legacyvet76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keto with glutamene? and cheat day?

i have been on keto since begining of nov 2013 i have been extremely resposive to this diet now i am reading that on a carb up day glutamene can be introduced, i have been supp glutemene in my diet every day and creatine it has not seem to have affected my fat reduction and my muscle mass has stayed and even increased a little. so am i making a mistake? it seems to be working great for me. also i was wondering can we have a cheat meal or even just a cheat snack once a week? maybe a cookie or small amount of ice cream along with the healthy carb load day? thanks !

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    all good questions. I asked about glutamine at the beginning of 2013, when I first started. Nobody seemed to know at that time, so I continued taking it immediately after workout, together with creatine as well. This cocktail seem to have done me only good, keto or not. I slimmed down to 180 lbs from 197 and gained about 9 pounds after initial cut. Strength is up, fat is down, morale is high. I can't remember when was the last time I had such progress.

About cheat meals - not good. You can have a little snack, but not really a meal. I did happen to have such snacks, totalling to about 100g of carbs for a day, this was through the periods of time when I had two training sessions a day, boxing and weighlifting, or two lifting sessions. In such case carbs didn't even kick me out of keto. May I suggest a strict discipline though, chocolate makes the road very slippery.

Almost forgot, there is a keto ice cream recipe, try it, so delicious and perfectly keto.

legacyvet76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all those views i thought no one was going to answer thanks! you have helped a bucnch
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    all good questions. I asked about glutamine at the beginning of 2013, when I first started. Nobody seemed to know at that time, so I continued taking it immediately after workout, together with creatine as well. This cocktail seem to have done me only good, keto or not. I slimmed down to 180 lbs from 197 and gained about 9 pounds after initial cut. Strength is up, fat is down, morale is high. I can't remember when was the last time I had such progress.

About cheat meals - not good. You can have a little snack, but not really a meal. I did happen to have such snacks, totalling to about 100g of carbs for a day, this was through the periods of time when I had two training sessions a day, boxing and weighlifting, or two lifting sessions. In such case carbs didn't even kick me out of keto. May I suggest a strict discipline though, chocolate makes the road very slippery.

Almost forgot, there is a keto ice cream recipe, try it, so delicious and perfectly keto.