Brandon0831 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm question

Hey im not going to go into detail of my program or anything, but a real lagging bodypart i have noticed is my forearms.

Currently my program consists of:

Chest / Triceps

Back / Biceps (Forearms at the end)

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

off.

Just wondering if that is enough, 2 times a week, along with some compound excersies on back day that use some forearms. Might be a genetic deal, but just wondering if that current set-up, is a good one.

Thanks.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brandon0831 View Post
    Hey im not going to go into detail of my program or anything, but a real lagging bodypart i have noticed is my forearms.

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

off.

Just wondering if that is enough, 2 times a week, along with some compound excersies on back day that use some forearms. Might be a genetic deal, but just wondering if that current set-up, is a good one.

Thanks.
    Looks good to me. I get my forearm work from pull ups, chin ups, bb/db wrist curls and some compound lifts as well.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

off.

Thanks.
    Are u asking if the way you do your split is good enough for your forearms?
    But then u say your forearms are lagging.
    Do some direct forearm work:wrist curls,reverse wrist curls,reverse preacher....use a search button to see more exercises.Pick some and hit the forearms.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plenty of heavy pulls and holds assist greatly with forearm development.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    reverse curls with either an ez-bar or on a cable cross have given me the greatest results in forearm hypertrophy. (brachioradialis and flexors) but i only started doing this after they were already kinda strong from things like farmer's walks, rock climbing, fingertip pull ups, heavy deads, rows and shrugs.

additionally, i have a "forearm exerciser" device i picked up from wal-mart for like 20 bucks. it's basically a spring loaded wrist curl contraption that really isolates the extensors well. also, one of them handles with a rope hanging off of it that you roll up and down from meijer for 10 bucks + like another 20 for the weights. though i'm still yet to use it because my latest favorite forearm exercise... towel pull ups! they seem to hit the hands harder than the forearms but still awesome.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do more compound exercsies

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

Chest / Triceps

Shoulders / Legs/ abs

off.

Thanks.
    Fastest way to build forearms is to do lots of compound exercises: Seated rows, bentover rows, pull ups, chin ups,

Forearms will be used in all these exercises, and will be forced to grow along with the large muscle groups to support the workload.

You can do forarm extensing and flexing exercise to isolate the muscle to fatigue it faster, but this will decrease the amount of weight u can lift.