Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aszbaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation 16 Years old looking for most effective ways to gain muscle?

First off id just like to say hi to everyone seeing as im new

Im 16, and ive been to the gym on and off since last year - I really did try, but we kept moving back and forth from my grandma's house because my parent's work commitments and ive recently been told im moving again :/

The good thing is im moving permanently, and my new location has a massive choice of gyms and health clubs to choose from.

Im not asking for any magical diet and fitness plan with stupid aims like 'What do I do to get ripped and gain 40lbs of muscles in 6 weeks', I understand that it can take years to build muscle.

I dont have any target in all honesty, but my aim is to gain as much muscle as i can on my upper body and legs and try and tone up and lose some fat. I dont mind how long it takes, but ive noticed I tend to put on muscle very quickly anyway.

Im about 5ft10/11ish, around 11.5/12 stone and ive got an athletic figure (Toned/ Muscular all over, wide shoulders and a slim waist). My dad and all the men in his family put on muscle very fast, but we all tend to have trouble losing fat.

I dont put on fat very easily as ive got a very high metabolism, but ive always had trouble losing the tiny bit of fat I have.

I was recently told to try and put on as much fat as possible as I need a fair amount to put on muscle properly, and ive put on about half a stone but ive noticed ive lost alot of muscle!!

So heres what I want to do, and I really do need alot of help and advice doing it:

- I want to put on as much muscle as i can on my shoulders, back, abs, chest, and arms.
    - I want to try and lose some of the fat around my waist and on my ass (yeah, it ALL goes straight to my ass!!) enough for my abs to show through fairly nicely once they beef up
    - And I want to try and train my abs as much as I can. Ive always had trouble with this, I cramp up very fast when I try and do sit ups

Id love to get fairly big with a 6 pack, but not overly huge, and I dont mind how long it takes.

Ive been researching alot of supplements, and ive kept well away from any which have any serious side effects (Ive read about some side effects in creatine and id prefer to stay away). The best ones Ive found are Amino acid supplements along with protein shakes, im wondering what people have to say about them:

-Arginine
    -Ornithine
    -Carnitine
    -Glutamine

Ive been told by my friend (Hes 18 now and hes been kickboxing for 9 years) to take them along with a glass of water or juice and some boiled egg whites around 15 minutes before my workout and have a Nurishment (those protein shakes you get from the newsagents in the UK) straight after my workout.

So thats about it Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it!
    You know you want me ;D

Originally Posted by Aszbaz View Post

Im 16, and ive been to the gym on and off since last year - I really did try, but we kept moving back and forth from my grandma's house because my parent's work commitments and ive recently been told im moving again :/

The good thing is im moving permanently, and my new location has a massive choice of gyms and health clubs to choose from.

Im not asking for any magical diet and fitness plan with stupid aims like 'What do I do to get ripped and gain 40lbs of muscles in 6 weeks', I understand that it can take years to build muscle.

I dont have any target in all honesty, but my aim is to gain as much muscle as i can on my upper body and legs and try and tone up and lose some fat. I dont mind how long it takes, but ive noticed I tend to put on muscle very quickly anyway.

Im about 5ft10/11ish, around 11.5/12 stone and ive got an athletic figure (Toned/ Muscular all over, wide shoulders and a slim waist). My dad and all the men in his family put on muscle very fast, but we all tend to have trouble losing fat.

I dont put on fat very easily as ive got a very high metabolism, but ive always had trouble losing the tiny bit of fat I have.

I was recently told to try and put on as much fat as possible as I need a fair amount to put on muscle properly, and ive put on about half a stone but ive noticed ive lost alot of muscle!!

So heres what I want to do, and I really do need alot of help and advice doing it:

- I want to put on as much muscle as i can on my shoulders, back, abs, chest, and arms.
    - I want to try and lose some of the fat around my waist and on my ass (yeah, it ALL goes straight to my ass!!) enough for my abs to show through fairly nicely once they beef up
    - And I want to try and train my abs as much as I can. Ive always had trouble with this, I cramp up very fast when I try and do sit ups

Id love to get fairly big with a 6 pack, but not overly huge, and I dont mind how long it takes.

Ive been researching alot of supplements, and ive kept well away from any which have any serious side effects (Ive read about some side effects in creatine and id prefer to stay away). The best ones Ive found are Amino acid supplements along with protein shakes, im wondering what people have to say about them:

-Arginine
    -Ornithine
    -Carnitine
    -Glutamine

Ive been told by my friend (Hes 18 now and hes been kickboxing for 9 years) to take them along with a glass of water or juice and some boiled egg whites around 15 minutes before my workout and have a Nurishment (those protein shakes you get from the newsagents in the UK) straight after my workout.

P.S Sorry if I broke any rules, i tried to read them but i couldnt find them D:
    You know you want me ;D

sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sb8160 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "I was recently told to try and put on as much fat as possible as I need a fair amount to put on muscle properly"

EXTREMELY UNTRUE.... you dont need fat to put on muscle and whoever told you fat turns into muscle lied. And if you are looking to gain some muscle you should eat 500 calories more than your maintenance and workout 3-4 times a week and 2 cardio MAX

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat, sleep, train.

Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ro-bain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there are many routines/workouts you can choose that are already made, where people have gained a nice amount of mass:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm

If your worried about the fat that is hard to get rid of, try doing cardio after your workouts, you don't need to do it every workout, but just a few times here and there.

And don't think that because your working out hard, means that you can eat whatever you want. You should really stick to a clean bulk, put on some lean muscle while maintaining that fat your concerned about.
    I IZ HUGE

Gaspari Nutrition Athlete QuadzillaD's Avatar
    QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    EAT EAT EAT EAT! SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP! Eat all clean meals, but BIG! Steak, chicken, sweet potatos, rice, pasta. And train your ass off man. Eat clean, big and get big!

DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can eat junk food as long as you are consuming the pefect amount of calories and are getting a minimum of 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. Good Luck.

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    READ, read up on here poke around for a while and look at the advice, if you have a question on something, use the search button.

Stay golden pony boy
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wink

your legs are already big enough from running right

Gaspari Nutrition Athlete QuadzillaD's Avatar
    QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10) QuadzillaD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DarkBoss123 View Post
    You can eat junk food as long as you are consuming the pefect amount of calories and are getting a minimum of 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. Good Luck.
    NO TOTALLY WRONG!!If you want to be a fat slob you do that...

darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkphase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by QuadzillaD View Post
    true i found out this the hard way
    try to eat little or no junk food at all...
    "Those who know they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound strive for obscurity. For the crowd believes that if it cannot see to the bottom of something it must be profound. It is so timid and dislikes going into the water."

-nietzsche

"pain is just a weakness leaving the body"

USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC03AG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on your body type. A lot of people can eat complete **** and not gain a pound.

Cool

Originally Posted by USMC03AG View Post
    Depends on your body type. A lot of people can eat complete **** and not gain a pound.
    Exactly, Ive been eating mad amounts of food to put on fat. My daily intake would be something like 3/4 fried eggs, bacon, 5 slices of toast, at lunch 3 bigmac meals and ****loads more food at dinner. I only put on half a stone in a year!!

Anyhoo, what about these supplements?
    You know you want me ;D

CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000) CodyLee1337 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Creatine is good and naturally produced in your body. Research Fail.

pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CodyLee1337 View Post
    Creatine is good and naturally produced in your body. Research Fail.
    Last time I had a checkup, I had excess natural creatine levels, so I never bothered to take supplements for it.

Probably why I put on so much muscle in my first week of training rather seriously.
    200+, put "rep back" in comment

I rep stoners and black knights

Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Norcalitalian89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    work your chest everyday masturbate often

DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How... i wanna hear this.

Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100) Nameissuess is not very well liked. (-100)
    Stop all this bs I'm 16 and I think im big for my age -.- dude eat like a fat **** and live at the gym

benchpress1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

Don’t eat no junk food bro

MRG1402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MRG1402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Aszbaz View Post

-Arginine
    -Ornithine
    -Carnitine
    -Glutamine

As others have said, just eat big, train hard and sleep well. Forget all those supplements at your stage, use protein shakes if you can't meet your protein requirements from the food you eat. But other than that you don't need anything else. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Don't skip legs. And make sure you give it your all in the gym.

Good Luck Bro

Mattzeema is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most effective way to build muscle. Roids and cycles lul
    1. Improve yourself in every way possible.
    2. Respect those who deserve it.
    3. Don't give fawk what anyone thinks.