Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'1", 169 lbs
    syntaxle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit syntaxle's BodySpace

How easy is it to regain lost muscle after illness?

Is it gonna take just as long to get back to the same level? I've been ill for the last 2 weeks; very bad, I've eaten virtually no proper meals for the last fortnight cos I'm just sick straight away; just been taking multivits and juices and milk/soups. I'm just coming out of it now and I've lost a stupid amount of weight, like 7 pounds since the start of april. Although I'm cutting and have luckily lost a fair amount of fat through this, I've lost more muscle than usual because I havn't been able to maintain it, and people are already saying my arms are noticably smaller; they're down about '3 inches.

Is there specific things I need to do to help get back on track as quickly as possible and kick-start my body? And how easy is it gonna be to regain that muscle lost?

Stats: 5'9", 220 lbs
    IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IrishMuscle99 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IrishMuscle99's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by syntaxle View Post
    Is it gonna take just as long to get back to the same level? I've been ill for the last 2 weeks; very bad, I've eaten virtually no proper meals for the last fortnight cos I'm just sick straight away; just been taking multivits and juices and milk/soups. I'm just coming out of it now and I've lost a stupid amount of weight, like 7 pounds since the start of april. Although I'm cutting and have luckily lost a fair amount of fat through this, I've lost more muscle than usual because I havn't been able to maintain it, and people are already saying my arms are noticably smaller; they're down about '3 inches.

Is there specific things I need to do to help get back on track as quickly as possible and kick-start my body? And how easy is it gonna be to regain that muscle lost?
    A lot of your weight loss is attributed to dehydration/glycogen depletion. Get some fluids in you, gradually begin to consume protein/food at your own pace and get back in the gym.
    Currently train MMA @ Jacks Gym

ALWAYS SUPPORTING:

Jon Jones
    Nick Diaz
    Matt Hughes
    Shogun Rua
    Shane Carwin

Stats: 6'1", 169 lbs
    syntaxle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit syntaxle's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by IrishMuscle99 View Post
    A lot of your weight loss is attributed to dehydration/glycogen depletion. Get some fluids in you, gradually begin to consume protein/food at your own pace and get back in the gym.
    It literally just occured to me as I made the post that maybe some of the size loss is just nutrient depletion; which if it is the case I'm frikkin happy about cos that's obviously easier to get back on track

I went to the gym today and my strength is roughly maintained. My bench has dropped by about 5lb though, but my biceps, triceps and shoulders are more or less the same strength. Backs gotten about 5lb weaker as well though and so have my legs, but this is all considering that yeah I'm not as nutritionally sound as I usually am.