cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is cheese allowed on the Ketogenic low-carb diet?

Hello all: I would like to know if i could eat cheese on this ketogenic low-carb diet. Because i have a lot of Kraft Deluxe Cheese which has less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per slice about 70 calories. I would like to know if it's ok to eat cheeses real low in carbohydrates like this one or mozzarella, monterrey or american cheese.

Thanks

http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cheese is fine so long as you don't overdo it. It's very easy to underestimate portion size and go overboard on calories.

mjdibenedetto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya good question...cuz i like to fry up some mozzarella cheese and eat it.

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi, indeed, like Lyle Mcdonalds who said that the end of the day what really counts is the amount of calories we take in. So you are right in that we can gain weight with cheese, because of its nice flavor, can tempt us to eat a lot of it and its concentrated number of calories. So its real easy to eat 300 calories cheese in some slices of it.

Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    Cheese is fine so long as you don't overdo it. It's very easy to underestimate portion size and go overboard on calories.

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go with a full fat cheese: cheddar, jack, munster, blue are all good choices.

If you get shredded, there can be trace amounts of dextrose, which is where that carb comes from...which is used in the ingredient that causes it not to stick.

Block cheese, and deli style sliced cheese.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayWesson1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mtfx View Post
    Go with a full fat cheese: cheddar, jack, munster, blue are all good choices.

If you get shredded, there can be trace amounts of dextrose, which is where that carb comes from...which is used in the ingredient that causes it not to stick.

Block cheese, and deli style sliced cheese.
    Very true...I always get block cheese and grate it myself.
    ~Jay Wesson
    "My will is stronger than yours"

Instagram: @JaystruthNPC

jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, for whatever reason, some people on ketogenic diets who eat lots of cheese report that it stalls their weight loss. Not sure why, but I see this come up every now and again. If I go crazy wih cheese I notice that the weight doesn't come off as easily as it does when I control myself, even when the cheese fits in my macros.

This doesn't apply to everyone, but something to keep in mind...

Hi, i agree with you, thats why i had to take out cheese from my diet, becuase i was noticing that i was blocking my weight-loss. This doesn't happen to me with chicken, maybe it is because the satiety-factor of chicken is higher than the satiety of cheese. So it is real easy to take in vasts amount of calories coming from cheese compred to eating lots of calories from chicken without feeling completely full

Originally Posted by jayemgee View Post
    Also, for whatever reason, some people on ketogenic diets who eat lots of cheese report that it stalls their weight loss. Not sure why, but I see this come up every now and again. If I go crazy wih cheese I notice that the weight doesn't come off as easily as it does when I control myself, even when the cheese fits in my macros.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jayemgee View Post

It's because some people are sensitive to dairy or aged foods and don't realize it. It's a food sensitivity versus an allergy.

Here's a google search...should give you some idea of how much info is out there...not sure how scientific it all is...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

In case it's not a good link...google "dairy & food & sensitivity & stall"
    Last edited by redheadlaw7; 04-20-2010 at 04:51 PM.

jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayemgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    It's because some people are sensitive to dairy or aged foods and don't realize it. It's a food sensitivity versus an allergy.

Here's a google search...should give you some idea of how much info is out there...not sure how scientific it all is...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

In case it's not a good link...google "dairy & food & sensitivity & stall"

Ahhh, yes. It's all coming back to me now. Thanks!

mike0o2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0o2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never knew that about shredded cheese. Is there really enough to make that much of a difference if I am using only about 1/8 - 1/4 cup? Does this apply to pre-sliced cheese?

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mike0o2 View Post
    I never knew that about shredded cheese. Is there really enough to make that much of a difference if I am using only about 1/8 - 1/4 cup? Does this apply to pre-sliced cheese?
    actually, cellulose, potato and/or cornstarch are used in pre-shredded cheeses to keep from sticking/cakeing-up. everyone should read food product labels if possible to avoid this...will it make a difference? - prob. not too big of a deal, but good to know. try to by unprocessed, aged cheese if possible. (pre-sliced cheese might have anti-sticky stuff added too).
    "That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp

Hello, the thing is that we the poors gotta buy cheapest cheese, and the unprocessed natural cheeses are just too damn expensive, like 6 dollars a pound, and 1 pound of cheese is not a significant amount for a week. And you are right, most cheeses sold in the supermarkets in USA are full of evil stuff like corn-starch, foodstarch, fattening sh|ts. That's why is so hard to lose weight in America, coz most foods in USA have fattening hidden cornstarches and fattening sugars, even if the Nutrition Labels say zero calories.

Food corporations lie to people in their nutrition label

Originally Posted by carbotoo View Post
    actually, cellulose, potato and/or cornstarch are used in pre-shredded cheeses to keep from sticking/cakeing-up. everyone should read food product labels if possible to avoid this...will it make a difference? - prob. not too big of a deal, but good to know. try to by unprocessed, aged cheese if possible. (pre-sliced cheese might have anti-sticky stuff added too).

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cyclistgod View Post
    Hello, the thing is that we the poors gotta buy cheapest cheese, and the unprocessed natural cheeses are just too damn expensive, like 6 dollars a pound, and 1 pound of cheese is not a significant amount for a week. And you are right, most cheeses sold in the supermarkets in USA are full of evil stuff like corn-starch, foodstarch, fattening sh|ts. That's why is so hard to lose weight in America, coz most foods in USA have fattening hidden cornstarches and fattening sugars, even if the Nutrition Labels say zero calories.

Food corporations lie to people in their nutrition label
    the food company's don't lie so much as mis-lead, but food labels are basically honest - and i really can't imagine having NO labeling like ye olden days.

cheese is a borderline kinda keto foodstuff imo - i definitly control the amt that i consume, and would rather have a small amt of a great aged cheese than a ton of cheap cheese. and when i say "processed" i mean velveeta and cheese whiz and the stuff you buy in crocks - regular cheddar and mozz, etc. can be fairly inexpensive if you buy in bulk or on sale - and ironically much less expensive in the long run than the presliced/shredded and wrapped. cheese though is not an essential part of the diet, it's just nice to know you can eat the full fat varieties and round out your meal plans.
    "That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp

kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If cheese wasn't allowed I wouldn't be doing keto, I put a slice in my eggs for the morning, a slice on my burgers, sometimes in my salad. a slice on my veggies and every now and then will have a cheese stick for a snack if I am hungry.

WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaltrSobchak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can someone tell me an exceptable amount of cheese for the day? I probably eat between 2-3 ounces of it a day.

I get this block mozzarella from Costco and its like 4.69 for 2 lbs of it and its sooooo good. Have to actively control myself from eating a ton of it.

Originally Posted by WaltrSobchak View Post
    Can someone tell me an exceptable amount of cheese for the day? I probably eat between 2-3 ounces of it a day.

I get this block mozzarella from Costco and its like 4.69 for 2 lbs of it and its sooooo good. Have to actively control myself from eating a ton of it.
    I've found personally that keeping myself to a maximum of about three or so 1oz servings per day works best. Again, people react differently so you'll have to play with the number of servings and see what works for you.

TxAggie2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the post.