j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000) j4mi3 is just really nice. (+1000)

best barbell bench for under £300 please!

could someone give me some advice on my first bench.
    Im from the UK and have TOPS 300 to spend (preferably alot less).

Quality doesnt need to be amazing as its my first..

thanks

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should read through the stickies, especially the FAQ at the top of the page. You will not get any recomendations for a bench press, they are not safe to work out on alone.

jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no point seeking advice in here mate for a bench with press/squat stands you will be told to buy a Power Rack and olympic barbell/weight set.

I am in the uk and found a gym superstore, sells everything supps, olympic and standard weights, clothing, every multi gym known to man, smith machines, squat racks etc...

When I asked about a power rack the boss and his assistant looked at me blankly and said what do I need one for!!

After 10 mins of searching through his suppliers catalogue he came back with a york power rack at £550 ex vat. He told me they have never been asked for one.

The advice about the power racks given is correct tho, try powerhouse-fitness.co.uk they have Racks from £219.00 also they do packages eg. weights, bench and Power rack

Man against mediocrity. Pureskill123's Avatar
    Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like I said in your other thread, you can get pretty decent benches for around £200, but they're basic adjustable utility benches with a 600lb+ capacity. If you're looking for one with a barbell rack, you'll be looking to pay a bit more. You ARE just looking for one with a barbell rack right, not one with about 200 attachments, each one as cluttery and useless as the the one before (i.e. the weider bench).

Originally Posted by jim1h View Post
    no point seeking advice in here mate for a bench with press/squat stands you will be told to buy a Power Rack and olympic barbell/weight set.

I am in the uk and found a gym superstore, sells everything supps, olympic and standard weights, clothing, every multi gym known to man, smith machines, squat racks etc...

When I asked about a power rack the boss and his assistant looked at me blankly and said what do I need one for!!

After 10 mins of searching through his suppliers catalogue he came back with a york power rack at £550 ex vat. He told me they have never been asked for one.

The advice about the power racks given is correct tho, try powerhouse-fitness.co.uk they have Racks from £219.00 also they do packages eg. weights, bench and Power rack
    Jim's right, an EZ bar, a few weights and a bench with 150lbs capacity will get you nowhere.

Jim, was this store a website or an ACTUAL store in the UK? And yeah, power racks seem to be mere legends here in the UK. I'd kill for a gym with one in in my town, but all the "gyms" in my area don't even have a Frakking Squat Rack!

spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    arghh i have the same problem!

the only gym i have near me is 55 pounds a month..

so my parents said may aswell get me equipment

but ive only got like 400 quid for a bench and weights!

ive found this

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...eacher-mor.php

anyone know if thats alright?

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    This is what you guys need to be saving for:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...-and-bench.php

Failing that start with the power rack and add a decent bench as soon as you can, this is under 300

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...power-rack.php
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spawn606 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    problem with that being the place i have in mind to put it doesnt have the space for a power rack!

jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    This is what you guys need to be saving for:

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodycraft-power-rack-system-and-bench.php
    Yep that bodycraft power rack is a bargain, I'm ordering one together with a 145kg olympic set from the same site, free delivery too

Originally Posted by Pureskill123 View Post
    Like I said in your other thread, you can get pretty decent benches for around £200, but they're basic adjustable utility benches with a 600lb+ capacity. If you're looking for one with a barbell rack, you'll be looking to pay a bit more. You ARE just looking for one with a barbell rack right, not one with about 200 attachments, each one as cluttery and useless as the the one before (i.e. the weider bench).

Jim's right, an EZ bar, a few weights and a bench with 150lbs capacity will get you nowhere.

Jim, was this store a website or an ACTUAL store in the UK? And yeah, power racks seem to be mere legends here in the UK. I'd kill for a gym with one in in my town, but all the "gyms" in my area don't even have a Frakking Squat Rack!
    It was a store Taskers Sports

Man against mediocrity. Pureskill123's Avatar
    Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pureskill123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by spawn606 View Post
    problem with that being the place i have in mind to put it doesnt have the space for a power rack!
    If you have space for that half rack system you posted, you definitely have space for the bodycraft. It has a 4 x 4ft footprint for Pete's sake!

Yep that bodycraft power rack is a bargain, I'm ordering one together with a 145kg olympic set from the same site, free delivery too
    I got my 145kg set from Fitness Superstore, Cast Iron and £215

It was a store Taskers Sports
    Hmm....Liverpool, that's not far away

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Pureskill123 View Post
    If you have space for that half rack system you posted, you definitely have space for the bodycraft. It has a 4 x 4ft footprint for Pete's sake!
    Exactly.

The things that will define the space you need are the length of the bar (seven feet, plus 2 feet so you have room to load it) wide, by the length of your bench plus room to stand up long.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17