michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000)

Whole Wheat Pasta for cutting?

i'm currently cutting right now for the summer, and i'm already down to like 5-4% BF. i'm getting a little confused about carb intake. i know you're not really supposed to eat carbs past a certain time (i.e 3pm or earlier) but i was wondering....if i ate whole wheat pasta in the evening, would that hurt my cutting cycle?

i'm about to eat whole wheat pasta right now, but i'm also going to the gym a little after!

thanks for all your guys' help!
    UCSB

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by michaelopinion View Post
    i'm currently cutting right now for the summer, and i'm already down to like 5-4% BF. i'm getting a little confused about carb intake. i know you're not really supposed to eat carbs past a certain time (i.e 3pm or earlier) but i was wondering....if i ate whole wheat pasta in the evening, would that hurt my cutting cycle?

i'm about to eat whole wheat pasta right now, but i'm also going to the gym a little after!

thanks for all your guys' help!
    in my experience, when you're past the general weight loss stage and trying to get into the top tier of shreddedness, it becomes important to watch what types of food you're eating. I've found it's best to do away with any man-made carbs at all during the cut (which means pasta of any sort, as well as breads, tortillas, etc even the "whole wheat" variety), and yes, keeping starches to the morning and vegetables for carbs towards the evening. Many will claim broscience to this but I'm not saying it's definitely correct, but having tried many different styles on myself and some of my clients I've found that it is the most effective way to get to that point.

That being said, you're not going to be able to sustain anything lower than 4-5% bodyfat for any significant period of time (say, over a day or two) so you're probably better off just sticking at 4-5, which is very, very lean.