Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

muscles sorer on cut....

Sine ive started my cut, i seem to feel each exercise alot mroe in terms of the muscle actually working... i never did on a bulk!
    But also for instance i trained legs on monday.... they are still really sore... and its friday.... is it normal to be alot sorer on a cut as im not getting as much food to repair them faster...

Or should i lower the volume of my workouts... since as my legs are still sore, its affecting my cardio....

Thanks

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
    Sine ive started my cut, i seem to feel each exercise alot mroe in terms of the muscle actually working...
    Are you lifting the same weight and reps as when you were bulking?
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alex2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its absolutely normal, make sure ur taking in enough protein if it has been a big jump in soreness, u might be cutting out too much.

i would NOT recommend for u to change ur workout to less volume, mistake people make too much is they change their routines to lesser weight, this should be the time when u need to push yourself the hardest to keep as much lean mass and strength as possible. key is to take in as much protein as possible while keeping the calorie deficit in check.
    AITG ALPHA MALES

Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    same weight and same reps yes, and i have increased my protein by 80gs a day

darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Alex2010 View Post
    its absolutely normal, make sure ur taking in enough protein if it has been a big jump in soreness, u might be cutting out too much.

i would NOT recommend for u to change ur workout to less volume, mistake people make too much is they change their routines to lesser weight, this should be the time when u need to push yourself the hardest to keep as much lean mass and strength as possible. key is to take in as much protein as possible while keeping the calorie deficit in check.
    I partially disagree with this post. I think that volume will eventually need to be decreased, while lifting as heavy as before. You need to lift as heavy as you have been or else you will start losing muscle mass (unless you're on steroids).

But your recovery does diminish when you cut calories, and keeping the same volume as before can lead to overtraining. I mean real overtraining, not the dumb-ass bb.com definition most people misuse around here. You can actually cut volume by up to 2/3 and maintain strength so long as your intensity stays the same or increases. But the minute you stop lifting heavy you will start losing muscle.

And yes, you need to increase protein intake while cutting as well in order to maintain muscle mass.
    ***Anyone With "Crew" in Their Signature Sucks Balls Crew***

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Decrease volume but not weight or intensity
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by darinaldi View Post
    I partially disagree with this post. I think that volume will eventually need to be decreased, while lifting as heavy as before. You need to lift as heavy as you have been or else you will start losing muscle mass (unless you're on steroids).

But your recovery does diminish when you cut calories, and keeping the same volume as before can lead to overtraining. I mean real overtraining, not the dumb-ass bb.com definition most people misuse around here. You can actually cut volume by up to 2/3 and maintain strength so long as your intensity stays the same or increases. But the minute you stop lifting heavy you will start losing muscle.

And yes, you need to increase protein intake while cutting as well in order to maintain muscle mass.
    I second this.

When transitioning to a cut:

1. Up protein consumption
    2. Up intensity (or maintain)
    3. Lower frequency
    4. Lower workout volume

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    soreness on a cut makes total sense. if you're doing everything you used to do before except eat less, then your body is adjusting to a different quantity of nutrients.

i also support dropping volume on a cut. you want to make sure you don't lose your strength, so lifting heavy is important.

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I seem to be sorer for the first few weeks, and then my body adapts.

Sticking in one or two days a week where you go over maintenance (but not too much) really helps, though.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Decrease volume but not weight or intensity
    LOL - you managed to be clearer in seven words than I was in three paragraphs.

Originally Posted by fabiansc View Post
    you should eat more...
    This from the man 233 feet tall but only 160 lbs?

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hypocrites, I tell you.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    lol thats thin.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    haha. Im just lazy!

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

cool thanks guys, im still gona train 5 times a week each bodypart but, i think ill take a set of each exercise

Im kinda carb cycling, i go from 250g carbs on leg day down to just 175 on say arms for instance, with a refeed every 4-5 days

anonymous
    Is it really necessary to up protein consumption... I get in atleast 1g/lb of lean mass but its hard to get in much more on 2250 calories...

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rkrajnov View Post
    Is it really necessary to up protein consumption... I get in atleast 1g/lb of lean mass but its hard to get in much more on 2250 calories...
    Being 19 *not a knock in anyway* if i were you i'd be bulking. The natural hormone levels are still very high. 1g/1lbs of body weight at a bare minimum. Thats unless your trying to stay that lean. Just a suggestion

mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 gram protein per pound of bodyweight is enough to support optimal muscle building during maintenance and a bulk, but in situations where calorie consumption is reduced substantially, you should push closer toward 1.5 gram protein per pound of bodyweight.

The general rule of thumb is the following:

The leaner you are, the more gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    The larger the calorie deficit, the more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    The more active you are, the more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    And vice versa.

Dietary protein has a sparing effect on muscle protein. This is especially true when you are limiting carbohydrate intake.

Originally Posted by mfbarbmff View Post
    1 gram protein per pound of bodyweight is enough to support optimal muscle building during maintenance and a bulk, but in situations where calorie consumption is reduced substantially, you should push closer toward 1.5 gram protein per pound of bodyweight.

The general rule of thumb is the following:

The leaner you are, the more gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    The larger the calorie deficit, the more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    The more active you are, the more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.
    And vice versa.

Dietary protein has a sparing effect on muscle protein. This is especially true when you are limiting carbohydrate intake.
    this^^^^^^^^

Your body will convert protien to carbs if it needs to leaving you in a protien defecit for your needs...less carbs+more protien

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree and repped him....

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a better question would be why, at your age, and height and weight, are you limiting yourself to that little calories???

as many now know, it is NOT necessary to severely limit the amount of carbs when cutting....

mmm i weigh a fair bit more than him, and am cutting on 2400....