AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Partially Torn Rotator Cuff

Well working out has been a huge part of my life. About 4 months ago i partially tore my rotator cuff (doctor's diagnosis without an mri). I have been going to physical therapy but i found out a torn rotator cuff will not heal without surgery, rather, it will be strengthened. So my question is it possible for a rotator cuff to heal on its own without surgery. If not, is it possible for me to build up strength to the point where I can work out again. If not, how long do you think a rotator cuff tear will take to heal after surgery?

I am hoping to find someone who has experienced this who can help me out. I am honostly going insane. I am putting on the pounds rapidly and there isnt a thing I can do. I don't know of any excercises other then legs. I cant run because the "bouncing" irritates my rotator cuff too much.

rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsc07c is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like something you should ask the guy who told you that you tore it.

GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by AshkanT View Post
    Well working out has been a huge part of my life. About 4 months ago i partially tore my rotator cuff (doctor's diagnosis without an mri). I have been going to physical therapy but i found out a torn rotator cuff will not heal without surgery, rather, it will be strengthened. So my question is it possible for a rotator cuff to heal on its own without surgery. If not, is it possible for me to build up strength to the point where I can work out again. If not, how long do you think a rotator cuff tear will take to heal after surgery?

I am hoping to find someone who has experienced this who can help me out. I am honostly going insane. I am putting on the pounds rapidly and there isnt a thing I can do. I don't know of any excercises other then legs. I cant run because the "bouncing" irritates my rotator cuff too much.
    None of us are doctors and cant really say for sure. From wat ive heard and read i would have the surgery as soon as possible. You shouldve gotten an mri. Do you have a good doctor?
    After surgery between 8-20weeks to fully heal.
    You can do abs, and cardio to keep those pounds off. Plus going to the gym even just to do cardio will make you feel much better than just staying away.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

How did you injure your shoulder?

How did the doctor decide it was a partially torn rotator cuff??

If it is a partial tear, it can heal and life will go on as normal after about 6-8 weeks maximum. Really, you do need an MRI to properly diagnose a tear, and to see how big it is. If the tear is bigger than 1-1.5cm, it usually requires surgery.

There are other things that can be causing pain, so if you are still having pain after 4 months, then you need to have further investigations.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshkanT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks to all the advice guys. I have a doctors appointment thursday and hopefully this time around he wont waste 4 months of my life and he will actualyl schedule an mri. im really hoping there isnt a rotator cuff tear but unfortunately, all my symptoms are pointing to it.

Im just really frustrated because going into my doctors office, he knew that I did alot of weightlifting and for some reason he thought it would be better for me to do physical therapy, when, after doing research, I found out that physical therapy only works for those who need their shoulder for desk jobs and who dont go to the gym.

markdashark23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks to all the advice guys. I have a doctors appointment thursday and hopefully this time around he wont waste 4 months of my life and he will actualyl schedule an mri. im really hoping there isnt a rotator cuff tear but unfortunately, all my symptoms are pointing to it.

Im just really frustrated because going into my doctors office, he knew that I did alot of weightlifting and for some reason he thought it would be better for me to do physical therapy, when, after doing research, I found out that physical therapy only works for those who need their shoulder for desk jobs and who dont go to the gym.

Ashkan, I know what you are going through. 4 weeks ago I had a serious mountain bike accident, landed on my shoulder, and was in serious pain... I waited 3 weeks to let the swelling go down, had an MRI, and the doctor showed me a small "partial" tear of the rotator cuff, as well as a small fracture to my greater tuberosity. He told me to wait 2 weeks in a sling.. the 2 weeks are up tomorrow and I plan on calling him to follow up. My arm is already feeling relatively better. To my understanding, a small partial tear can heal itself. I am also EXTREMELY concerned with being able to compete in sports and get back to weight training again, so we are on the same page here. I will post again after I talk to him... In the meantime, I recommend you get your diet straight. There are many types of foods and nutrients that can greatly reduce the amount of healing time: Milk (for calcium and vitamin D which aids in absorbing calcium), pineapple (it contains bromelien which is a natural anti-inflammatory), wheat germ (has loads of nutrients and proteins), lots of yogurt and cottage cheese (more calcium), apples (contains boron which also assists in absorbing calcium), lots of water, all kinds of berries and green vegetables.. Also, I have been taking Knox NutriJoint drinkmix, as well as Udo's 3-6-9 oil blend. Defatted soy flour contains lysine, which is supposedly great for healing, although I haven't been experimenting with it....