MassiveGrowth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whats the best way to lose 40 pounds in 4 months?

Hey, I am currently at 210 pounds and I want to get down to 170. I dont think I am obese because I used to work out a lot and my legs and arms are pretty strong but I have a big gut. I could obviously stand to lose some major pounds. I am 16 years old. I am almost 6'0 . I want to accomplish this from now untill the next school year starts (early september). Recently I have been cutting the snacks and keeping away from the junk food. And I only eat when I am very hungry. I say my calorie intake is under 2500 daily. I also run/walk a mile a day on my treadmill and use my punching bag for 10 minutes straight. If you guys have any tips at all, I would appreciate them greatly.

Thank you-

Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eye2_Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hunh... you're pretty lucky being young and strong. You have a lot choices on how to lose 40 pounds in 4 months. Since it appears that your BMR is over 2500 cals/day, you could try a combination of muscle gain and fat loss. That way you won't have to diet so hard. But you still have to count every calorie you consume.

One pound reduction per week via calorie deficit and one pound per week from lifting heavy at low reps. That's overly simplistic since you probably won't have to cut out 500 calories per day due to the heavy lifting.

Try eatting 2300 cals per day and lifting 3 or 4 days a week. See if you are losing 2 pounds a week. Adjust calorie intake based on your weekly weigh-in. Keep an eye on your body fat percentage too. You don't want to lose too much muscle since you have plenty of time to attain your goal.

Good luck bro.

duderoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well "eating only when your hungry" isnt always the best thing to do...try not eating after about 7, because you wont burn off the calories by the time you go to sleep...do allot of cardio like running, biking, basketball, soccer, any sport where you have to run allot, and move your whole body....sports like baseball arent the best idea since you just kinda stand there for a few hours until you touch the ball.....lay off anything fried, eat baked, cut the french fries, dont eat fast food like mcdonalds etc. drink ALLOT of water, it promotes fat loss, and fills you up. many people think that drinking allot juice is good , well its NOT because its filled with sugars. but dont get me wrong you still need some fruits for nutrition. also take a multi vitamin. eat allot of vegetables for the nutrition, and they fill you up. for your gut, it will start fading away slowly but you will need to do allot of work such as crunches and other ab work with your diet. take it slow, dont starve yourself!!! starving yourself makes your body start eating away lean tissue...which is not good! dont drink any of those "48 hour diets" which just make you lose water, not fat.
    if you feel like eating one day like on the weekends with friends, or at a party or something, go do hard cardio so that way it doesnt get soaked up as fat. your still growing, so you need your nutrition more than an adult. eat chicken (not fried) and salads which fill you up (but no dressing unless its fat free)................well ill shut up now, since you probably get the picture. allot of cardio, no fast food, or snacks, allot of water, vegetables , and nutritious foods!....hope i helped some

thanks guys, do you think popcorn is an ok snack?

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i doubt it.

if you eat between 5-8 times a day you won't need snacks.

an orange is a good snack

Baseball2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever I've wanted to drop body fat I've found that power walking on a treadmill on it's highest incline at about 4 to 4.5 MPH works really well. Power walking has been more beneficial for me than running on a treadmill. It's easier on the knees, plus it's made my endurance a lot better. Usually I'll do about 30-45 minutes 4 to 5 times a week. Depending on my goals at the time.

The power walking itself will burn up anywhere from about 700-900 cals usually. Even while taking gluatamine though, my muscle mass does decrease some, but at the same time it allows me to get pretty lean.

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by MassiveGrowth
    thanks guys, do you think popcorn is an ok snack?
    No. Pop Corn is generally terrible for you. If you're eating a proper 5-6 meals a day, you shouldn't really be hungry for a snack. If you are, have a few raw veggie sticks, like broccoli or celery. Good stuff.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Dude, eating only when your really hungry is not a good idea. Your metabolism helps you consume food and burn fat, the slower your metabolism the harder it is to lose fat, it is recommended to eat about 6 times per day.

Don't eat after 7? Uh, I don't think so, eat after 7 if you like, just try not to eat carbs, I eat up until 9:00pm at night, my last meal before bed is a protein shake in water.

Walking is the best exercise for losing weight. Instead of running just go for a walk with or without someone, you don't need to go superfast, dont go so fast that you can no longer carry on a conversation.

If you take supplements, an ECA stack would really help you strip the fat, and give you the energy needed to perform during exercise as well as upping your metabolism.

I also don't think that popcorn would be a good snack. Just get something like some water crackers (good complex carbs).

t.renz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It sounds like you know what you want, and have a good starting point for getting into good shape.

When I was your age I was about 200 pounds and all fat. (I'm 24 now). When I was about 19 or so I got sick of being a blob and started with jogging. I lost 10 pounds in like 3 months just from the jogging. Long story short I am now 180, work out 6 days a week, including running 20-25 miles a week. It's a contsant part of my life trying to get leaner. Right now I am at about 12% bf.

The only advise I can give you is basic stuff- drink NO pop (except diet), avoid cereal and white bread, and don't get discouraged.There is a lot of experience to draw from on this board, use it wisely!

Tim
    The wheel is turning and you can't slow down

Thank you all for helping me, One more question.. Should I be counting just the calories or the carbs as well?

Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100) Amatuer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Calories is a total of all proteins, fats and carbs that you eat, it goes like this

1g protein = 4 calories
    1g carbohydrates = 4 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't forget Alcohol.

1g Alcohol = 7 Calories
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.