Tacoman123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traps on Back or Shoulder day?

Hello, been always lurking around at this site, finally made an account.
    Bare with me, because my English isn't very good.

The shoulder and back muscles are pretty complex, wich creates some inefficiency issues for the workout programs.

The shoulder deltoids has 3 sides to it. I need to do front/sides and rear. With the back, I need to think about not only Lats but also the Trapezius muscle. Traps also get hit while doing clean and jerk or other specific shoulder exercises.

Other then switching to a full body program, how do people deal with this?

I expirimented with plenty of programs, and I always notice weaknesses/disadvantages to different kind of splits. Such as the problem of having a muscle group trained sooner or later then you'd like.

Day 1: Chest/Triceps
    Day 2: Back/Biceps
    Day 3: Legs/Shoulders
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Rest

So I figured maybe I can split it to do Lats with Biceps. Then do Shoulders/Trapezius. And also give Legs its own day.

It would look like this:

Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Shoulder/Trapezius
    Day 5: Legs
    Day 6: Rest

I'l do chin ups, lateral pulldowns, barbel rows on back day, pretty much for lats.
    And do the usual clean and jerk, overhead presses, shrugs for Trapezius and lateral raises etc.

Do you think the first program is better, or the 2nd one is improved?

Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tacoman123 View Post
    Hello, been always lurking around at this site, finally made an account.
    Bare with me, because my English isn't very good.

The shoulder and back muscles are pretty complex, wich creates some inefficiency issues for the workout programs.

The shoulder deltoids has 3 sides to it. I need to do front/sides and rear. With the back, I need to think about not only Lats but also the Trapezius muscle. Traps also get hit while doing clean and jerk or other specific shoulder exercises.

Other then switching to a full body program, how do people deal with this?

I expirimented with plenty of programs, and I always notice weaknesses/disadvantages to different kind of splits. Such as the problem of having a muscle group trained sooner or later then you'd like.

Day 3: Legs/Shoulders
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Rest

So I figured maybe I can split it to do Lats with Biceps. Then do Shoulders/Trapezius. And also give Legs its own day.

It would look like this:

Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Shoulder/Trapezius
    Day 5: Legs
    Day 6: Rest

I'l do chin ups, lateral pulldowns, barbel rows on back day, pretty much for lats.
    And do the usual clean and jerk, overhead presses, shrugs for Trapezius and lateral raises etc.

Do you think the first program is better, or the 2nd one is improved?
    Exact same program i use, i work my traps in my shoulder workout, 2nd one is better cause your giving your body a rest on Wednesday, on the first one your working out 3 days straight, IMO the 2nd one will be better your body would prob want it,

Tacoman123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeh I figured the same thing. Also I like giving legs its own day

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Traps are part of your back imo.

Dont think its going to make too much difference either way.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    Dont think its going to make too much difference either way.
    Exactly. IMHO, instead of worrying about what day you train traps, you should be worrying about how to deadlift as much weight as possible.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitter2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    help me