hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help: Not satisfied with eating unless overly stuffed

I've noticed that a major problem with the way I eat is that I'm never satisfied with a meal (regardless of how much I like the flavor of what I'm eating) unless it leaves me absolutely stuffed and uncomfortable feeling afterwards. Even if I know that I've had enough to eat, I will continue to eat untill my stomach feels maxed out. Only then am I happy with the meal I just ate. A lot of times this extra food will just be veggies, so cals isnt really a problem, but my need to eat so much volume or not be satisfied cant be healthy. I do eat very clean foods, because I know that most regular foods are too high calorie to be eaten in the quantities I want. Also, I'll never cheat with anything like ice cream (which I love), because I know that a single serving cant come close to making me happy so why bother.

Is there any way to fix this? Does this happen to anyone else?

maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maneck35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try searching for Intermittent Fasting ... it will suit you and your style of eating..

hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm trying to fix the problem more than learn to live with it. I want to be able to eat until I am full and be satisfied with that. Meanwhile, I deprive myself of foods I love because even though I love the taste the portion size I would need of it to be happy would just be ridiculous calorie-wise.

TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    just finish whats in your plate or what your supposed to eat and stop.

youll suffer for a while but eventually youll get used ot it.

im the same way kinda, i like feeling a little over full after a meal which is ok when im bulking since i gotta eat alot anyways, and ill just go once a month and eat a have a big cheat day and im good.

but cutting will suck lol. just gotta suffer a little and youll get over it.
    "Hard work dosent go unseen, unless hard work isnt present"

Yore Mawm.

NOBROSCIENCETOLERATED ***FuxWithMe***

I actually have a fairly slow metabolism, so even on a bulk I risk overeating. I have to resort to eating ridiculous quantities of veggies.

TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    like i said, if you want to live with it, its easy, just eat healtier foods since they tend to be less calorie dense so you get more volume for less cals.

but if you wanna get over it, youll have to suffer and just eat what your supposed to and stop.

try drinking decafe coffee with sweet n low and alot of zero cal drinks to supress your appetitie until you get over it which you will after a while (prolly a good month or so)
    "Hard work dosent go unseen, unless hard work isnt present"

Yore Mawm.

NOBROSCIENCETOLERATED ***FuxWithMe***

xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xbuttheaddx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    dude i am pretty much the same exact way, its impossible for me to be satisfied with just eating one serving size of anything at all. i LITERALLY used to eat like a horse, anyone in my family will tell you. like ice cream for example, i cant just have one cup because im not full and i just crave more, i would always end up eating an entire carton in one setting like it was nothing. when we went out to dinner, id be the first one done eating and everyone else would give me their food that they didnt want to finish, and usually id order 2-3 actual dinners to myself before hand. but i realized in order to lose weight and get lean that i just had to learn to control myself, its pretty much the only thing you can do about it dude
    **********S ALWAYS NEG ME CREW***
    ***I ONE STEP MY BLUNTS CREW***
    ***GRAPE SODA IS MY CHIT CREW***
    ***RED FACIAL HAIR CREW***

HAVE BEEN NEGGED BY *******S SIGNIFICANTLY LESS SINCE JOINING THE "*******S ALWAYS NEG ME CREW" BRAHS

Football is for athletes, Wrestling is for men

Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was actually having the same problem, and what really helped me was to drink about 16oz of cold water right before I ate. If i was REALLY hungry I would be hungry, but if I felt satisfied then I know it was just thirst, the body is tricky. Another thing I do is brush my teeth when I get hungry, believe or not this has helped me a lot. Fiber ( in the form of a supp) helps me too, I drink this before I eat with the water, your stomach capacity is decreased dramatically.

Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stuff yourself with the calories you're taking in. Have most meals after a workout and you'll feel full all day. If you don't then you need more fiber/water/fats. Enjoy.

I'm actually not overweight and in the midst of a bulk. I did used to be overweight though, because I would eat such high volumes of junk food. Now I do eat very clean foods and like I said fill up on veggies (and tons of water too) so the issue isnt really taking in too many calories, its not being able to be satisfied with a meal that leaves me feeling moderately full.
    In order to make sure that I dont take in too many cals, I dont ever cheat because I know that any regular portion of food simply wont make me satisfied. Basicly the problem is that enjoyment I get from a meal depends not on taste but the fact that it was consumed in very high volume.

Im in college and would actually like to be a little less strict with my diet and allow myself to occasionally enjoy something like a burger or pizza, but I know that unless I have like 3 burgers I would be happier just eating a huge salad that left me overstuffed.

moojeni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moojeni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel your pain. I'm exactly like you, mainly with sweet food. Ice cream, chocolates, cakes, cookies, peanut butter, any dessert, etc. I have no limit.
    Now I'm cutting, and I feel hungry almost all the time, but it's not really that I'm starving, but craving for something tasty. It's all in my mind, I know, but I love to eat.
    A week ago I bought a jar (450 g) of peanut butter and I finished it in two days, I'll not buy it anymore, lol.
    Now, what it works good for me is, after a meal, if I still feel hungry, I drink one (or even two) teas (with sweetener). No calories, and it makes me feel satisfied.

I also try to think that even if I eat "a bit more" I would still be hungry, so I just eat what I have to, and that's it. You have to think like this: "What do I prefer? 2 minutes of pleasure eating what I like, or reach my long-term goal?"

is on that pizza diet bodydropcris's Avatar
    bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    most people on this site are like that.. we just deal with it so we arent fat slobs..

D2Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat sequentially. In other words, eat that which is digested easily first and eat the heaviest foods last. Also, don't mix them up.

