Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Water Fast, day 4

Well I am in the middle of a water fast for spiritual reasons and I am just starting day 4.

I can't believe how great I feel and how much energy I have. I feel so clean, it really is an awesome experience. Im 272 lbs so I have alot of fat energy to burn lol.

Did 45 minutes of cardio today, most energy Ive had in awhile.

I am planning on going for 3 more days. Been drinking 1.5 gallons of water/day. Had a couple cups of coffee and hot tea occasionally, but thats it.

It did suck today having family over and there was some incredible food to eat, but that was really the only time Ive had a moment of weakness, lol.

On Day 8, I am planning on juice fasting for 2 days and then slowly introducing veggies, chicken broth, light foods etc. back into my body. Dont want a rough transition!
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways"

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats the point of water fasting for 1 week?
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aaron_37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What a terrible idea... you obviously have very little understanding about how the body operates. Spiritual reasons? Oh boy...

Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Aaron_37 View Post
    What a terrible idea... you obviously have very little understanding about how the body operates. Spiritual reasons? Oh boy...
    God commanded us to fast. Not if, but when

- It cleanses your respiratory, circulatory, digestive and urinary systems, destroying impurities all over the body and eliminates uric acid deposits.

- People detoxify and heal more quickly with water fast than with any other fast. This is because with water fasting, your digestive passageway and organs are able to rest completely, allowing for all of your energy to be used for cleansing and repair of damaged tissues.

- It restores your body balance by eliminating wastes.

- It has been found effective in the treatment of type II diabetes.

- It has been found to be one of the most effective treatments for obesity.

- Water fasting is beneficial in epilepsy, reducing the length, number, and severity of seizures.

- It is effective for treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

- It improves poor immune function during fasting.

- Water fasting increases your cell-mediated immunity and immunoglobulin levels.

- Water fasting decreases your antigen-antibody complexes, and enhances natural killer cell activity.

- It increases your life span.

- It helps you in weight loss.

- Water fasting promotes detoxification.

- It gives your digestive system a much-needed rest.

- Fasting promotes the resolving of inflammatory processes, including painful inflammatory syndromes such as rheumatoid arthritis.

- It quiets allergic reactions, including asthma and hay fever.

- It promotes the drying up of abnormal fluid accumulations, such as edema in the ankles and legs and swelling in the abdomen.

- It corrects your high blood pressure to a safe range within two weeks without drugs. And the blood pressure will remain low after the fast if you eat correctly and live healthy.

- Water Fasting helps to overcome bad habits and addictions. It rapidly dissipates the craving for nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, and other drugs.

- It restores your taste appreciation for wholesome natural foods. People say that their taste buds come alive after fasting and that food never tasted so good.

- It is exceptionally beneficial in chronic cardiovascular diseases and congestive heart failure, reducing triglycerides, atheromas, total cholesterol, and increasing HDL levels

- Going on water fast gives you the motivation and enthusiasm to make a fresh start and commit yourself to a new and better way of life.

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have never heard of a water fast in my life.

what faith are you?

you are taking in other forms of fluids though?
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

Registered User AussieTrapezius's Avatar
    AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Who cares if he wants to do it or not. He's not forcing you to do it as well is he?

Originally Posted by DaveBriggs View Post
    have never heard of a water fast in my life.

what faith are you?

you are taking in other forms of fluids though?
    I am a Christian, follower of Jesus Christ. Jesus, in the Bible fasted for 40 days.

For me, I will stick to 7 days

95% of my intake on my fast is Water. Like I mentioned, I have a cup of coffee in the mornings and iced tea, hot tea, but rarely. Mostly just drinking alot of water. I can not stress how great my body feels

Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I water fasted for three weeks last year and it wrecked my joints (Wrists / Ankles / Knees / Elbows), so now I stick to juice fasting three days every other week to rid myself of additional waste products and promote HGH spikes
    Achieving Zangief Mode log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124053701

Down 122 pounds since January 2010!

Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love getting neg-repped when being in the right by stupid ****s!

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&q=Fas...9e554755e39e95

"Broscience" =/= Science

What a bunch of stupid ****ing morons that post on this forum

Registered User username-newbie's Avatar
    username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've never heard of juice fasting... wouldn't you be getting a tonne of calories from juice?

good luck on your fast, I've heard of fasting for like 19hrs and all that but hell 7 days sounds brutal

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Disclaimer: Religious opinion:

As a Christian, I commend your dedication but I think you may be missing the point of fasting. The point of fasting is to obstain from physical pleasures/needs to realize/reaffirm the spiritual nature of existence and your dependence on god. From your post, you are raving about energy, food cravings and having a grand old happy time, which entirely misses the point of the fast. Fasting is not supposed to be a road to health. Because you are about 300 lbs your body is fine burning up excessive fat, but if will turn soon.

gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I fast, daily, from about 10:00pm to ~6:30 am, or however long I can hold out from them hunger pangs. Usually, I don't even drink water when I fast cause then I'll have to get up to pee, and that might interrupt a meaningful dream - like one involving me and Jessica Alba (before she got all preggers) alone on a deserted beach. I'm pretty hardcore about my fasting.

Daily fasting keeps me one with nature, but isn't quite long enough so that I start seeing s**t when I'm awake. Which is fine with me. Hallucinating while behind the wheel isn't healthy for me or the population at large.

anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) anymanusa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you think fasting feels good, try getting down to a healthy weight with low body fat %. That feels pretty good too. Although I can't compare, because I've never done a fast in my life.
    I can see that you haven't cleaned the top of your refridgerator in quite some time.

KickStart89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7 days of no food? Just liquid?

Not knocking it at all, just a bit intrigued by this.

What's stopping your body from going into starvation and clinging onto excess fat, reducing weight loss? Won't your metabolism slow right down due to the lack of food intake? Can this fast actually aid weight loss?

Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000) Mortum is just really nice. (+1000)
    inb4 OP dies of heart failure

keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keshev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting thing i learnt in class a couple weeks ago.

Extremely obese people have known to go a year without food under medical supervision.

If he wanted he can go at least 3 months+ without food and drinking just water/ and replenishing some necessary nutrients.

Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Strik9 View Post
    - It restores your taste appreciation for wholesome natural foods. People say that their taste buds come alive after fasting and that food never tasted so good.
    Got a LOL out of this one.

Registered User AussieTrapezius's Avatar
    AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by senor_mortgage View Post
    Disclaimer: Religious opinion:

As a Christian, I commend your dedication but I think you may be missing the point of fasting. The point of fasting is to obstain from physical pleasures/needs to realize/reaffirm the spiritual nature of existence and your dependence on god. From your post, you are raving about energy, food cravings and having a grand old happy time, which entirely misses the point of the fast. Fasting is not supposed to be a road to health. Because you are about 300 lbs your body is fine burning up excessive fat, but if will turn soon.
    The point of the fast, is to fast.

How the OP deals with it spiritally with God, is between him and God alone. In my own opinion naturally.

00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AussieTrapezius View Post
    The point of the fast, is to fast.

How the OP deals with it spiritally with God, is between him and God alone. In my own opinion naturally.

What's this God character you talk about?

DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DARIU5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Q. Won't my metabolism slow down during and after the fast, causing me to gain back more weight over the long haul?

A. Metabolic rate fluctuates according to our moment-to-moment physiological needs. When we are active, our metabolic rate speeds up. When we sleep, our metabolic rate slows down. In the same way, when we fast, our metabolic rate slows down because our physiological needs are lower than they are when we are consuming food and going about our regular activities. When a fast is broken and a person returns to eating and more activity, her metabolic rate increases to match her increasing physiological needs.

What does change during a fast is our digestive and assimilative capacity. Fasting provides an opportunity for our digestive organs to heal and make more efficient use of the nutrients in the foods that we consume. Weight gain or loss is always a simple function of how many calories we take in versus how many we expend. If your primary goal is to be at a healthful weight for your unique disposition, the optimal approach is usually to combine an unprocessed, whole food diet with a regular aerobic exercise and strength-training program.

Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whatever you gotta do for "God" and your "faith" is your own business. But purely for health reasons a fast is not good. i dont care how many bs benefits you think your getting, i guarantee they do not outweigh the cost.

-plummeting testosterone
    -leptin, thyroid, metabolism, pretty much all bodily function will go down the drain
    -this is terrible for long-term/sustained fat loss (this might no be your goal but im sure gaining fat isnt)
    -catabolism to the max
    "Gracie is doing anything he can to hang on....See, Royce isn't choking him with his legs there because he has no leverage. He's just trying to hold Severn back."

Seconds later, Severn taps to the first triangle choke in MMA. Classic.

Originally Posted by KickStart89 View Post
    7 days of no food? Just liquid?

Not knocking it at all, just a bit intrigued by this.

What's stopping your body from going into starvation and clinging onto excess fat, reducing weight loss? Won't your metabolism slow right down due to the lack of food intake? Can this fast actually aid weight loss?
    Truth be told, fasting affects every person differently ... There is no so-called "starvation mode" though, that's been debunked; some people who go without food and live solely by consuming water or other liquids (I.E Juice) manage to burn off their fat pockets and stay seemingly half-decent in terms of shape (Burning only 50% muscle, which you can counteract by actually gymming during a fast)

While others will burn through their muscles at a very rapid pace ... That's why -I- wouldn't recommend people to fast, unless they know their own bodies extremely well ... However! Muscle you burn through while fasting / going low on calories (Like me) will be built up A LOT faster than it'd take to build them from scratch, which is another reason why this method is in fact pretty good (The lowest I'd go personally would be 600 calories though, since it gets rough to get enough proteins into your daily intake then)

Edit: To above poster, intermittent fasting (20 hours to 48 hours in the "extreme cases") is a well known method to spike your HGH levels to promote muscle growth -- IB4BROSCIENCEAGAIN (Even though its not)

Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Invidia View Post
    Truth be told, fasting affects every person differently ... There is no so-called "starvation mode" though, that's been debunked; some people who go without food and live solely by consuming water or other liquids (I.E Juice) manage to burn off their fat pockets and stay seemingly half-decent in terms of shape (Burning only 50% muscle, which you can counteract by actually gymming during a fast)
    Your right and wrong about "starvation mode" (I really hate this term)
    -There is no "starvation mode" in the sense that your body "clings onto fat more" when you drop an extreme amount of calories, thats been debunked.

BUT

-There is "starvation mode" in the sense that your leptin, thyroid, and overall metabolism functions WILL CRASH on a fast or any extreme calorie deficit. This in affect will cause the amount of calories you need to maintain your bodyweight to drop. Its just like if you had 2 guys at the same weight, %bf, and activity level but 1 guy has a faster metabolism. The guy with the faster metabolism will be able to eat more calories to maintain weight and %bf.

Fasting = crashed metabolism/leptin/thyroid functions = counter productive for fat loss

Basically- While on a fast ----> muscle gone
    - After the fast ---------------> hello fat
    Last edited by Mlupi319; 04-26-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    "Gracie is doing anything he can to hang on....See, Royce isn't choking him with his legs there because he has no leverage. He's just trying to hold Severn back."

Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just some food for thought:
    Many biblical scholars believe that 40 days fasts in the Bible were carried out in the same fashion as the Essenes (of which some scholars link to John the Baptist, et al). This type of fast was abstaining from everything but water, locusts and honey.

Locust is the only kosher insect and is mostly protein.

So, it's entirely possible that these biblical fasts were protein sparing. You may want to consider that if you are extending them beyond 7 days.
    March 2008: 407 lbs
    06/25/2011: 201.4lbs

Total Lost: 205.6

KickStart89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for clearing that up, so many people have assured me that my body will go into "starvation mode" and i will not lose weight, it's good to know it's not necessarily true (good few hundered calories deficit)

jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are fasting for God but yet you are boasting? Doesn't sound very spiritual to me. Most people are humble about such things. Did you see Jesus going aroudn saying, I got so much energy and fasting rocks!

ps. no where does it state we need to fast. Even more, most of the old commandments most follow are in the old testament which are no longer in practice beside your normal "principles". Need to do some more reading and research before jumping into non needed practices.
    Humility bro...Humility.

/thread
    I Rep back always. Put it in comment.

500+ will 100% get repped back.

Life Progress

Started: 279lb 43% body fat
    1st Cut: 191lb 16% body fat
    1st Bulk: 231lb 26% body fat
    2010 Summer Cut: 193 10% body fat
    Bulking Currently 202 13% body fat.

Originally Posted by KickStart89 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, so many people have assured me that my body will go into "starvation mode" and i will not lose weight, it's good to know it's not necessarily true (good few hundered calories deficit)
    Your fat loss will plateau and muscle loss is much more common when you cut an extreme amount of calories. I wouldnt cut more than ~1000cals/day below maintenance (~2lbs of fat loss/week).

Read theses:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ght=metabolism

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113443111

xchange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you are committing yourself to a spiritual fast you are telling God that He is your only and main source of life. Fasting is used to create a super natural connection with God through prayer. It is usually done when seeking guidance, or needing some sort of response, this shows God that you are committing yourself to His will.

"It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Mathew 4:4 (NIV).

@Strik9 may God be the main reason for your fast, and may you get to see what fasting is really about. Jay24k does have a point about boasting about fasting for the scriptures says in Matthew 6:16:

"And when you fast, don’t make it obvious, as the hypocrites do, for they try to look miserable and disheveled so people will admire them for their fasting. I tell you the truth, that is the only reward they will ever get. (NLT)"

@jay24k - The 10 commandments are to be followed for all eternity. Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." which is clearly in the New Testament.

scoresman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoresman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Strik9 View Post
    I am a Christian, follower of Jesus Christ. Jesus, in the Bible fasted for 40 days.

For me, I will stick to 7 days

95% of my intake on my fast is Water. Like I mentioned, I have a cup of coffee in the mornings and iced tea, hot tea, but rarely. Mostly just drinking alot of water. I can not stress how great my body feels
    Jesus did not require is disciples to fast..... nor does he require you either.