: 405x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Military Press: 175x1
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Live and die in the squat rack.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i workout daily and do abs daily too; so it doesnt just sit there and turn into fat.
    Your abs are like any other muscle, they need time to recover. Let them rest at least 1 day before working them again.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) De__eB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you should head over to the nutrition section and ask about culking as i believe they call it over there.

Originally Posted by deadpool9 View Post
    Lots of Oats, whole cuts of meat, beans, sweet potatoes, etc.

No Mc'Donalds, No Snickers bars, No regular soda, No ice-cream, No butter, etc.
    Clean enough ;-p

That's a long hard slow lonely road though...lol.

well i usually workout 3 days straight then 1 day off then 3 on 1 off, etc

usually try to squeeze in abs daily; depends on how i feel after working out.

and for dieting; i dont have any of that "good stuff" here so..
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you think i should save the astro-phex until my last month here (10 months from now) and then cut hard right before i head back to California? i mean because once i "cut" and am happy with the results; i wouldnt wanna bulk anymore so it makes sense right?

oh and on that cardio mention; if i started on thursday (like a morning run, and workout in the afternoon) one or twice a week, that wouldnt effect my bulking would it?

thanks for your knowledgable tips too!
    Yeah I would save it for when you're ready to really cut. Otherwise you wouldn't get the most out of the product.

Nah it shouldn't effect your bulking too much. It'll help you stay a bit leaner while adding calories.
    Best Meet Lifts:

www.animalpak.com

nice; thats what i like to hear (the cardio part)
    as for the "fat-burner"

if i take it as needed; will i see good results in a month? or should i cut longer than a month?
    also; while cutting; i do everything the same just dont eat as much right?
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

1. Results will depend on your body type, your diet, and your cardio.
    2. Right. Train the same, just cut back on the calories and clean up the food choices.
    Best Meet Lifts:

www.animalpak.com

yeah well once i start my cutting cycle in eh..10 months lol ill probably work out every other day and run everyday while maintaining a low calorie diet just so i get that more defined look while still being bulked up.
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bulking requires calorie surplus. Cutting requires calorie deficit.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    on steroids or prohormones yes.

but i am convinced most guys CAN gain muscle and lose fat at the same time if they train right and eat clean. most of the untrained population gets extreme noob gains, which can occur while losing fat.

if youve already been training then getting further gains or building much more mass while cutting fat will be much harder naturally.

beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it is impossible to put on weight and lose weight at the same time, I think what you want is a body recomposition (building lean muscle and dropping fatty tissue) very possible
    *ZMA, Superpump MAX, Green Tea Extract, Garlic Extract, Fish Oil, Joint Supp.*

Come at Me!!!

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by beerbaron105 View Post
    it is impossible to put on weight and lose weight at the same time, I think what you want is a body recomposition (building lean muscle and dropping fatty tissue) very possible
    Possible but not easy.
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

YES, build lean cut muscle and lose excess fat around legs, gut, chest, etc

will whats posted above work?

bulk for xxxx time

then cut for xxx time after

i mean you have to bulk to get big; then once you're big you "cut" so "tone\sculpt everything" right?
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Messs7381 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He knows its the supp section, he keeps mentioning atro-phex, & no1 is responding to that. Dont know what it is or how it works, but im sure some people can help you here..

And i wouldnt be worried about having a couple 1.5 mile runs affecting your bulking..IMO.

♠ CONQUERING BARBELL ♠ audieswu's Avatar
    audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^This but will take some time before achieving the results you want. You also have to keep your diet in check (eating clean) and eat at maintenance level. Also, lift heavy ass weights.
    CONQUERING BARBELL
    www.conqueringbarbell.com

DUP Training Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154586623

***Powerlifter Crew***

Instagram: Conquertheweights

Originally Posted by audieswu View Post
    ^^^This but will take some time before achieving the results you want. You also have to keep your diet in check (eating clean) and eat at maintenance level. Also, lift heavy ass weights.

yeah thats what i was told before; eat big, lift big, get big

as for eating at a "maintenance level" does that mean cutting caloric intake in half?

i.e. if im eating 4k calories a day now; 2k calories a day for maintenance?

im new to all of this; but im a quick learner and want to become as knowledgeable as possible.
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yeah thats what i was told before; eat big, lift big, get big

as for eating at a "maintenance level" does that mean cutting caloric intake in half?

i.e. if im eating 4k calories a day now; 2k calories a day for maintenance?

im new to all of this; but im a quick learner and want to become as knowledgeable as possible.
    Maintenance level is how many calories you need to eat each day in order to stay exactly as you are, no gain in weight, no loss of weight. For most people this is in the range of 12-15kcals per lb of bodyweight. Of course there are those with certain genetics who maintain on much lower or much higher than this level.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun