SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweatandBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do you think about intermittent fasting

Just curious to see what others think about intermittent fasting, such as the eat stop eat program. For those who don't know, basically once or twice a week you do a 24 hour fast. You still eat everyday, because say you eat a meal at 8pm on tuesday, then you'd start eating again at 8pm on wednesday. There's a lot of studies that show that it can actually be good for your health, but it goes against the whole bodybuilder mentality of constantly eating. I can definetely see how people would see this as unhealthy behavior, but the research seems convincing on it. I like to do my research before I do things, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has anything to say whether it be positive or negative.

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its supposed to boost your metabolism

its just like keto. will it accelerate fat loss? no

but if its a diet that you like, why the hell not.
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good first post..lol. better than the usual

"I NEED TO CUT 100LBS NOW, WAHT DO I DO?! what r stickies?!"

these fasting techniques seem to be good, but i mean...how do we know it really is that much healthier for the body? essentially you are depriving yourself of solid food, nutrients, etc for a long period of time.

i wonder, about the ppl who got lean on IF, if they stuck to a (healthier) solid calorie deficit diet + heavy lifting, would they not get lean?

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's working great for me!

I started doing it about a month ago, you can look in my sig to see what the results have been.

A couple comments. First, to say you go for a "long period of time" is pretty subjective. You're long time may not be my long time, and in fact, that's true. Even before I did IF, I never ate before noon on this cut just because I wasn't hungry in the morning, and I was starving later in the day. I just added 3 hours to what I normally do. If you want to call that a "long period of time" sure, but it doesn't feel that way to me.

Secondly, lets not forget the added benefit of livability here. A lot of people compare IF to six meals a day as far as fat loss/bulking up goes, and that's a discussion worth having. But as far as ease of living, there can be no question, IF is a more sustainable and easier body building lifestyle. To people in it for the long haul, this really is a very important factor.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont follow IF to the tee but do train fasted (at least 10 hours have passed since my last meal when I train - early morning 4:30am).

Works for me. Fits my schedule and your results are "long term". Can stay lean and still make gains. No need for cut/bulk/cut/bulk cycles.

In the end its personal preference though. Whatever works best for you. All trial and error.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

cocaine white range rove. darkshines's Avatar
    darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkshines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This guy is following a modified ADF approach: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123913651 Very interesting read, and you can't argue with his results.

His thread even rekindled my interest in Berkhan's IF and ADF methodologies; I'm thinking of using ADF for my upcoming 6 week cut.
    I rep back

"I'm getting drunk on the reg, f**king good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the good sh*t that men fantasize about."

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    I dont follow IF to the tee but do train fasted (at least 10 hours have passed since my last meal when I train - early morning 4:30am).

Works for me. Fits my schedule and your results are "long term". Can stay lean and still make gains. No need for cut/bulk/cut/bulk cycles.

In the end its personal preference though. Whatever works best for you. All trial and error.
    Just started this, but with a lower calorie intake because I am trying to lose fat. So far, lost 4 lbs. this week.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfChaos View Post
    Just started this, but with a lower calorie intake because I am trying to lose fat. So far, lost 4 lbs. this week.
    Nice work!
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm on IF since may 2009, so that's almost 1 year now.

I can only tell you that this is the best that has ever happend to me, diet-wise. I have a 8/16 hour routine. I break the fast at 12.30h and stop eating at 20.30h. In that time period I eat, train, eat. Due to my work schedule it's 1 big meal, 1 small meal, workout, 1 big meal. It would be best to eat about 80% of your cals post-workout, but that is just not possible due to my work and training schedule.

I really like it because I can eat bigger meals and still hit my calories without feeling hungry all day. Next to that, I feel very sharp in the morning and have enough energy for working out. I'm on a cut and this is very effective for me.

Seriously, forget that "eat every 2 hours" bull****. I'm losing fat and getting stronger every week. I don't need to prove anything, so you can just believe me on that..
    Last edited by BergoNL; 04-24-2010 at 12:02 AM.

bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy74 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm doing something similiar it's called The Jerusalum Diet but it's the same concept. You eat like you normally would but 1 day a week you eat just fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and water. This works for me due to the fact that i work 3rd shift and also take care of a 3 yr old during the day. Sometimes I don't have the energy to workout or the will to follow a strict plan. But IF allows good flexiblilty and I don't feel guilty if I over do it 1 day. The author recommends 1 pound a week weightloss because it's easier to accomplish and maintain that type of weight loss. I have gone form 344 to 334 in 1 month. I lift 3 days a week. I started walking for cardio.

Although the book says diet it encourages small lifestyle changes for better eating habits. The days I'm not fasting I do eat more homecooked meals and fruits and veggies for snacks.

IF works for me. It something that can be done over the long haul and with the slower weightloss, more sustainable, and less likely to have a lot of loose skin.
    Just when they have all the answers I change the questions.

4.46 40-yd dash & faster Moments's Avatar
    Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moments will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, give this a read. alanaragon.com/ an-objective-look-at-intermittent-fasting.html