dj_morton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dj_morton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dj_morton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My wife can't do a pushups

I don't see why, but my wife can't do a pushup. She says she can't keep her back up.

Would lower back work help this along with some "girl" push ups?

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ab work, too.

if knee push ups are too much, she can start with wall push ups.
    -

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dj_morton View Post
    I don't see why, but my wife can't do a pushup. She says she can't keep her back up.

What's wrong with that? when I weighted 370Lbs I couldn't either.

Jorge
    Why do I want to lose weight? Simple, so my body can match my ego.

"He who learns only as a means to an end is destined to never reach his full potential" - JRA

hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10) hamrogers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, if she can't do a single normal pushup she should start with pushups on her knees. Also make sure her elbows are closer to her side as they would be for a bench press, a lot of people position ther upper arms straight out so their elbows are making a straight like with the shoulders. This is a lot harder.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow

If it were my wife she'd been doing less push-ups and more sammich-makes.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

dj_morton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dj_morton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dj_morton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jorgerod View Post

Jorge

Nothing wrong with it....Just posting here for some tips.

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    +1 Rep lol

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    ^ This!

Jorge
    It's 'weighed'.

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My guess is her core is weak along with lacking upper body strength. But that's typical for most women. Just strengthen her core and have her do some weighted chest/shoulders work and I'm sure she can do a pushup within a month.

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by flangmasterj View Post
    ^ This!

It's 'weighed'.

Thanks, English being my second language, I occasionally screw up.

Jorge

"He who learns only as a means to an end is destined to never reach his full potential" - JRA

Nothing wrong with it....Just posting here for some tips.
    Planks will help her strengthen her core for pushups.

Jorge

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Planks will help her strengthen her core for pushups.

Jorge
    If she can't stay up during pushups then she probably wont be able to for planks either. You're in the same position for both.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    have her start with light db presses.
    " M as in Mancy"

Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    If she can't stay up during pushups then she probably wont be able to for planks either. You're in the same position for both.
    Not necessarily since your not dividing your energy in core + arms. + Planks is to strngthen her core for pushups.

Jorge

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    the answer is simple.

INCLINE push ups and INCLINE planks.

problem solved.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Cool thanks for the tips. I'll pass them along.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another idea is to have her start on her knees, help her up to the regular pushup position, and then she slowly lowers herself to the floor. Negative pushups, if you will. Over time, that should help her increase her strength to do regular pushups.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyla_Nguyen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Start with girlie push ups

Sounds like she has a weak core and upper body strength. Start with girlie or modified push ups upwards to 25 reps to build muscular endurance then switch into the plank to build core. do it 3 sets, 3-4 times...for a week. Second week, try regular push ups sets of 5 reps.

Yes. I'm bigger than you. hessunit's Avatar
    hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hamrogers View Post
    Yeah, if she can't do a single normal pushup she should start with pushups on her knees. Also make sure her elbows are closer to her side as they would be for a bench press, a lot of people position ther upper arms straight out so their elbows are making a straight like with the shoulders. This is a lot harder.
    WRONG. The whole reason people put their arms way out to the side when they're weak is to let the delts take over and assist the movement.

OP, if even pushups from the knees are too hard, start her on the smith machine...doing pushups on the bar. Gradually lower the bar down. Alternatively, you can start with it lower and assist her on the eccentric portion (on the way up) using a towel just below her tits to help pull her up and then let her control the negative.
    Lift smart.

I rear ended a car this morning...the driver that got out of the other car was a dwarf !!
    He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
    So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"
    That's how the fight started.

"The two best activities for your health are pumping and humping"
    Arnold Swarzenegger

....done. Phew.

Registered User SmithMachineGuy's Avatar
    SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by hessunit View Post
    OP, if even pushups from the knees are too hard, start her on the smith machine...doing pushups on the bar. Gradually lower the bar down...
    an excellent plan!

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    has she tried pushups on her knees?

pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500) pgrudo01 is not very helpful. (-500)
    pics?

Registered User kimchiboyScout_out's Avatar
    kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000) kimchiboyScout_out is just really nice. (+1000)
    Force her to do reverse cowgirl on you so she can build tricep strength