Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)

Marketing stragies the one that have worked and the ones that havent

Ok can a mod edit the title? *Strategies *Ones

Alright trainers let help each other out. List the marketing strategies that have worked for you and the ones that haven't

What has worked for me.
    The internet.

Best tool by far, if you don't have a website get one. I recommend coughing up the money to have a proffesional one made(something I'm discussing with a graphics design artist right now.) I just made my own. But I'm probably missing out by not having a better one.

Testimonials/Portfolio
    If you're clients are getting results have proof.

Word of mouth
    Offer a referral reward program and ask your clients to tell their friends.

What hasn't worked.

Never do a mail out. Worst $500 I ever spent on advertising. A few months ago I paid to have a flier sent out to all 15,000 home in my city and I didn't even get a single phone call!!

I also had some fliers and banners designed hung them and they still are there in heavy trafficking areas for month's and have done nothing. I got one phone call so far from them but that's it.
    Last edited by Mr.ILL; 04-24-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

GB405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you set a stack of fliers somewhere, chances are they're going to collect dust. Try getting them out individually, for example: having a grocery store put them in their bags, or a pizza place on pizza boxes. You can buy mini plastic bags and hang flyers on peoples front doors, or drop them off at every business in town. As for 15,000 mailers and no calls, maybe you need to re-write your ad so its better at grabbing peoples attention and creating urgency. Also, some people need to be hit multiple times before they even consider inquiring about your services. If you haven't already, check out Bedros Keuilian. I dont have any of his products but they look like they're pretty useful.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    Ok can a mod edit the title? *Strategies *Ones

Alright trainers let help each other out. List the marketing strategies that have worked for you and the ones that haven't

What has worked for me.
    The internet.

Best tool by far, if you don't have a website get one. I recommend coughing up the money to have a proffesional one made(something I'm discussing with a graphics design artist right now.) I just made my own. But I'm probably missing out by not having a better one.

Testimonials/Portfolio
    If you're clients are getting results have proof.

Word of mouth
    Offer a referral reward program and ask your clients to tell their friends.

Gotta agree with you in these.

I'm still contemplating on what I read from another trainer regarding going to strip clubs and giving your business card for each lap dance you get. Seriously.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to strongly disagree that mailouts dont work.

I would feel confident in saying your marketing peice wasnt compelling enough.

I use fliers places in the local paper (8000-10000 a month) to advertise my bootcamps and they are very successful.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    I have to strongly disagree that mailouts dont work.

I would feel confident in saying your marketing peice wasnt compelling enough.

I use fliers places in the local paper (8000-10000 a month) to advertise my bootcamps and they are very successful.
    I'll scan one the fliers and post it up. It was professionally designed I was really shocked it didn't work. I was also advertising a bootcamp on it. I'm sure mail outs have a lot to do with location as well.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Gotta agree with you in these.

I'm still contemplating on what I read from another trainer regarding going to strip clubs and giving your business card for each lap dance you get. Seriously.
    I plan on trying this out one of these days.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by GB405 View Post
    If you set a stack of fliers somewhere, chances are they're going to collect dust. Try getting them out individually, for example: having a grocery store put them in their bags, or a pizza place on pizza boxes. You can buy mini plastic bags and hang flyers on peoples front doors, or drop them off at every business in town. As for 15,000 mailers and no calls, maybe you need to re-write your ad so its better at grabbing peoples attention and creating urgency. Also, some people need to be hit multiple times before they even consider inquiring about your services. If you haven't already, check out Bedros Keuilian. I dont have any of his products but they look like they're pretty useful.
    i love bedros!