kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How many ounces of veggies a day?

I see online that they refer to vegetables as cups, but I'm curious. Does anyone know the recomended amount of vegetabeles one should take in a day by the american heart association?

Currently I'm taking in 8 ounces of vegetables a day and want to know how close I am to the recomended amount of vegetables in a day.

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't know what's the recommended amount and even if I did it wouldn't do you much good as these food recommendations are usually way off. Especially for the bodybuilding/very active consumers.

I eat at least 14 ounces of fibrous veggies to get as much minerals and vitamins (especially vitamin A, kinda hard to get that sucker through food) as possible and I think another ~8 ounces would do me nothing but good. When bulking I also go through the same amount of starchy veggies like chickpeas, beans and peas a day... Feels good man, can't wait to get back at it!

patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat a ton of veggies!

just with my lunch this afternoon i ate:

7oz of broccoli
    150g of asparagus
    200g of cauliflower
    250g of mushrooms

I will have a load more with dinner too. averaging out to, well... a lot.
    Height: 6ft
    BF% 5%
    Weight: 157 lbs.

Height: 6ft
    BF% 11%
    Weight: 179 lbs.

DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000)
    One cup = 8 fluid ounces. Eight ounces by dry weight varies, it may not be a cup or it may be more. AFAIK, veg are usually measured by cups rather than ounces because based on density, different veg weighs different amounts. A serving of lettuce would be much lighter by ounces than a serving of raw carrots, for example. A better explanation can be found here:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_d...s_are_in_a_cup
    That, plus I would imagine it's easier and as close to accurate as we'll get from most sources since most Americans do at least have cup measures in their home, if not a food scale.

You can search for food in grams here:
    http://www.nutrition.gov/nal_display...11&tax_level=1 (select look up calories or nutrients in food on right hand navigation bar)
    nutritiondata.com might also have the conversion, but I can't get in right now to check for you.
    Last edited by DomesticDiva; 04-17-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Clarifying difference in ounces
    **OBF/House of Rage Winter-Spring Transformation Contest Log**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141865541

kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmac27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by patouk View Post
    I eat a ton of veggies!

just with my lunch this afternoon i ate:

7oz of broccoli
    150g of asparagus
    200g of cauliflower
    250g of mushrooms

I will have a load more with dinner too. averaging out to, well... a lot.
    That would take me over an hour to consume that much veggies. I'm finding they go down easy if you steam them in tin foil in the oven.