Have a piece of fruit as an appetizer. Fruit often reaches the small intestine within a half hour (acid fruits can get there in as little as 15 depending on a number of variables).

Then move on to vegetables, preferably raw (not much point in eating them cooked) and starches. I understand the significance of raw vegetables in my diet, but I hate eating salads, so I'll often make veggie sandwiches, or veggie wraps.

Once you've downed first some fruit, then some starches and veggies, move on to the meat and cheese (and continue with the veggies if you like).

You should notice a number of differences if you choose to eat this way. You'll have ALOT less flatulence (perhaps none whatsoever). You'll be able to gauge your "satisfaction level" much better due to the fact that you're eating very light foods first. Your food will be digested and assimilated MUCH MUCH better than if you were to mix starches, proteins, and fruits. Not to mention your stomach will simply feel entirely different... it'll simply feel "light" yet at the same time, very satisfied.

Sample meal: (something I eat almost daily)

Course #1: Bowl of acid fruit (pineapple, grapefruit & orange pieces)
    Course #2: Sandwich (on whole grain or sourdough usually) with only raw vegetables. I like to use hummus, honey mustard, or even a thin layer of potato salad for taste.
    Course #3: (I don't always include this depending on how hungry I am) 2 or 3 Oatmeal
    raisin cookies
    Course #4: Cottage cheese or shredded chicken with bbq

It may sound strange, and maybe even inconvienent, but something that I noticed when I began eating this way was a more "peaceful" and content stomach. I also experience a much greater ability to judge when I am satisfied.

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by maneck35 View Post
    Try searching for Intermittent Fasting ... it will suit you and your style of eating..
    I disagree entirely.

Personally, I am getting a little tired of people coming on here asking for help with overeating, binging, stuffing themselves, etc etc. If that person has such a problem, IF will NOT help. This can be considered a type of eating disorder and it is unhealthy to cover up this disorder by intermittent fasting. OP should look deeper into this issue on WHY he feels the need to stuff himself to the point of illness.

OP, this is not a hate post towards you, or anyone, personally. I am just simply stating my two cents.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

Originally Posted by Scooter4 View Post
    I disagree entirely.

Personally, I am getting a little tired of people coming on here asking for help with overeating, binging, stuffing themselves, etc etc. If that person has such a problem, IF will NOT help. This can be considered a type of eating disorder and it is unhealthy to cover up this disorder by intermittent fasting. OP should look deeper into this issue on WHY he feels the need to stuff himself to the point of illness.

OP, this is not a hate post towards you, or anyone, personally. I am just simply stating my two cents.
    I agree that the issue isnt about finding ways to be full, but must be looked at from more of an ED, or why I cant be happy with eating enough food so that I am merely full, but need to feel "overly stuffed" to be satisfied.

People are really misinterpreting this. I'm not overweight, I dont have a problem of taking in too many calories. In fact, I'm on a bulk and need to be taking in extra calories but this point is irrevelant right now. My issue is not that I can stop myself from eating and thus eat too many calories, its that I'm never satisfied unless I am full to the point of nearly being sick. To give an extreme example, Id rather feel absolutely stuffed eating cardboard than just moderately full eating something that tastes good like burgers or pizza.

I see how people could think I have a need to eat such high volume i have a problem with eating too many cals, but mostly i just gorge on veggies so calories isnt a problem.

jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrsonico is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hrg217 View Post
    I've noticed that a major problem with the way I eat is that I'm never satisfied with a meal (regardless of how much I like the flavor of what I'm eating) unless it leaves me absolutely stuffed and uncomfortable feeling afterwards. Even if I know that I've had enough to eat, I will continue to eat untill my stomach feels maxed out. Only then am I happy with the meal I just ate. A lot of times this extra food will just be veggies, so cals isnt really a problem, but my need to eat so much volume or not be satisfied cant be healthy. I do eat very clean foods, because I know that most regular foods are too high calorie to be eaten in the quantities I want. Also, I'll never cheat with anything like ice cream (which I love), because I know that a single serving cant come close to making me happy so why bother.

it happens to me before. i'd tell u what to do. eat til u want. just eat. one day you'll notice that ure gettin fat and you'll get back on track.
    I thought i was bulking up. 65kg - 64.4kg in a week
    Tired of this.

Originally Posted by jrsonico View Post
    it happens to me before. i'd tell u what to do. eat til u want. just eat. one day you'll notice that ure gettin fat and you'll get back on track.
    Once again, misinterpretting. Im not fat, im not getting fat because this isnt an issue about getting too many calories. I safegaurd against getting too many calories by making sure that I'm filling up on veggies. The issue isnt an uncontrollable appetite. The issue is a need to not just feel full, but to feel full almost to the point of feeling sick.

OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldOwlEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar problem. I'm sure it's been mentioned 5 thousand times already, but drink more water while you eat. I started drinking at least a liter of water while eating, and it got easier and easier to not eat more.

Sorry if this doesn't help you, but it helped me a lot.
    You've got self-discipline if nothing else in this life.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Once again, misinterpretting. Im not fat, im not getting fat because this isnt an issue about getting too many calories. I safegaurd against getting too many calories by making sure that I'm filling up on veggies. The issue isnt an uncontrollable appetite. The issue is a need to not just feel full, but to feel full almost to the point of feeling sick.
    drink 16oz of water 15mins before meals and a glass while eating
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldmank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    drink 16oz of water 15mins before meals and a glass while eating
    I've heard it's good to drink water beforehand but not while eating
    Strong-Ass Jew Crew

FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000)

i pound water during my meal, this is how i get past that
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter, but I am actually a US Marine who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations.