Thread: Protein Shake

LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question Protein Shake

I have been using Myoplex Lite as my protein/meal replacement shake every morning after my workout. I'm nearing the end of my variety pack [choking down he rest of the chocolate ugh] and am wondering if there is a better powder out there.

I was looking at Optimum 100% Whey protein, mainly because it seemed to be a favorite after my search of the board, but it doesn't have nearly the same amount of nutrients as Myoplex.

Quick background - I'm 29, female, my goal is weight loss.

Thank you in advance

j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j3ff12ey28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LuckyXIII View Post
    I have been using Myoplex Lite as my protein/meal replacement shake every morning after my workout. I'm nearing the end of my variety pack [choking down he rest of the chocolate ugh] and am wondering if there is a better powder out there.

I was looking at Optimum 100% Whey protein, mainly because it seemed to be a favorite after my search of the board, but it doesn't have nearly the same amount of nutrients as Myoplex.

Quick background - I'm 29, female, my goal is weight loss.

Thank you in advance
    OPTIMUM NUTRITION 100% WHEY PROTEIN FTMFW!!!!!!!!! I Love that stuff! By far the best tasting protein I've ever taken (Just be sure to choose the right flavors though haha) Definitly good for weight loss. 24G of protein 1G of Fat & Only 3G of carbs. Perfect if your goal is weight loss. Priced pretty low/fairly too. Theres what about 77 servings/scoops in a bottle? Cant go wrong there

Pseudo-Intellectual lovehasrisen's Avatar
    lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can always drink some fat-free chocolate milk for post workout
    Doctorate in Brotology

will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) will_t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm using Optimum 100% Whey Protein in Strawberry, and I don't have to choke it down at all.
    Squat til you puke.

LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LuckyXIII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks guys So can I use this as a meal replacement as well? Does it matter that it doesn't have all the nutrients Myoplex Lite has? I do take a multivitamin, but I guess I'm looking for some reassurance lol.

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've tried everything...

Gaspari's myofusion and BSN's syntha-6 are the best tasting protein powders I've tried.

I do have to say, however, that allthewhey makes awesome protein powders that have a lighter flavor and taste even better in milk. The cinnamon bun flavor is delicious, and I add a little bit of cinnamon to it to make it even better.

As far as optimum's gold standard, check out my complete flavor review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hlight=optimum
    Last edited by musicality213; 04-15-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffisdabest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    myofusion ftmfw optimum has to get its kneepads out when myo walks in the room brah.
    if sam can, can can sam?